Chitwan National Park, situated within south central Nepal a sub tropical lowlands of the inner terai of Chitwan, Makawanpur, Parsa and Nawalparasi districts. It lies between 27°16.56’- 27°42.14’ Latitudes and 83°50.23’- 84° 46.25’ Longitudes. The altitude ranges from 110m to 850m above sea level. The park is bounded by the Rapti and Narayani River in the north, Parsa Wildlife Reserve in the east and Madi settlements and India border in the south. Three major rivers Narayani, Rapti and Reu, and their floodplains; and several lakes and pools are the major water sources of the park.
Being the first protected area of Nepal, it has a long history of over three decades in park management and rich experiences in nature conservation. Chitwan was a big game area for the royal families, Rana rulers and their guests. The area comprising the Tikauli forest from Rapti River to the foothills of the Mahabharat extending over an area of 175 km2 was declared as Mahendra Deer Park in 1959. The area south of the Rapti River was demarcated as a Rhino Sanctuary in 1963. It was proclaimed as Royal Chitwan National Park with an area of 932 km2 in 1973. After the peoples’ revolution in 2006, the park’s name was changed to Chitwan National Park.
In recognition of its unique biological resources of outstanding universal value, UNESCO designated CNP as a World Heritage Site in 1984. In 1996, an area of 750 km2 surrounding the park was declared a buffer zone, which consists of forests and private lands including cultivated lands. The buffer zone contains a Ramsar Site – Beeshazari Lakes.
The park and the local people jointly initiate community development activities and manage natural resources in the buffer zone. The government of Nepal has made a provision of plowing back 30-50 percent of the park revenue for community development in the buffer zone.
In our tour package, we provide all possible help and guidelines to make your travel enjoyable and hassle-free .We also offer customized tours and trekking packages for individual and group. our company is providing better services to make clients happy .
- Asia’s best national park
- Listed in world heritage site
- Deep green jungle enriched with various flora and fauna
- World most endangered wildlife (royal Bengal tiger , One horned Rhinoceros and other wild animals with exotic bird life )
- Discover the unique culture and tradition of tharu peoples .
- Day 1- Drive to chitwan National park from Kathmandu (5 hrs drive)/ Pokhara(4 hrs drive)/Lumbini(4hrs drive) –Hotel(L/D)
- Day 2- Full day in Chitwan National Park ( Hotel-B/L/D)
- Day 3- Full day in Chitwan National Park (Hotel B/L/D)
- Day 4: Full day in Chitwan National Park (Hotel B/L/D)
- Day 5: Drive to Kathmandu (5 Hrs) Pokhara (4 hrs) Lumbini(4 hrs)
- All pick drop by private vehicle
- 04 night twin/double shearing accommodation on full board (breakfast, lunch and dinner), tea/coffee, park entrance fee with safari activities with natural local guide
- Kathmandu to Bharatpur(by air)/Sauraha (by land) to Kathmandu transportation
- International flight ticket with departure tax (if you need we can provide with extra cost)
- Accommodation in Kathmandu (If you need we can provide with extra cost)
- Travel insurance.