Short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking a perfect way to be close to Himalayan Mountains in less than duration of time within a week, an ideal walk for travelers with limited times in Nepal but with dreams to reach on the base of world highest mountains.
Short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking takes you to its scenic country walking from low warm farm areas to reach cooler alpine hills with constant views of high Annapurna peaks in the harmony of local villages enriched with time-less culture and age-old custom of great interest.
Walk leads into beautiful country enclosed by lovely green forest of tall rhododendron and pine trees with overnight stop in local villages lodge with opportunity to soak into local traditional farm life.
Journey continues into deep gorge of Modi River to reach a wide open plateau at Annapurna Sanctuary encircled by series of high peaks of Annapurna Himalaya range.
On reaching at scenic sanctuary where short walk leads you right in the heart of Mt. Annapurna at base camp, the one and only base in whole Himalaya with facilities of nice and cozy lodge right beneath towering giant mountains.
Enjoying time overlooking dramatic views of mighty peaks and then back to Chomrong on the same trail, and then taking an alternative route with visit to Jhinu village to refresh in its hot natural spring before heading back to Pokhara after a great adventure and experience on Short Annapurna Base Camp Trekking.
Please be informed that Short Annapurna Base Camp will be best in spring season of March to May months, when days are longer with much sunlight hours from early 6 a.m. till late 6 p.m. which helps to cover much distance each day to designated overnight stops.
As well around this time where wild-flowers are in season with colorful hills with flowers in bloom especially the rhododendron (national flower of Nepal) which you will find from tall trees to high bushes and with dwarf rhododendron plants known as Azalea.
- The shortest way to reach and enjoy grand views of Annapurna at close distance
- Reaching at Annapurna Base Camp on short limited times for interested trekkers
- Enjoy glamorous scenery of high peaks within beautiful Annapurna Sanctuary
- Explore local Gurung culture of great age-old traditions culture and hospitality
- From low warm areas to high cooler hills reaching at arctic zone of ice and glaciers
- The only base camp in whole Himalaya with comfort of nice and cozy lodge
- Day 01: Drive to Nayapul start walk to Ghandruk village 1,930 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 02: Trek to Chomrong 2,170 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 03: Trek to Dovan 2,630 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Machhapuchare Base Camp 3,700 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) at 4,130 m - 03 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek from Base Camp to Bamboo 2,345 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Jhinu village 1,780m with Hot Spring - 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to road head and drive to Pokhara-05 hrs.
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- safe drinking water and first aid kit box
- Pokhara to Nayapul to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Trekking Planner’s T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu transportation
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary. We can help you arrange extra nights accommodation.
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries