Bhutan Dragon Tour an exciting country to visit, a small country tucked in between India (west / east) and Tibet / China towards north, with small parts of Bangladesh towards South East.
Bhutan Dragon Tour takes you to one and only kingdom around whole Himalaya region, where the country been ruled by royal monarch since hundreds of centuries to this day.
An amazing country located on the laps of Far Eastern Himalaya with unique and fascinating cultures to observe in the land of Thundering Dragon where Bhutan Dragon Tour begins and ends after enjoying fabulous journey within its beautiful country from farm land to semi-modern city of Thimphu capital of Bhutan with impressive places for visit.
Our wonderful Bhutan Dragon Tour leads you around best and exciting places that this Himalaya kingdom has to offer, covering much of the country best scenic and cultural sites within eight to nine days.
Tour of moderate grade starts with sweeping scenic flight on national carrier ‘Druk Airlines’ with excellent panorama of high Himalaya mountains range brings you at Paro Bhutan’s only international airport.
Where our native Bhutanese guide will receives you to show you the wonders and best areas of Bhutan with enjoyable and pleasant time in Bhutan, begins with tour of Thimphu and its interesting places.
Enjoy time in Thimphu visiting country’s memorial stupas, indigenous hospital, where traditional medicine is still practiced, tour of Bhutan’s traditional painting school.
From Thimphu tour continues with drive to Gangtey to observe rare and endangered black neck crane (depends upon right time of the seasons) within its green scenic valley surrounded by beautiful coniferous woodland.
Bhutan Dragon Tour extends towards Punakha with interesting visit of Chimi Lhakhang an important temple of fertility associated with religious art of phallus and then another marvelous tour of Paro at places of great interest.
At Paro tour takes you to number of interesting sites including the famous landmark of Bhutan the Taksing Monastery famously known as The Tiger’s Nest perched on a high hill within an overhanging cave.
The top of Taksing Monastery hill offers spectacular panorama of Bhutan beautiful landscapes with rolling green hills dotted with farm villages includes high snow-capped mountains views in the far north.
After tour of all impressive sites that the country has to offer on this short over a week tour where our fabulous and marvelous journey concludes with grand glorious and memorable time on Bhutan Dragon Tour.
- Visit Bhutan one and only kingdom around whole Himalaya of amazing culture
- Explore country’s best scenic and historical places at places of great wonders
- Tour of Gangtey where rare and endangered black necked cranes are spotted
- Enjoy drive to Punakha and religious and historical importance Chimi Lhakhang
- Hike to high hills at Bhutan’s famous landmark Taksing Monastery ‘Tigers Nest
- Day 01: Reach at Paro airport and drive to Thimphu (L, D)
- Day 02: Tour of Thimphu Folk Culture and Historical sites (B, L, D)
- Day 03: Drive to Gangtey and observe Black Necked Cranes (B, L, D)
- Day 04: Drive to Punakha and Visit Chimi Lhakhang (B, L, D)
- Day 05: Leisure Hike and Sightseeing in Punakha (B, L, D)
- Day 06: Drive to Paro and visit historical Dzong and Museum Tour (B, L, D)
- Day 07: Hike on to high hill at Taksang Monastery ‘Tigers Nest’ (B, L, D)
- Day 08: Excursion to Chele La Pass and Kila Gompa (B, L, D)
- Day 09: Final Departure, Best Wishes and Hope to See You Again (B)
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- All Meals [Breakfast /Lunch/Dinner] with tea and coffee
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in 3 star hotel
- Guided sightseeing tours private vehicle and all necessary entrance fees
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- Bhutan Entry visa fees
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- All the International air fare to and from Paro, Bhutan (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Single room supplementary
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, phone calls, bar and beverage bill, water, etc)
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
Best Seasons for Bhutan Dragon Tour:
Bhutan Dragon Tour best time from March to May with September to early November months, March to May during spring with longer sunlight hours where most days are clear from morning till late afternoon, can get cloudy sometimes with chance of snows around higher elevation cold in the morning and night time.
September to November during autumn / fall days are crystal clear from morning till mid-afternoon, but days are shorter with sunlight hours, much cold with freezing temperatures in the morning and night as well in shades.
Bhutan Dragon Tour provided with standard Itinerary days where some day tour can be shorter or longer, designated overnight stops provides you with all meals while on tour in Bhutan.
We will follow the itinerary if its need to be changes in case of bad weather and local political and government rules, our leader and guides decides holding full authority for Trekking Planner Inc, USA.
Climate & Weather:
Himalayan climate can be unpredictable sometimes even in good best seasons, where April and May the best time during spring times, when days are longer with enough sunlight hours.
Morning and night time as well in shade can be cold and much freezing temperatures around high hills.
Other best months during September to November great times for tour when most days are clear for views, although much colder months of autumn season with extreme cold during morning and night time, where sunlight is much shorter.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain entry visa from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For Bhutan Entry Visa one needs to send us Passport details at least two weeks ahead before tour departure for Bhutan, while you are in Kathmandu we might require your original passport to obtain necessary visa and permits.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya and in Bhutan where all travelers and adventurer requires to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with Trekking Planner, Inc-USA for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu and in Bhutan.
Accommodations & Food:
On tour staying on best available hotels and guest houses, provided with good meals as per the hotel and local restaurants with fixed meals menu serves from famous Bhutanese, Nepalese Dal-Bhat to Continental, Chinese or Tibetans including Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic and fresh served in a large dining hall with warm environment.
On all hotels and restaurants provides safe drinking water boiled and filtered for drinking.
For Bhutan Dragon Tour all travelers require sound good health to join on all our tour with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain disease.
Where all travelers to Nepal and to Bhutan require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue to safe places and nearest hospitals.
On this Bhutan Dragon Tour all age group can join from children to 60 years old people and this involves if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
Getting Into Nepal and Bhutan:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
As for Bhutan where visa should be obtained along with flight tickets for Bhutan from respective airlines and embassy, where your local agents will do all necessary paper-works to enter into Bhutan, where group and individual visa is issued.
At present nearly all town and cities in Nepal as well in Bhutan do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergency situations.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with small charge as per your time in Nepal.
On paying full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your own individual expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on tour having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal and Bhutan, where Nepal with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with special interesting culture and custom.
Bhutan mostly dominated by Tibetan Buddhism of Mahayana sect with few minor Hindu religion.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal and in Bhutan, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Tipping is highly expected by hotel / restaurant staff and by tour and hiking guides since tourism was introduced in Nepal, Bhutan and around Himalayan countries.