The lovely Bumthang valley is the religious heartland of the nation and home to some of its oldest Buddhist temples and monasteries. This three day trek passes through several villages on its meandering route through Bumthang countryside, and provides an exceptional opportunity for contact with
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Arrive Paro
- Day 04: Full day of sightseeing in Paro
- Day 05: Paro - Thimphu
- Day 06: Thimphu - Trongsa
- Day 07: Trongsa - Bumthang
- Day 08: Bumthang - Ngang Lhakhang /14km, 6 hours
- Day 09: Ngang Lhakhang - Ugyenchholing
- Day 10: Ugyenchholing - Bumthang / 11km, 4 hours
- Day 11: Bumthang - Punakha
- Day 12: Punakha - Paro
- Day 13: Paro Depart
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle in Nepal and Bhutan
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu.
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Paro flight
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- All the sightseeing tours and trekking in Bhutan with guide, necessary entrance fees and private vehicle.
- 03 star category deluxe accommodation in the tours and tented camp in trekking during your stay in Bhutan.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-Shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu and Bhutan onward (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Equipment for this trip
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
With the exception of travelers from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa. Visas are only issued when a confirmed booking through a Bhutanese or International tour operator has been made. All visa application must reach Bhutan at least 10 days prior to the intended arrival date. Bhutanese Embassies and missions abroad do not issue visa for entry to Bhutan. Upon entry to Bhutan, the visa is stamped into the passport.
Tours in Bhutan is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the mountains.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can't sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
Bhutan’s currency is the Ngultrum that is at par with the Indian rupee. It is however recommended that you carry traveler’s check or cash, preferably American Express and US dollar instead.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.