Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking, the combination of cultural richness and natural extravaganza, takes you to a short yet rich and entertaining exploration of the surrounding areas to Kathmandu. Also known as the Kathmandu Valley Rim Trek, this trek is amongst the easy, popular and short trekking with the elevation ranging from 1000m to 2800m. Experience enchanting sunrise and sunsets from Chisapani and Nagarkot, explore the natural richness and diversity of Shivapuri National Park, get insight into the diverse culture of different communities and observe the architectural excellence at the Changunarayan Temple and in Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Patan. Join this short trek which is near to the capital city of Kathmandu.
Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking, which offers a richness of culture, tradition and natural diversity, starts from the small settlement of Sundarijal, located at the north-east of Kathmandu and famous for the quaint environment, natural beauty, home to hydropower plant and a popular picnic spot for locals. Through the stone stairs, trekkers then head up into the Shivapuri National Park and trek through dense forest with rhododendron and varieties of other flora, watershed and waterfalls, river dams and river banks, occasional small settlements we reach to the beautiful Chisapani village. The village with inhabitation of Gurung, Brahmin and Sherpa community, Chisapani has mind-blowing sunset and sunrise over the panoramic Himalayas (from Dhaulagiri in the West to Mount Everest and Kanchenjunga in the Far East) overlooking the beautiful valleys and high hills.
The trail of Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking from Chisapani to Nagarkot is gradual and easy through small settlements, tea shops, and lush landscape. Further on the trail then explores the diverse landscape, interesting villages and welcoming locals before reaching to the temple listed in UNESCO Heritage Site List and one of the oldest temples in Nepal, the sacred Changunarayan Temple. Return back to the Kathmandu valley after this enriching, insightful and entertaining trek.
Chisapani Nagarkot Trekking is an economical, easy to take on, rich and diverse trekking experience. Preferred by the local and foreign tourists alike, this trek is at its best during the spring, autumn and winter season due to magnificent views of the Himalayas and lush natural scenery. Join the professional team of Nepal Trekking Planner to pursue the trip of your life and get the best out of the money spent by you. We are here to organize your holiday in Nepal as per your interest and make this take the memory of the lifetime.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with city tours
- Day 03: Kathmandu to Chisapani (2215m/7267ft)
- Day 04: Chisapani to Nagarkot (2100m/6890ft)
- Day 05: Nagarkot to Changunarayan and back to Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
- Day 06: Final Departure from country
USD $360.00 per person(3-star category hotel in KTM)
USD $520.00 per person(4-star category hotel in KTM)
USD $645.00 per person(5-star category hotel in KTM)
Single Supplement US $120.00
- All airport pick drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB at Three-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle and necessary entrance fee
- Kathmandu to Chitwan to Kathmandu by tourist bus (if you want both ways flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Changu to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- Shivapuri National Park Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation, and equipment
- Best Available twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Guest Personal expenses like ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip;
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Safe drinking water on Kathmandu Valley Rim Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Kathmandu Valley Rim Trekking
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits; normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Kathmandu Valley Rim Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Kathmandu Valley Rim Trek
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilets are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.