Trip Introduction: Shivapuri Hill Yoga Hike - 1 Day
The Shivapuri Hill Yoga Hike is a beautiful way to combine natural beauty and Nepalese culture in a single day. Shivapuri Hill lies just 14 kilometers/8.7 miles north of Kathmandu. Hikers worldwide can enjoy yoga in Nepal at this hill station, the second-highest hill station in Kathmandu. Shivapuri also offers beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. Visitors can see snow-capped peaks including Langtang (3,430 m/ 11,253 ft), Manaslu (8,163m/26,781ft), Ganesh Himal (7,422 m/24,350 ft), and Gaurishankar (7,134 m /23,406 ft).
The Shivapuri yoga hike is a one-day journey through Shivapuri National Park. The park is home to various species such as monkeys, deer, birds, and other wildlife. The National Park is home to 177 species of birds, 102 species of butterflies, and many other rare flora and fauna. Black bears, leopards, jungle cats, and rhesus monkeys are found in Shivapuri National Park. The climb provides spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, including the Himalayas. The hike is challenging yet satisfying, leaving visitors with memories to last a lifetime. This provides an excellent opportunity to see the best of Nepal in just one day.
Hikers climb uphill to visit Nagi Gompa, a school for Buddhist nuns. The hike is challenging due to the uphill walk however Nagi Gompa can be an excellent place to rest and observe the local way of life.
How does the Shivapuri Hill Yoga Hike start and end?
The trip begins at the Hindu holy site of Budhanilkantha Temple and continues through the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Shivapuri National Park. Along the trip, visitors can witness various species, including monkeys, deer, and birds. Individuals can also practice yoga in a lovely environment with views of the Kathmandu Valley and the Himalayas.
The trail starts at the Shivapuri National Park entrance gate and climbs through the forest to the top of Shivapuri Hill. Hikers will pass several villages and monasteries along the journey.
Upon reaching the hill, hikers will practice yoga in some of the most gorgeous settings imaginable. The hike concludes at Shivapuri Hill, where you will be rewarded with panoramic views of the Kathmandu Valley and surrounding mountains. From here, return to the park's entrance gate, where the adventure will come to a conclusion.
The Shivapuri yoga trek is an excellent chance to explore Nepal's natural beauty while learning about the country's rich culture and history. It's also an excellent way to exercise and enhance physical and mental health.
Shivapuri Hill Hike Detail
Shivapuri yoga and day hike start with an early morning drive that takes you north of Kathmandu to Narayanthan. Narayanthan is a small town located at the base of Shivapuri Hill, Budhanilkantha a holy site dedicated to Lord Vishnu (Hindu god of Preservation).
An exciting visit to the holy site Budhanilkantha Drive leads to the entrance of Shivapuri National Park, from the park entrance walk into the natural green surrounding covered with beautiful rhododendron, pines-fir-magnolia, and oak tree lines to reach Nagi monastery or Gompa where one can visit as time allows and then climb for few hours within the cool shade of the serene alpine forest to reach Shivapuri Hill at above 2,540 m high, facing a vast panorama of mountains from Ganesh-Langtang to Jugal Himal range with views of Kathmandu valley below.
Shivapuri is a lovely spot within a tranquil environment full of bird life like magpies, sunbirds, and ruby throats found around this scenic, serene hill, as per the time to reach the high spot of Shivapuri where our Yoga Guru will instruct you on some skills and practice of Yoga.
An enjoyable moment in the backdrop of lovely green surroundings and high snow-capped mountains, after an enjoyable time with Yoga exercise in the backdrop of the mountain range descend back to the road head and drive back to Kathmandu, on completing your marvelous time the day at Shivapuri hilltop.
Why Shivapuri Hill Yoga Hike?
The Shivapuri Hill Yoga Hike offers several compelling reasons why it is a popular choice among nature enthusiasts and yoga practitioners:
- Investigate nature: Hiking is an excellent way to discover new areas and enjoy the natural world. Hiking through forests, mountains, deserts, and other stunning environments is possible.
- Get out of the masses: Hiking is a terrific way to unwind and get away from the stresses of everyday life. There are lonely trails that are far away from the city's noise and pollution.
- Physical Fitness: Hiking is an excellent way to get some fitness while also enjoying the great outdoors. The climb through Shivapuri Hill has diverse degrees of difficulty, making it suitable for persons of varying fitness levels. It allows you to develop your muscles, improve your cardiovascular health, and increase your endurance.
- Yoga and Mindfulness: As integrating yoga sessions throughout the trip, you can combine the physical benefits of hiking with the mental and spiritual benefits of yoga. The peaceful surroundings of Shivapuri Hill make it a great location for yoga practice, fostering relaxation, stress reduction, and mindfulness.
- Make contact with Nature: Hiking can help you connect with nature and enjoy the natural beauty of your surroundings. It can also aid in stress reduction and mood enhancement.
- Spend time with family and friends: Hiking is an excellent opportunity to spend quality time with friends and family. It is a pleasant activity that you can undertake with your family while enjoying the outdoors.
- Rejuvenation and Wellness: The Shivapuri Hill Yoga Hike provides an unforgettable opportunity for refreshment and complete wellness. It enables you to unplug from daily concerns, reconnect with nature, and achieve inner calm. Hiking, yoga, meditation, and the serene setting combine to offer a complete experience that nurtures both the body and mind.