Bhote Koshi River Rafting for two days allows you to soak into full of thrills and frills, as paddle through exciting world-class enjoyable white-water rapids and bouncy roller coaster waves.
Bhote Koshi, one of the main tributaries of the mighty and famous Sun Koshi River for rafting expedition, the river runs from the glaciers of high Central Himalayan peaks located close between the border of Tibet / China and Nepal.
This raging fast-running river is regarded as one of the best for white-water floats as it flows all the way downstream to join with the main big river of Sun Koshi, near to our finishing point of rafting adventure at Dolalghat town.
There are several options that one can enjoy rafting on Bhote Koshi River, from right above near the frontier of Nepal and Tibet, or from lower downstream and then camp on a nice lovely sandy beach for overnight halt.
Bhote Koshi River is considered as a wild and rough rivers for adrenaline excitement in the world of water sports and rafting or kayaking, due to the nature of the river we also have backup with a kayak to guide the raft through rapids with drops and holes as safety measures.
This is a pure adventure full of paddle action on this exciting rafting trip, where you will encounter grade III to IV rapids and big waves to enjoy the thrills for two days rafting on the wild Bhote Koshi River.
The real fun and adventure on Bhote Koshi River rafting is camping on a nice sandy beach, with time to explore near local villages to witness traditional activities of farm life along with various cultures.
Bhote Koshi, one of the closest rafting rivers from the capital Kathmandu where drive takes you on Kathmandu and Lhasa / Tibet Friendship Highway, past the scenic old town of Dhulikhel, where you can overlook fantastic views of Himalayan mountain range.
After concluding the rafting adventure full of exciting thrills and frills head back to Kathmandu on the same scenic route, after fascinating wet moments and great experience on Bhote Koshi River Rafting.
- An adventure full of thrills and frills paddling through exciting waves and rapids
- Exciting moments and scenic adrenaline float downstream on fresh glacial rivers.
- The river also called Upper Sun Koshi with world-class white-water adventure
- Bhote Koshi fed from the glaciers of high mountains of Nepal / Tibet Himalayas
- Day 01: Drive to Barabise and start rafting to camp at Baseri Camp 3-4 hrs
- Day 02: Raft to near Dolalghat 3-4 hours and drive to Kathmandu
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding local Rafting Guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, transport and insurance.
- All transfer by Tourist bus /public bus
- 01 night/ 02 days rafting on full board include Breakfast, Lunch and dinner with tea/coffee
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- River sandals
- Shorts or a swimming costumes
- A baseball style cap, good sunglass and quality sunscreen
Shells & insulators :
- Windproof & water proof outerwear, jacket & pants (gortex or nylon) Fleece jacket/sweater (wool or synthetic only for the winter season)
- Long sleeve t-shirt / turtlenecks (synthetic)
- Short sleeve t-shirts
- Several pairs of thick socks (wool or synthetic), with thin liners (synthetic)
- Light weight long underwear, top & bottom (polypropylene or "capilene")
- Wide brim hat (straw type beach hat or synthetic outdoors) to sunburn
protection on face, ears, & neck , Underwear, etc
- 1-pair new - condition lightweight walking / running shoes, with textured soles.
- Quality sleeping bag & sleeping pad. For those who don't have they can rent it easily in Kathmandu or Pokhara
- Light weight clothing as pants, shorts, cotton underwear, t-shirts, swim wear
- Light weight long sleeved shirt or t-shirt and a fleece style jacket
- Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Flashlight with spare batteries & bulbs
- A couple handkerchiefs
- Pocket knife
- Stuff sacks
- Biodegradable soap
- Hand towel
- Feminine hygiene items, including plastic bags to pack out dirty items
- Lighter / matches (for toilet paper and candles)
- Spare eyeglass or contact lenses (Due to the ease of getting eye infections, care should be taken in using contacts. Disposable contacts lenses replaced frequently can lessen the risk of eye inflections
- Hard shell water bottle; one 2-liter or two 1-liter bottles ("Nalgene" or Manmade Metal) that will not melt while adding hot boiled water
- Emergency contact information ; Personal medical kit.
Bhote Koshi Rafting, provided with standard Itinerary days where days can be shorter or longer as per water volume on the river as per the season-wise, some designated overnight camps can differ or change, due to the current of a river according to different season and other condition, etc…….
We will follow the itinerary if it needs to be changed in case of weather, and difficulties going over rapids, might require more days especially in late autumn and winter times, where our leader and lead river guides decide holding full authority for Trekking Planner.
Climate & Weather:
Himalayan climate can be unpredictable sometimes even in good best seasons, where April and May to the first week of June will be the best time during spring times, when days are longer with enough sunlight hours.
Morning and night time as well in shade can be cold, other months from September and October great times for rafting, most days are clear for views of mountains and beautiful landscape scenery.
Although much colder months of autumn season with extreme cold during morning and night time, where sunlight much shorter.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain entry visas from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get a visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya where all travelers and adventurers require to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with the Trekking Planner for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu.
Accommodations & Food:
On this Rafting trip, staying on the best available local lodge where available but with tented camping. Serving from famous Nepalese Dal-Bhat to Continental with some Chinese, Tibetans and Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic, and freshly served on the soft sandy beach camp with a warm environment.
On camping, safe drinking water boiled and filtered for drinking.
Where all travelers require sound good health to join on all our rafting trips around Nepal Himalaya with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain diseases.
Where all travelers to Nepal Himalaya require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue, or other means of fast transport to reach safe places and nearest hospitals.
For Bhote Koshi Rafting, where age groups matter from 18 to 60 years old can join in, this involves if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
Getting Into Nepal:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
At present nearly all villages and towns do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergencies.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with a small charge as per your time in Nepal.
On paying the full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on route rafting like having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal, where the country with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with their own special interesting culture and custom.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments, and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by the helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Extra benefits like tips, is highly expected by crew members of rafting as traditions since tourism came in Himalayan countries.