Trekking Tamang Heritage Trail takes you to beautiful high country in between massif Ganesh and Langtang Himal range, within Nepal Central Himalaya as well on ancient and present caravan and salt trade route of Nepal to Tibet / China.
Trekking Tamang Heritage Trail of a week time frame where one can enjoy great culture of immense interest interwoven with Buddhism and ancient Bon sect of pre-Buddhism similar to native Inuit / Eskimo and North American Indians or Laplanders, worship of nature and five great elements (Sky, Earth, Vegetation, Fire and Water).
On this trek where one can soak into age-old culture and heritage life as it were some thousands of years, as Tamang tribe believed to have settled and migrated in northern Himalayan range of Nepal since ancient times.
The Tamang tribe of Nepal was also brought to Kathmandu Valley by King Srong-sen Gampo of Tibet in the 7th Century AD as a cavalry (horse soldier) division. Their own tradition also says that their original habitat was in Southern Tibet in a place called Uichang after migrating from inner Mongolia.
Tamang folk tales reveal that during early days of resettling in Kathmandu valley and high hill of Central Himalaya around Langtang Himal region, and around other parts of Himalayan range.
Trekking Tamang Heritage Trail, an exclusive program that we have set for interested people and travelers where one can enjoy time-less culture and traditional life of ancient days that exists and well preserve in the Himalayas of Nepal.
This is more than a trek where one can enjoy and explore heritage and traditional life of mountain people around Tamang villages, where walk takes you near to Nepal and Tibet border and on high hill of Nagthali ridge at 3, 154 m high, offers tremendous panorama of snow clad peaks towards Ganesh and Langtang Himal range.
Besides cultural and mountain views walk takes you to serene lovely forest lined with rhododendron, pines and fir tree lines in spring time it will be magic when flowers are in season, Tamang Heritage Trail trekking on visiting its traditional villages as well enjoy refreshing natural hot spring along with local custom.
Slowly this wonderful short journey comes to an end heading back at Syabrubesi village the starting and finishing point of the walk and then exciting drive brings you to Kathmandu after a marvelous experience on Trekking Tamang Heritage Trail.
- On ancient Salt Trade and Caravan Trail Route of Nepal and Tibet beyond Langtang Himalaya
- Lovely cultural Tamang farm villages of great fascination to visit and interact with the natives
- Explore local immense culture and heritage life style of age-old traditions and colorful custom
- Walk into Tamang village interwoven with Buddhism and ancient Bon religion of great interest
- Marvelous scenery of dramatic landscapes, valleys with high Ganesh and Langtang Himalaya range
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubesi 1,503 m via Trisuli and Dhunche town 1,950 - 06 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Gatlang 2,238 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Tatopani 2,607 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Thuman 2,338 m via Nagthali 3,154 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 07 : Trek to Thimure 1,762 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Bridim 2,229 m – 05 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Syabrubesi - 04 hours walk.
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu and transfer to respective hotels.
- Day 11: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with privet vehicle (entrance fee extra).
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi to Kathmandu by local bus(if you want both ways private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Langtang National Park entrance fee and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experienced, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation, and equipment
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with the group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First, add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- The arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oximeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trekking(Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Trekking Tamang Heritage Trail provided with standard Itinerary days where some days can be shorter or longer walk as well with your physical fitness, where sometimes designated overnight stops can change, due to available rooms and other facilities and etc…….
We will follow the itinerary if its need to be changes in case of weather, landslides and difficulties on walks requiring more days where our leader and lead head guides decides holding full authority for Trekking Planner Treks and Expeditions.
Climate & Weather:
Himalayan climate can be unpredictable sometimes even in good best seasons, where April and May to first week of June will be the best time during spring times, when days are longer with enough sunlight hours.
Morning and night time as well in shade can be cold and much freezing temperatures around higher areas above 3,000 m.
Other months from September to November another great times for treks around Himalaya, when days are clear for views, although much colder months of autumn season with extreme cold during morning and night time, where sunlight is much shorter.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain entry visa from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya where all travelers and adventurer requires to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with Trekking Planner for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu.
Accommodations & Food:
On Tamang Heritage Trail staying on best available local lodge and in Home Stay at local villages, opportunity to mix with local and learn more about age-old heritage life style, where most lodge serves meals as per your choice from wide range listed menu from the lodge serving from famous Nepalese Dal-Bhat to Continental with some Chinese, Tibetans and Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic and fresh served in a large dining hall with warm environment.
On local lodge and in Home Stay with safe drinking water boiled and filtered for drinking.
Where all travelers require sound good health to join on all treks and climbs around Nepal Himalaya with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain disease.
Altitude Sickness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) might occur to some people on higher altitude from 2,000 m for some above 3,000 m high where taking slow and drinking much fluid and water can overcome from high altitude sickness or AMS.
On this trek AMS does not occur as you will be well acclimatized slowly on daily walks and with overnight stops at certain heights.
Where some can take protective measures using Diamox or Acetazolamide tablets this prevent and reduce symptoms of AMS can lower headache in high altitude walks and climb.
People with severe cases and situation of HACE and HAPE where the victim should be brought down to safe and secure places with medical team or doctors to attend, the fastest means is emergency evacuation by any means of immediate and fast transportation where available.
Around Nepal Himalaya the quickest emergency evacuation by means of Helicopter services to bring the victims back to Kathmandu and for further treatments.
For emergency evacuation where trekkers should be well insured with good Insurance policy that covers all medical side and the use of Helicopter or other means of transportation.
Where all travelers to Nepal Himalaya require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue to safe places and nearest hospitals.
Tamang Heritage Trail where people of all age can join in from infants to elderly of 70 years will be allowed if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
TIMS (Trekking Information Management Systems) or similar permits for this treks includes Langtang National Park entrance fee as well.
Getting Into Nepal:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
At present nearly all villages and towns do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergency situations.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with small charge as per your time in Nepal.
On paying full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your own individual expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on route treks like having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal, where the country with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with their own special interesting culture and custom.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Tipping is highly expected by crew members of trekking and on expeditions as traditions since tourism came in Himalayan countries.