Join Balthali Village Trek to experience the lushness of rural settlement and its allure of well-preserved lifestyle, culture and traditions untouched by the modernity despite being close to the Kathmandu city. Perched at the junction of Rosi and Ladku River, Balthali village and the trail leading to a paradise for novice and experienced trekkers, for bird watchers, nature lovers, and explorers. Get ready for experiencing pure village atmosphere, colorful Rhododendron, Sal and Magnolia forests, and several sacred religious destinations. Exploit the quaint and off beaten trail to be welcomed by ethnic tribes and surrounded by huge bodied Mahabharata range, peaks ranging from Everest to Manaslu and beautiful sunrise from the south, north and east directions respectively. A typical region which is warm in the winter and cool in the summer waits for you in this Balthali Village Trek.
Balthali Village Trek commences with the city tour of Kathmandu where you shall be exploring the world-renowned heritages such as the Buddhist stupas of Swayambhunath or the Monkey Temple and Baudhanath representing the Buddhist faith and teachings. Pashupatinath Temple, the sacred religious destination for Hindus and the Durbar Square are other destinations worth visiting. We shall then move to our trailhead of Changunarayan, another ancient temple and probably the oldest in Nepal, to begin our trekking. Through the lush and undulating settlements and landscapes, we shall reach to the hill station of Nagarkot. Witness the majestic Himalayas and the truly outstanding sunrise and sunset from Nagarkot before moving on to another old settlement of Dhulikhel. Next destination from here is Namo Buddha, a religious and scenic destination where Lord Buddha is believed to be born before his birth as Sakyamuni Buddha in Lumbini. The surrounding areas are more than just beautiful.
After then, we trek to Balthali, our hidden gem of this adventure as the most awaited destination before trekking on to Panauti as the final destination. Panauti is famous for having the ancient lifestyle and heritages preserved intact even at present time. We shall then drive back to Kathmandu wrapping up the beautiful journey.
Explore the hidden destinations nearest from Kathmandu through the Balthali Village Trek. In this easy trekking trail, you shall discover the historical and cultural heritage. Preferred from March to May and from September to December, trekkers need to have an average level of fitness and ability to walk for about 5 hours a day in remote terrains. Join us for more entertaining, insightful and enriching experience in this trekking destination.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02: Exploring (City tours) and Trek preparation in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Changunarayan Temple and Trek to Nagarkot
- Day 04: Drive from Nagarkot to Dhulikhel and Trek to Namo Buddha
- Day 05: Trek from Namo Buddha to Balthali
- Day 06: Explore the day at Balthali
- Day 07: Trek from Balthali to Panauti and Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 08: Final Departure
- All airport pick drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle (entrance fees extra)
- Kathmandu to Changunarayan and Panauti to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Shivapuri National Park Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation, and equipment
- Best Available twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- First add kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Guest Personal expenses like ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Difficulties rating of Balthali Village Trek
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 5-6 hours per day carrying a light weight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shaky so we recommend to use walking poles to feel safer. Normally, 2500m is the highest point of the trek, its normal and no need to feel altitude related risk.
Safe drinking water on Balthali Village Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in some places but in some places we cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Balthali Village Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, iPhone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Balthali Village Trek
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute balloons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has felt same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekker.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left anything anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang any things outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Balthali Village Trek
Trekking in Nepal is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Balthali Village Trek
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water. Toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.