Trip Introduction : 11 Days Bumthang Trekking.
Bumthang Valley Trek is one of the most gorgeous trek in Bhutan, and the trek is ideal for nature lovers, cultural enthusiasts, and adventure seekers. The trek takes you through breath-taking landscapes, pristine forests, and gorgeous valleys, as well as allows you to explore old temples, monasteries, and forts. The trek also offers you to learn about rich cultural legacy of Bhutan.
The trek starts in Paro, where you will spend a day scouting the town as well as adjusting to the altitude. The next day you will next travel to Thimphu, the capital city of Bhutan and the iconic sites of the country such as Tashichho Dzong, the National Memorial Chorten, and the Buddha Dordenma statue.
You will travel from Thimphu to Trongsa, where you'll see the Trongsa Dzong, a spectacular stronghold built in the 17th century. After that, you'll drive to Bumthang, Bhutan's cultural center. Among other things, you'll see the Jakar Dzong and the Jambay Lhakhang temple.
You will also pass through some of most stunning landscapes of Bhutan. Yo will trek through high mountain passes, deep woods, and lush valleys, with chances to see species including yaks, musk deer, and blue sheep.
One of the specialty of this trip is to visit to the Ngang Lhakhang temple, which is located in a secluded valley and is only accessible by foot. The legendary Tibetan saint, Guru Rinpoche, is said to have erected this 16th-century temple, which is surrounded by gorgeous surroundings.
As you continue your journey, you will see more cultural and natural wonders such the Ugyen Choling Palace, Phokpey Hamlet, and so on. You will also get the opportunity to connect with local folks and learn about their culture and way of life.
The trek concludes at Paro, where you may see the Rinpung Dzong and the Kyichu Lhakhang temple, among other things. Overall, the 11 Days Bumthang Trekking is an engaging and fascinating trip that will allow you to discover and remember natural and cultural riches of Bhutan.
Why 11 Days Bumthang Trekking?
11 Days Bumthang Trekking is an appropriate amount of time to fully appreciate the natural beauty, cultural history, and physical challenges of this famous trip in Bhutan. Here are some of the reasons why 11 days is an ideal length for this trek:
- Distance: The Bumthang Valley Trek is around 120 kilometers long and covers a great terrain. The 11 Days schedule provides for a relaxed pace that allows trekkers to thoroughly experience the natural beauty and cultural highlights along the way.
- Altitude: The trek reaches high altitudes, with some sections reaching up to 4,000 meters. 11 Days itinerary includes adequate time for acclimatization to these high altitudes, reducing the risk of altitude sickness and ensuring a safe and enjoyable trekking experience. Trekking Planner Nepal facilitates you with the proper itinerary with enough time to acclimatize your body.
- Cultural Attractions: Bhutan has a rich cultural heritage, and the Bumthang Valley is one of cultural centers of Bhutan. The trek includes excursions to various historic temples, monasteries, and forts, giving you plenty of chances to learn about distinctive culture and history of Bhutan.
- Natural Scenery: The Bumthang Valley is known for its breath-taking natural splendor, which includes snow-capped peaks, lush forests, and scenic valleys. 11 Days program allows enough of time to explore these stunning landscapes and relax in the quiet peacefulness of the mountains.
- Physically Challenge: Bumthang Valley Trek is a relatively difficult trek still the demanding trek with several steep ascents and descents. The journey provides you a relaxed pace that accommodates you with varying levels of physical fitness and assures that everyone you can finish the trip safely and effectively.
Overall, the Bumthang Trekking provides an in-depth and immersive experience of natural and cultural riches of Bhutan, while also providing for a comfortable and safe pace that assures a successful and fun trekking expedition.
Is 11 Days Bumthang trekking right for you?
11 Days Bumthang Trek is a challenging yet demanding trip through rural parts of Bhutan, with elevations ranging from 2,800 to 5,000 meters. Trekking Planner Nepal advice normally advise you to check your ability and physical health for the trek. If you are beginner or do not have any hiking experience you are better suggested to attend small hike to prepare yourself mentally.
We also suggest you to make concern in the issue of heart or lung difficulties, high blood pressure, or any other medical condition that may be exacerbated by high altitude. You are suggested to see your doctor regarding your health issues doctor before going on this journey.
Moreover, it is important to become psychologically prepared for the physical and emotional obstacles that may arise during the hike in remote areas. The journey involves many days of trekking, frequently across tough terrain and in different weather conditions, so having a positive outlook and drive to accomplish the trek is essential.
11 Days Bumthang Trekking is a one of the challenging journey that takes both physical and mental preparation. If you are an experienced trekker, the trek is more suitable for you.
How should you prepare for 11 Days Bumthang trekking?
For the preparation of any kind of trek your physical fitness, mental fortitude, and the proper equipment is top list requirement. Same thing goes in case of Bumthang Trekking. Here are some preparation Trekking Planner Nepal advice you for the trek:
- Improve your physical fitness: As trekking at high altitude involves physical stamina, it is very important to prepare your body. In order to improve your endurance, strength, and stamina, implement regular cardio and strength training workouts into your regular routine.
- Acclimatize: The journey will take you through high altitude locations, it is important that you allow your body time to acclimate to the altitude. Trekking Planner Nepal helps you with the detailed itinerary as per your plan including enough time for acclimatization.
- Carry proper gear: You need to ensure that you have strong hiking boots, warm and comfortable clothing, waterproof outerwear, a backpack, a hat, gloves, and a sleeping bag for the walk. If you do not want to carry heavy luggage during the flight or if you lack those equipment. We help you with the required equipment and gears. We also assist you with the required packing list.
- Mental preparation: Before embarking any trek, you need to be mentally prepared and keep yourself positive. As the trek can be mentally challenging due to the rugged terrain, high altitude, and varying weather conditions. We suggest you to prepare yourself mentally by visualizing the trek and setting realistic expectations. Focus on maintaining a positive attitude and remind yourself of the rewards of completing the trek.
- Get hydrated: You must maintain the water level in your body. Staying hydrated is important to avoid altitude sickness. Trekking Planner Nepal Team always allows the guest to drink lots of water and avoid alcohol, meat products and caffeine.
- Research and plan: Before embarking any trek you must do some research about the trek and the local customs and culture. This helps you to know about the place, and plan itinerary accordingly.
By following these tips and preparing well, you can increase your chances of successfully completing the Bumthang Trekking and enjoying a memorable adventure in Bhutan.
What is the best season for Bumthang Trekking?
The finest season to go on the 11 Days Bumthang Trek in Bhutan include late September to mid-November and March to May. The weather is often dry throughout these months, with bright sky and temperate temperatures, making it excellent for trekking.
From September to November, the weather is typically consistent and dry, with bright sky and crisp air. Temperatures are moderate during the day and chilly at night, with snowfall in high altitude places on occasion.
The weather is often warm and sunny from March through May, with brilliant rhododendron blooming in the woodlands. The temperatures are mild during the day and chilly at night, making it a pleasant season to trek.
It is important to keep in mind that weather conditions in Bhutan may be unpredictable, so you are suggested to check the weather forecast before going on the journey and be prepared for variations in weather conditions.
Generally, the ideal time to visit Bumthang is between the autumn and spring months, when the weather is often dry and pleasant and the sceneries are at their most magnificent.
Climate and Weather.
The climate and weather of the 11 Days Bumthang Trekking in Bhutan can vary depending on the season and altitude. The route takes you through a variety of scenery, ranging from lush lowlands to high altitude mountain passes, each with its unique temperature and weather circumstances.
Throughout the autumn months of late September to mid-November, the weather is generally chilly and dry, with bright sky and occasional snowfall in high altitude places. Temperatures during the day range from 10 to 20 degrees Celsius, but temperatures at night can drop below freezing.
The weather is normally warm and sunny during the spring months of March to May, with occasional rain showers in lower altitude places. During the day, temperatures vary from 15 to 25 degrees Celsius, but at night, temperatures might dip to approximately 5 degrees Celsius.
It is important to note that weather conditions in Bhutan may be unpredictable and change fast, therefore it is always good to be prepared for a variety of weather circumstances. Before going on the journey, it is advised to carry warm and waterproof gear, as well as sun protection, and to check the weather forecast on a frequent basis.
Generally, the climate and weather of the Bumthang Trekking might vary, but it is best to plan for chilly temperatures, occasional snowfall, and rain showers.
Local Culture and Tradition.
Bumthang Trek is a popular trekking trail in Bhutan that takes you through the beautiful valleys of Bumthang, a district in central Bhutan. Bumthang is known for its rich cultural and religious heritage, and trekking in this region will give you a glimpse into the local culture and traditions.
Trekking Planner Nepal shares you some of the local cultural and traditional aspects that you may encounter during the Bumthang trek are:
- Buddhism: Bhutan is a Buddhist country, and the Bumthang area is home to some of the oldest and most prominent Buddhist temples and monasteries of the country. Along the way, you'll see chortens (stupas) and mani walls (stone walls engraved with Buddhist mantras).
- Festivals: The brilliant and colorful festivals of Bumthang are an integral component of Bhutanese culture. If you are hiking during the festival season, you may be able to observe and participate in some of these celebrations.
- Traditional Architecture: Traditional Bhutanese architecture is distinct and may be observed in the form of dzongs (fortresses), lhakhangs (temples), and traditional dwellings. Many similar structures will be encountered during your journey.
- Food and Beverages: The native food in Bumthang is unique and wonderful, with popular dishes including ema datshi (chili and cheese), phaksha paa (pork cooked with chilies), and momos (dumplings). Ara, the indigenous beer, is also a must-try.
- Traditional arts and crafts: Bhutan is well-known for its traditional arts and crafts, including as weaving, painting, and woodcarving. You may come across some of these on your walk, and you can also learn more about these ancient talents by visiting local workshops.
Overall, the Bumthang Trek provides an excellent opportunity to learn about Bhutan's rich cultural and traditional legacy as well as the local way of life.
We suggest you to get travel insurance if you intend to embark on the Bumthang Trek in Bhutan to protect yourself against unforeseen occurrences and emergencies that may arise during your trip.
When selecting a travel insurance coverage for your journey, ensure that it includes the following:
- Medical expenses: In case you get sick or injured while trekking, your insurance coverage should cover your medical expenses, including emergency medical evacuation.
- Trip interruption or cancellation: If you need to cancel or shorten your vacation due to unforeseen events such as illness, accident, or natural catastrophes, your insurance coverage should cover the costs.
- Emergency evacuation: If you need to be evacuated from the trekking trail due to an emergency, your insurance should cover the costs of transportation and medical care.
- Luggage or personal items lost or stolen: If your baggage or personal things are lost or stolen while on the journey, your insurance coverage should cover the price of replacement.
- Coverage for adventure activities: Since a Bumthang trek is a difficult adventure activity, check sure your insurance policy covers such activities.
When buying travel insurance, be sure you carefully read the policy documentation and understand the coverage and exclusions. It is also advised that you evaluate several insurance policies and select the one that best meets your demands and budget.
Washing, Toilet and Accommodation.
The Bumthang Trek in Bhutan typically entails camping, washing and bathroom facilities might be basic. Trekking Planner Nepal provides some of the information of what you may expect:
During the trek, you may expect to wash up using a basin of hot water or a small stream along the journey. To avoid damaging the water sources, you are advised to carry biodegradable soap and shampoo. Additionally, because higher altitudes may get quite cold, you may need to limit the number of times you wash.
Toilet facilities on the Bumthang Trek can be basic, with squat toilets or a pit toilet. We suggest you to carry toilet papers or tissues and hand sanitizers as they may not be available at all camp sites. You are strongly to follow the Leave No Trace principles. Use biodegradable soap and pack all the litters and bring back rather leaving in the place.
As we previously stated, the Bumthang Trek includes sleeping in tents. You need your sleeping bags, but if you lack those stuffs we normally supply tents and other camping equipment. The campgrounds are frequently placed in picturesque areas, and you can expect to see some breathtaking scenery. Our support team usually sets up the campsites, so you won't have to bother about the logistics of camping.
In terms of food, we provide you package including food in lodges and in tents our kitchen crew will prepare the food. Meals are usually simple yet healthy and satisfying. You can also expect a combination of Bhutanese and Western-style cuisine, including rice, noodles, veggies, and meat.
Overall, while the washing, toilet, and accommodation facilities on the Bumthang Trek may be basic, they are sufficient for the duration of the trek. It's essential to bring the necessary items and follow good hygiene practices to ensure a comfortable and healthy trekking experience.
Why Trekking Planner Nepal for 11 Days Bumthang Trekking?
Trekking Planner Nepal is a well established and reputable trekking company in Nepal that can provide you with a safe and memorable Bumthang Trekking experience. Here are some reasons why you should choose Trekking Planner Nepal for this trek:
- Experience: We have years of experience in organizing and guiding treks in Nepal, Bhutan, and other Himalayan Regions. We have a team of experienced and knowledgeable trekking guides who can ensure your safety and well-being during the trek.
- Local knowledge: Trekking Planner Nepal has extensive local knowledge of the Bumthang Region, including the trails, accommodation, and local culture. We can provide you with valuable insights into the local way of life and help you make the most of your trek.
- Professionalism: Trekking Planner Nepal is a professional and reliable trekking company that prioritizes safety, comfort, and customer satisfaction. We have a track record of providing high-quality services to our clients and ensuring a hassle-free trekking experience.
- Tailored Services: Trekking Planner Nepal can tailor our services to meet your specific needs and preferences. We can customize your itinerary, accommodation, and transportation based on your budget, schedule, and interests.
- Social and environmental responsibility: Trekking Planner Nepal is committed to responsible and sustainable tourism practices. We work with local communities and employ local guides and porters to promote local livelihoods. We also follow eco-friendly practices and promote Leave No Trace principles to minimize the environmental impact of tourism.
Overall, Trekking Planner Nepal can provide you with a safe, enjoyable, and culturally immersive Bumthang Trekking experience. With our experience, local knowledge, professionalism, and social responsibility, we are a reliable choice for your trekking adventure in Bhutan.