Rara Lake to Khaptad Trekking
Rara Khaptad Circuit Trekking is one of the Trekking Routes around Rara National Park and Khaptad National Park,protected area of Nepal in Mid-Western and Far-Wertern Region. Rara Khaptad Circuit Trekking links two trekking destinations still in shadow though offers a beautiful sceneries and virgin natural beauties. Rara Khaptad Circuit Trek offers the beautiful sunset view and reflection of stars and moon at night in the Nepal’s biggest lake Rara, beautiful greenery valley and terraces landscapes, Ashram of Khaptad Baba with the temple of Hindu gods, unbeaten trail of the peaceful trek through dense forest, rivers and culture and livelihood of ancient local inhabitants very different from the cities areas. Rara Khaptad Circuit Trek is for the trekkers who want to experience the change or very different thing in their life. The natural beauties, people’s culture and lifestyle of this area will make you very emphasis and feels like you are having a best trekking ever in your life.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02: Day tours in Kathmandu/trek prepare day
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Nepalgunj (50 minute flight)
- Day 04: Flight from Nepalgunj to Talcha, Rara Lake (45 minute flight to Mugu and 4-5 hours walks)
- Day 05: Explore day around Rara Lake
- Day 06: Trek from Rara Lake to Sirkot
- Day 07: Trek from Sirkot to Jholunge Pul
- Day 08: Trek from Jholunge Pul to Kolti
- Day 09: Trek from Kolti to Martadi
- Day 10: Trek from Martadi to Dogadi
- Day 11: Trek from Dogadi to Khaptad National Park
- Day 12: Explore day in Khaptad National Park
- Day 13: Trek from Khaptad National Park to Bajhang (Tamail)
- Day 14: Drive from Bajhang to Dhangadi
- Day 15: flight from Dhangadi to Kathmandu
- Day 16: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 17: Final Departure
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours with car and necessary entrance fees in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Accommodation in the mountain during the Trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the Trekking
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Dinner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Rara Khaptad Circiut Trek
A trekkers have to pass Larka pass so trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 5215m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. Please be careful of frost bit and snow blindness. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Rara Khaptad Circiut Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On Rara Khaptad Circiut Trek
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Rara Khaptad Circiut Trek
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekkers.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left any thing anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anythings outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Rara Khaptad Circiut Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Rara Khaptad Circiut Trek
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin tht is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.