Annapurna Semi Circuit Trekking
Annapurna semi circuit trekking is one of the popular trekking routes in Annapurna area in Nepal. The trek of around Annapurna region is called Annapurna circuit trekking. In 1970s Manang area was opened for the trekkers, since then the circuit was possible for the trekking. The Annapurna region is rich in sceneries apart from the diverse culture and flora and faunas. There is no question that if you arrange trekking in the region during the winter season, you can see the orange trees loaded with fruits, you can also smell like perfume that comes from the different kinds of flowers which bloom during the season. Moreover, the higher you go up the more panoramic views of Manang village, forests and queuing hills you can see, which are some of the features of Annapurna semi circuit trekking.
No doubt how easy it seems but trekking in Annapurna is a risk as well. crossing over throng la pass is a risk at times especially when it snow. therefore, the trekkers have to be well prepared beforehand
Annapurna semi Circuit trekking around Annapurna massif is one of the finest in the Himalayas. Its 17 days program, that takes you right around the great Annapurna massif. The adventure start from Besi-Sahar. This is a long course that follows Marsyandi River, crosses Thorung La pass from the Manang basin and descends to the Kaligandaki. It is rich in variety and vistas from the ruling hill of Marsyangdi to the Himalayan interior, providing the complete trekking experience. The change of scenery at the limits of Thorung pass and the remains around the sacred area of Muktinath are also extremely interesting.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Khudi (850m/2788ft) about 08 hrs drive via Besi-Sahar (823m/2700ft)
- Day 04: Trek to Sirung (2200m/7217ft) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Chamje (1425m/4675ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Dharapani (1930m/6332ft) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Chame (2660 m/8730ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Pisang (3185m/10450ft)4-5 hrs walk
- Day 09: Trek to Manang (3480m/11420ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 10: Acclimatization day in Manang
- Day 11: Trek to Churilattar (4180m/13714ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 12: Trek to Thorang Phedi (4447m/14600ft) 3-4 hrs or Thorang High Camp (4910m/16109ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 13: Trek to Muktinath (3700m/12140ft) via Throng-La (5416m/17770ft) 6-7 hrs walk
- Day 14: Trek to Jomsom (2720m/8924ft) via Jharkot (3550 m/11647ft) 5-6 hrs walking
- Day 15: Fly to Pokhara (820m/2690ft) 25min
- Day 16: drive to Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft) about 7 hrs
- Day 17: Final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Khudi (if you want private vehicle from Kathmandu also available on additional cost) and Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus (if you want flight or private vehicle from Pokhara also available on additional cost)
- Annapura Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight with airport departure tax
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip;
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Difficulties rating of Annapurna semi circuit trek
A trekkers have to pass Thorung pass so trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 5416m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. Please be careful of frost bit and snow blindness. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Annapurna semi circuit Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On the Trek
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Annapurna semi circuit Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Annapurna semi circuit Trek:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin tht is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.