Everest Base Camp Tour
This trip begins from Kathmandu, Kathmandu is a capital city of Nepal and also capital city for tourism. Kathmandu is very rich for cultural and historical sight. On this trip, we take you to the Cultural and Historical places in Nepal and Tibet. Lhasa, is the “Holy-Land”, the capital of Tibet, it has a long history more than 1300 years. This trip offers you one of the best magnificent points of Mt Everest and many other mountains. In Kathmandu, you will be able to visit three famous Cultural and Historical sites which are listed in the UNESCO world heritage sites. We have lovely countryside drive to the Tibetan border than again through the high dry landscape to the Lhasa with a nice view of the mountain. People are very friendly in Nepal and in Tibet, but in Tibet, you must be careful while talking to people and giving Photo about Dalai Lama to local.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Nyalam. (3700m) 5-6 hrs drive
- Day 04: Nyalam to Tingri (4100m) 5-6 hrs drive
- Day 05: Tingri to Ronbuk (4980m) 6-7 hrs drive
- Day 06: Explore Ronbuk Monastery (highest monastery in the world)
- Day 07: Ronbuk to Shigatse. (3900m) 5-6 hrs drive
- Day 08: Shigatse to Gyantse (3950m) 4-5 hrs drive
- Day 09: Gyamtse to Lhasa (3650M) 5-6 hrs drive
- Day 10 and day 11: Two Full Days in Lhasa
- Day 12: Lhasa to Kathmandu
- Day 13: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 14: Final departure
- All airports pick up drop by private vehicle.
- Welcome dinner in Kathmandu
- 04 night Twin/Double shearing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu by private vehicle.
Tibet entry permit and visa.
- Kathmandu to Tibetan border by Tourist bus and from border to Lhasa by 4WD Jeep
- 09 night twin shearing accommodation on BB on route and in Lhasa
- All the guided sightseeing tours with necessary entrance fee in Tibet.
- Lhasa to Kathmandu by flight
- International flight ticket and airport departure tax.
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and in Tibet.
- Nepal re entry visa
- Tips for guide and driver
- Bag pack.
- Day bag. ( Small handbag)
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torchlight.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
China Visa (in the case you enter Tibet from Nepal)
You need to get your Chinese visa from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. Please note that if you have already got a Chinese visa at your home country, it will be cancelled and fresh visa will be issued in Kathmandu. So, it’s useless to apply for a Chinese visa until you reach to Kathmandu and avoid waste of money. The visa days in the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu are Monday, Wednesday and Friday and visa can be collected the same day upon payment of urgent fees.
Tours in Tibet is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas and mountains.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can't sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
Lhasa is recently connected with train network with main land China. Roads in Tibet are not very good but much has improved recently. Normally, 4 wheel Japanese jeeps and cars are used to carry tourists and trucks for supplies and equipment.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.