Langtang Valley Trekking
Langtang Valley Trek is aptly known as “Valley of Glacier Trek” part of the Great Himalaya trail trek. Langtang Valley Trekking is the place of less-explored central Langtang valley trekkingHimalayan regions nearest point from Kathmandu Valley to Trek where you will see the wonderful snowcapped Himalayans and eye appealing glaciers of Langtang Lirung, Dorje lakpa, Ganesh Himal and Manaslu. Langtang Valley is as wild as Tibetan highlands with idyllic villages and farmlands of its people, most of them are of Tibetan origin. Langtang Valley Trek offers mountain peaks soaring in the sky, green forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock, and snow-capped peaks and wild Primus.
Langtang Valley Trek is walking through the Langtang National Park; you will have more chance to see some interesting Himalayan region plants, animals and birds. The best time for Trekking to Langtang valley is during the spring season when forests and hills will be covered by blossoming rhododendron. Tamangs and Sherpas in the Langtang Valley region are influenced by the old Tibetan lifestyle, culture, and their own language and traditions. Trekking Planner organizes Langtang Valley Trekking as per your wish and to Trek for a lifetime memory.
- Day 01: Arrival in Katmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubensi (1460m) about 7 hrs drive
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3330m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Kyangjing Gompa (3730m) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 07: Full day in Kyangjing Gompa
- Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 4-5 walk
- Day 09: Trek to Syabrubensi (1460m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 11: Final departure
USD $699.00 per person(3-star category hotel in City)
USD $899.00 per person(4-star category hotel in City)
USD $1099.00 per person(5-star category hotel in City)
Single room Supplement US $99.00
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi to Kathmandu by local bus(if you want both ways private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Langtang National Park entrance fee and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experienced, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation, and equipment
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with the group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First, add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- The arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oximeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trekking(Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries
Difficulties rating of Langtang Valley Trekking
A trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 4984 m, so you should be careful about altitude risk. To get rid of it please walks slowly and has more water and avoids alcoholic drinks. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Langtang Valley Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Langtang Valley Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Langtang Valley Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Langtang Valley Trek:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water gets froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.