Trip Introduction: Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking 2023/2024 -25 Days
25 Days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking leads you to the breathtaking adventure of a lifetime experience, a great and wonderful combination of Nepal’s North Mid-Western Himalaya region within the famous Gorkha district. Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking is an adventure into a perfect wilderness in the harmony of pristine natural surrounding hidden between the massive peaks of Ganesh Himal known as Yangri and the towering Manaslu (Kutang) range of Mid West Himalayan mountains. Besides awesome dramatic views of landscapes and mountains, the age-old culture and ancient heritage of traditional life of the people of high Manaslu and Tsum Valley is totally captivating, where you can visit its lovely villages and monasteries of great interest in this fabulous Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking.
Adventure at first takes you to high beautiful areas of Tsum within the ‘Valley of Happiness’ as translated from the Tibetan language which means “Beyul Kyimolung” certainly a beautiful and hidden exotic Himalayan destination, sandwiched between massive Ganesh Himal (Yangri) and Manaslu (Kutang)Himalaya range of peaks. Starting with an exciting overland drive from Kathmandu past Dhading and Gorkha districts to reach a warmer valley in Arughat village, where our marvelous walks around Manaslu and Tsum Valley begin following the glacial Buri Gandaki River upstream. The walk leads from a low warm semi-tropical climate to reach at cooler alpine areas past nice and interesting villages of Machhakhola-Philim-Jagat and Lokpa to enter the valley of happiness at Tsum. At Tsum with interesting scenic walks visit its heritage villages of colorful culture which is similar to Tibetan with Buddhism religion and tour of old Mu Gompa and Rachen Gompa (monastery) of immense interest.
After an enjoyable time at high Tsum Valley, a walk leads back to join at Buri Gandaki River on the trail to high Manaslu Valley towards Larke-La pass, the highest spot of the adventure above 5,215 m and 17, 110 ft high with a sweeping panorama of snow clad high peaks. The walk follows through a beautiful alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-pines-oaks and fir tree lines past interesting villages of Namrung-Lho and towards Samagaon, where tree lines decline for short high alpine juniper and rhododendron (azalea) bushes on this arctic cold terrain. The culture and age-old traditional life around high Manaslu are similar to the people of Tsum of strong Tibetan influence, which is a mere distance to the border of Nepal and Tibet from Samdu and Samagaon, from here adventure leads towards more dry and arid landscapes at Larke Phedi (bottom).
The adventure leads to a scenic and steep climb to reach the top of Larke-La offering amazing scenery of surrounding hills and mountains, and soon our walk ends joining the trail at Manang areas to follow the Marsyangdi River downstream to lower warm areas. Concluding this mesmerizing and overwhelming adventure Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking with an exciting drive back to Kathmandu after a glorious and memorable journey around Nepal North Mid West Himalaya.
Why Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking?
The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking is a challenging yet satisfying journey that takes you through some of the most beautiful and inaccessible regions of Nepal. The walk begins in Arughat and continues through the Manaslu Conservation Area, passing through traditional Gurung communities, lush forests, and magnificent mountainous region vistas. The major highlight of this trek is crossing the Larke Pass, which provides stunning views of the surrounding mountains, including Manaslu, the world's eighth highest peak.
There are numerous reasons to think about trekking in the Manaslu Tsum Valley. Here are a few examples:
- Stunning Beauty: The Manaslu Tsum Valley has some of the most magnificent and eye-catching scenery in western Nepal. You will pass through lush forests, towering mountains, and high passes. The scenery is truly magnificent. You will capture some of the beautiful mountains on the trail such as Mount Manaslu (8,163 m) - The eighth-highest mountain in the world, Himlung Himal (7,165 m), Cheo Himal (7,008 m), Kangguru Himal (6,981 m), Annapurna II (8,091 m), Dhaulagiri I (8,167 m), Annapurna I (8,091 m), Ganesh Himal (7,429 m), Hiunchuli (6,812 m), Ngadi Chuli (7,879 m), Larkye Peak (6,930 m).
- Cultural Immersion: The Manaslu Tsum Valley has a distinct culture that combines Tibetan and Nepali customs. You might also get the opportunity to learn about the local monasteries, villages, and festivals and about the local culture.
- Off-the-Beaten-Path Adventure: The Manaslu Trekking route is considered a remote and off-the-beaten-path adventure. With fewer tea houses and limited services along the path, it provides a sense of wilderness and exploration. This caters to people looking for a more realistic and difficult trekking experience.
- Mount Manaslu: The main reason why Manaslu exists is the Manaslu Himal itself. The Manaslu is the world's eighth-highest peak. The trek provides you with incredible panoramas of the mountain and a sense of achievement.
Overall, the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking Route provides a distinct blend of natural beauty, cultural immersion, and adventure, making it an appealing option for all trekkers seeking a unique and off-the-beaten-path experience.
Special Permits required for Manaslu Tsum Valley trek
The Manaslu Tsum Valley Trip requires specific permits. The licenses are granted by the Nepalese government to regulate and manage tourism in restricted zones. The following permits are required for the trek:
- Manaslu Conservation Area Permit (MCAP)
- Tsum Valley Special Permit
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP)
- Manaslu Restricted Area Permit
What is the best season for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking?
Spring (March to May) and autumn (September to November) are the finest seasons for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking. Here are some reasons why these seasons are recommended:
- Spring (March to May): This is one of the ideal periods for the trek. The weather is often consistent, with clear skies, mild temperatures, and rhododendron woods blooming along the trail, bringing vibrant colors to the environment. The days are longer, allowing you more daylight for trekking, and the views of the snow-capped mountains are usually spectacular.
- Autumn (September to November): Another popular season for the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek is autumn. The weather remains dry and clear, making it excellent for trekking. The weather is mild and pleasant, and visibility is superb, providing stunning vistas of the neighboring peaks. The autumn season also corresponds with the region's harvest season, allowing an opportunity to observe traditional agricultural techniques.
However, significant rains during the Monsoon Season (June to August) make the walk treacherous and less enjoyable. Winter is cold, especially at higher elevations, and the Larke La Pass may be closed owing to heavy snowfall.
Climate and Weather of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking
Spring (March to May):
- Temperature: Temperatures in the lower sections range from mild to warm during the spring, with daytime temperatures averaging approximately 15-20°C (59-68°F). However, temperatures at higher elevations can still be frigid, especially in the early mornings and evenings.
- Precipitation: Spring is often a dry season with little precipitation. However, small rains or drizzles are possible, especially in April and May. It is a good idea to have rain gear on hand and to be prepared for unforeseen weather changes.
- Visibility: In the mornings and early afternoons, the skies are frequently clear, allowing for superb visibility of the surrounding mountains. Clouds may begin to form in the late afternoon, although visibility remains decent.
Summer/Monsoon Season (June to August):
- Temperature: Summer temperatures in the lower parts can range from 20-30°C (68-86°F). Temperatures are colder at higher altitudes, and evenings can be chilly.
- Precipitation: The monsoon season produces strong rains, especially between June and August. The trails can become muddy and treacherous, and leeches are more likely to be encountered. It is essential to be prepared with waterproof gear and to evaluate the influence on trekking conditions.
- Visibility: Cloudy skies, fog, and limited visibility are common during the monsoon season. Mountain vistas are frequently obstructed, and trekking can be difficult owing to rainy and slippery conditions.
Autumn (September to November):
- Temperature: Temperatures in the lower parts are comfortable in autumn, with daytime temperatures ranging approximately 15-20°C (59-68°F). Temperatures steadily drop as you go to higher altitudes, and it might get colder, especially at night.
- Precipitation: Autumn is a dry season with little rain, making for stable and clear weather conditions ideal for trekking. The trails are less muddy, and the trek is more pleasurable overall.
- Visibility: The sky is mostly clear, with superb visibility of the mountains. During this season, the views of the snow-capped peaks are breathtaking, making it a popular period for hiking in the Manaslu Region.
Winter (December to February):
- Temperature: Temperatures in the lower sections can be frigid during the winter, ranging from 5-10°C (41-50°F) during the day and plunging below freezing at night. It can be exceedingly chilly at higher altitudes, with temperatures considerably below freezing.
- Precipitation: The winter season is dry with little precipitation. Snowfall, on the other hand, is common, especially at higher elevations. Due to excessive snowfall, the Larke La Pass may be closed, so verify local conditions and be prepared for difficult trekking conditions.
- Visibility: Winter has a normally bright sky, and the mountain views are breathtaking. However, due to the chilly temperatures and snow-covered routes, suitable gear and preparation are required.
Altitude and Altitude Sickness of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking
The Manaslu Tsum Valley walk is a high-altitude walk, and you should be careful of the dangers of altitude sickness. Altitude sickness happens when the body does not receive enough oxygen at high altitudes. Altitude sickness symptoms include headache, nausea, vomiting, dizziness, and shortness of breath, altitude sickness can be dangerous, so if you feel any symptoms, you should immediately descend to a lower height.
There are several things you can do to avoid altitude sickness, including:
- Acclimatization: You should gradually ascend to greater elevations, giving your body time to acclimate to the decreased oxygen levels.
- Drinking Plenty of Fluids: Staying hydrated is essential, especially at high elevations.
- Avoiding Alcohol and Smoking: Both can aggravate the symptoms of altitude sickness.
If you experience any signs of altitude sickness, you should quickly descend to a lower altitude. Reduce your altitude till your symptoms improve. Seek medical assistance if your symptoms persist or worsen.
Here are some more precautions to take to avoid altitude sickness:
- Get in shape before leaving. The more fit you are, the better your body will adapt to the altitude.
- Allow yourself plenty of time. Don't be in a hurry. Give yourself plenty of time to adjust to the altitude.
- Pay attention to your body. Take a break if you are exhausted. Don't overwork yourself.
- Identify the symptoms of altitude sickness. If you notice any of these symptoms, immediately descend to a lower altitude.
- You may avoid altitude sickness and have a safe and pleasurable trip in Manaslu Tsum Valley by following these suggestions.
Travel Insurance for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking
Travel insurance is essential for any trip, but it is vital for Manaslu Tsum Valley trekking. The walk is at a high altitude, and there are several risks involved, including altitude sickness, injuries, and even death. Medical expenditures, evacuation, and other unexpected situations can all be covered by travel insurance.
There are several travel insurance firms that provide covers for trekking in Manaslu Tsum Valley. When selecting a policy, it is important to analyze the various possibilities and ensure that you are covered for all potential hazards. Consider the following factors while selecting a policy:
- The cost of the policy.
- The level of coverage.
- The deductible.
- The exclusions of the policy.
- The policy claiming process.
It is also a good idea to read the policy carefully before you purchase it to make sure that you understand what is covered and what is not.
Some of the advantages of obtaining travel insurance for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking are as follows:
- Medical Expenses: Medical expenses such as doctor's appointments, hospital stays, and prescription medications can be covered by travel insurance.
- Evacuation: If you become ill or injured and need to be taken to a hospital or medical facility, travel insurance can help cover the expense of evacuation.
- Vacation Cancellation or Interruption: Travel insurance can assist pay the expense of your vacation if you have to cancel or interrupt it due to illness, injury, or other unforeseeable circumstances.
- Baggage Loss or Damage: Travel insurance can assist pay for lost or damaged luggage.
- Personal Liability: If you are sued for personal injury or property damage while traveling, travel insurance can assist cover the expense of legal fees and damages.
You can help protect yourself from the financial hazards involved with trekking in Manaslu Tsum Valley by getting travel insurance.
Washing, Toilets and Accommodation of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking
- Washing Facilities: There are minimal washing facilities in most trekking lodges or tea houses along the trail. These usually have community bathrooms with running water, sinks, and bathing buckets. The availability and cleanliness of these facilities, however, can vary. Hot water for bathing may be accessible, however, it is frequently limited and may be expensive.
- Toilets: The toilets of the trek are rudimentary, and there are frequently huge lineups. Most teahouses feature squat toilets, and for an additional cost, some may have Western-style toilets. It is also a good idea to pack toilet paper.
- Accommodation: The trek offers a variety of lodging alternatives, ranging from modest teahouses to guesthouses and hotels. The most prevalent alternative is teahouses, which provide basic accommodations with shared toilets. Private rooms with attached bathrooms are more expensive in guesthouses and lodges. It is crucial to reserve your accommodations ahead of time, especially during peak season (March-May and September-November).
Here are some extra suggestions for washing, restrooms, and lodging on the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek:
- Bring along a little towel and soap.
- Sometimes queues at the restrooms.
- Bring some toilet paper.
- Book your accommodations ahead of time, especially during the high season.
Why choose Trekking Planner Nepal for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking?
Trekking Planner Nepal is a legally registered trekking agency operated by well-experienced and well-trained personnel for the past two decades. Here are some reasons why you should choose Trekking Planner Nepal for your Manaslu Tsum Valley trek:
- Experience: Trekking Planner Nepal has been planning treks in Nepal for more than 20 years. We have a staff of professional guides and porters that can assist you in planning and carrying out your trek in a safe and simple manner.
- Expertise: Trekking Planner Nepal has extensive knowledge of the Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek. We can advise you on the best route based on your fitness level and interests.
- Flexibility: Trekking Planner Nepal is flexible and can tailor a trek to your individual requirements. We can organize private transportation, lodging, and food.
- Value: Trekking Planner Nepal provides exceptional value for money. Our costs are reasonable, and they provide a number of discounts and bundles.
- Trekking Planner Nepal is the ideal option for you if you want a safe, pleasurable, and inexpensive trek.
Here are some extra advantages to using Trekking Planner Nepal:
- Peace of mind: Trekking Planner Nepal handles all of the logistics of your trek, allowing you to rest and enjoy the experience.
- Trekking Planner Nepal is always accessible to answer any inquiries or address any concerns you may have.
- Trekking Planner Nepal is a family-owned and run company. They treat their customers like friends and are always eager to assist you in having a pleasant experience.
Optional Activates in Kathmandu Before or After 25 Days Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking
We do have the best alternatives to choose from during your spare time within the scheduled time frame. It provides you with one of the best opportunities for you to unite with nature, your traditional way of life, and age-old culture. Besides getting an insight into the Himalayan dwellers you can indulge in various activities. You get to visit; an old age home, ethnic cooking classes, attend a yoga session, be at the orphanage or a community school. An exciting option to get a different perspective and a refreshing experience while trekking in Nepal.
Best Season for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking
The best seasons for this wonderful adventure from mid-spring and autumn times. From April to May and September to the first week of November months. April and May lively seasons, days are clear for views and walks but can get colder by late afternoon till night and morning times. The next best season is September to early November, days are bright with crystal clear blue sky. However, colder mornings and nighttime can expect snow sometimes during the walk to Tsum and around Manaslu Valleys.
Local Culture and Religions-Manaslu Tsum Valley area
From Machha-Khola to Jagat village of mixed tribes of hill people a blend of both Hindu and Buddhism religions as well with fascinating cultures. As trek leads higher from Deng onwards entering into Buddhism Religion and colorful culture, similar to its Tibetan predecessor, as the native of Tsum and Manaslu valley descended from across the border from Tibet. Where the walk takes you around religious stone walls and spinning wheels and visiting impressive monasteries.
- Trip departures are available every day of the year.
- This trip is fully customizable. We can customize the trip per your need, please contact us.
- This trip is available on both Fixed Departure and Private Group Basis.
- This trip can be booked privately if you’re traveling solo or with your family.
- Have a big group? We can accommodate all of your needs.
- We can help you make it fit your budget.
- We accept instant bookings and online payments.