Ghalegaun Ghan Pokhara trek
“Nature goes her own way, and all that to us seems an exception is really according to order.”
Our Ghalegaun Ghan Pokhara trek takes you to the north-central part of Nepal. Ghalegaun and Ghanpokhara trekking route offer model village for experiencing the typical culture and lifestyles of the Gurung people. Ghalegaun and Ghan Pokhara are mainly Gurung settlements promoting unique village tourism and practicing community-based hospitality. Traditional customs are still followed during births, deaths, marriages and in other rituals. Age-old cultural dances like Jyaure, serka, dohori, Ghatu, Sorathi, and Jankri etc are performed on various occasions accompanied by different musical instruments and with the dancers in traditional dress.
Ghalegaun trekking has substantially contributed to the promotion of village tourism in Nepal. As part of Nepal Himalaya trekking programs, Ghalegaun trek offers the opportunity for Ghalegaun village tour and village treks. Our trek will start with a drive to Pokhara and end at Khudi. Along with this whole route, you will have pleasant countryside walks to Ghalegaun in the Lamjung area with an awesome panorama of Annapurna, Lamjung Himal and Manaslu mountain range visiting typical Gurung tribe culture and traditions in the Himalayan mid hills into the nice enchanting forest of rhododendron, pines, and oaks tree lines. Ghalegaun, situated at the foot of Lamjung Himal in north-central Nepal, is an exotic pristine village endowed with an unparallel scenic grandeur and a home to world famous Gurkha soldiers- the Gurungs. Repository of a unique ethnic culture Ghalegaun is a true microcosm of stunning natural beauty mixed with an unspoiled ethnic lifestyle. Ghanapokhara is a beautiful village heading towards development with a concept of eco-tourism.
It lies at the north of Lamjung district in the close proximity of Ghalegaun at the top of Dash that Danda at an altitude of 2100 meters. Ghalegaun and Ghanpokhara are nestling amidst mountains, rivers, streams, waterfalls and green forests. These places command a superb breathtaking view of majestic western Himalayas including Machhapuchhare (6693m) Annapurna (8091m), Annapurna II (7939m) Annapurna IV (7525m), Lamjung Himal, Buddha Himal (6974m), Himalchuli (6747m) and many more smaller peaks. Activities around Ghalegaun also include bird watching at Talang Lake and visits to the Utter Kanya Temple, Pempro Fall, Batase Cave, and the Khudi hydroelectric dam site.
The approach to Ghalegaun-Ghanpokhara Trek is a wonderful experience in itself as it goes crossing over the rivers and passing through rhododendrons blossoming along the way amidst the chirping of birds and wild insects. Normally the best months to do this trek will be from October to December and March to May. Average hiking per day will be 6-7 hrs so it is necessary to have an above average physical fitness for this trek. Join the Incredible Mountains team now to be part of this eye-catching trek that will make you fall in love with Nepal’s Himalayan Mountains, and make you want to see more.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara via rafting
- Day 04: Full day in Pokhara
- Day 05: Drive to Thumsikot and Trek to Pakhurikot
- Day 06: Trek to Pasgaun
- Day 07: Trek to Ghalegaun/Ghanpokhara
- Day 08: Trek to Khudi and drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 09: Final departure
→US $799.00 per person
→Single Supplement US $130.00
- All airport pick drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with private vehicle and necessary entrance fee
- 01 day rafting on full board in Trishuli River
- Kathmandu to Pokhara via rafting and Khudi (trekking ending point) to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Pokhara to Trekking starting point by private vehicle
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- Best Available twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Safe drinking water on GhaleGaun Ghanapokhara Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits; normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for GhaleGaun Ghanapokhara Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for GhaleGaun Ghanapokhara Trek
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilets are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.