Annapurna Short Trekking
This Annapurna Short Trekking is suitable for everyone in limited time. This also known as the easiest but adventurous trek among the Annapurna region. The circular 5 days Annapurna short trek begins and end in Pokhara. Pokhara is a city of the lake, it will take about 6-7 hours by land and about 30 min by air to reach to Pokhara from Kathmandu. This trek starts from 820m/2690ft elevation (Pokhara) and it goes to 3210m/10530ft high (Poonhill).
This trek is a good combination of nature, culture and different ethnic groups of people such as Gurungs and Magars, agriculturists of Tibetan origin. The Magars are skilled craftsmen in stone and wood. Annapurna Short Trekking offers you breathtaking scenery of snowy peaks, flora and fauna and so on. The adventure starts from Nayapool and after 1 ½ hour drive from Pokhara through forested hill and farmland to Tikhedhunga.
In the second day of your trek, is stepper but it takes you through a dense forest of oak and rhododendron (National Flower of Nepal) and birds chirping to the flourishing and well-situated village of Ghorepani. An early morning of 45 min walks up to Poon Hill, rewarded with the magnificent view of sunrise of the panoramic views of several snow-clad mountains and peaks like Gangapurna, Annapurna South, Annapurna I, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail, Hiunchuli Mountain and so on.
After getting the engrossing views of mountains, is rewarded with a glorious sunrise view of the spectacular view of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri range to the north and lowland hills to the south. After breakfast, the trail follows the ridgeline to Tadapani with plenty of snow-peak views including the iconic Fishtail Mountain. On the day of your trekking, you can see a beautiful traditional village inhabited by Gurung tribe. In the fifth day drops along a river to Nayapool.
Annapurna short trekking leads the trekkers into the Annapurna conservation area project (ACAP). This area boasts villages with ancient and cultural significance and some of the most breathtaking scenery in the entire region. Being a low altitude trek, trekkers need to have normal physical fitness and endurance to trek for 3-4 hours a day on average in the hilly terrain. Each night you will be staying at lodge own by locals. Join us to experience the professional, quality service; experienced and qualified guides; carefully designed itineraries and customized service as per your needs. Annapurna short trekking can be done at any time of the year but March to May and September to December remains the best season of the year to do Annapurna Short trek.
- Day 01: Pokhara – Nayapul – Tirkhedhunga (1570m/5150ft) about 2 hours drives and 3-4 hrs walks
- Day 02: Tikhedhunga-Ulleri-Ghorepani (2780m/9121ft) 5-6 hrs walks
- Day 03: Ghorepani- Poon Hill (3210m/ 10531ft) about 45 min walk–Ghorepani- Tadapani (2660m/8727ft) 4-5 hrs walks
- Day 04: Tadapani – Ghandruk (1990m/6529ft) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 05: Ghandruck – Pokhara (820m/2690ft) about 4 hrs walk and 2 hrs drive
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First aid kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Pokhara to Nayapul to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu/Chitwan transportation (if you want we can organize for you with additional cost)
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary. We can help you arrange extra nights’ accommodation.
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip;
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries