Holi, also known as festival of colour is one of the most popular festival in Nepal .It takes place in the full moon day of Nepali fagu Month ( Feb to march in solar calendar) and celebrated for two days . Holi is celebrated for the victory of god over evil and welcoming of spring. This festival is celebrated mainly in Nepal and India but foreign people also participate with the great excitement and joy .People will shower colour to each other to express their sincere blessing and good wishes with great happiness .
The origin of Holi Festival can be traced back to “Mahabharata”, Hindu famous epic . According to the legend, King Hiranyakashipu was so arrogant and didn’t allow people to worship Lord Vishnu. However, Prince Prahlada was an ardent devotee of Vishnu and openly opposed his father. This enraged Hiranyakashipu and called his sister holika to burn the Prince on the full moon night . under the blessing of god Vishnu, Prahlada was unscathed while Holika was burned into ashes .when the prince walked out of the fire ,people sprinkled him with colorful water to express the praise of goodness and hatred of evil . since that time every year festival of colour Holy is celebrated in the memory of that day .
The festival of colour Holy is celebrated especially in India, Nepal and also immigrants all over the world .However as per the best place to experience holy, Kathmandu will never let you down! Peoples first shower colours to their loved ones and get showered too in return . This has spread love with colour among the couples . The whole Kathmandu valley is immersed in the festival atmosphere. Whether people known each other or not, they’ll be sprayed with Holy powder and colourful water . some will get a gental touch, some will across the heavy splash and other will be chased by the colour water balloons .In this case, please don’t get angry ,this is the kind of festival blessing .
In the square, Nepalis and visitors totally indulge in singing, dancing and sprinkling varieties of powders and waters. Everyone’s face is filled with festive joy. Even the air turns to be colorful. At this moment, cameras, mobile phones and selfie sticks have become the essential tools to record your happy Holi. You’re highly recommended to participate in this lively water fight. That kind of laughter and relax will definitely bring you back to your childhood. No need to worry about appearance and cleanness, and you can be as naughty as you want. Meanwhile, you’d better put on a white T-shirt for it looks particularly beautiful after being dyed. And you can even leave colorful fingerprints on it as memorial. This must be the best gift for your Nepal Trip .
Color festival in Nepal, celebrate Holi with Trekking Planner package, we have put together sightseeing, trekking and Holi celebration. So after your arrival, we’ll go for 1-day full sightseeing of world heritage (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swaymbhunath temple, Boudhanath). Next day, we’ll celebrate Holi in Kathmandu. Not to mention, the street of Thamel and Kathmandu Durbar square is the best places to celebrate Holi in Kathmandu. Our trip further continues to Pokhara. After a full day sightseeing in Pokhara, we’ll go for short trekking in small beautiful village Ghandruk. Moreover, it offers a superb mix of lush vegetation due to geographical diversity, unbelievable landscapes, terrains, close and spectacular mountain view, especially during sunrise and sunset, and unchanged local people and stone built villages. And we’ll drive back to Kathmandu after this amazing short trek.
- Day 01: 18/03/2019: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
- Day 02: 19/03/2019: Full day in Kathmandu with city tours
- Day 03: 20/03/2019: Celebrate Holi Festival-Hotel
- Day 04: 21/03/2019: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 05: 22/03/2019: Kathmandu-Pokhara (820m/2690ft) about 7 hrs drive
- Day 06: 23/03/2019: Pokhara – Nayapul – Tirkhedhunga (1570m/5150ft) about 2 hrs drives and 3-4 hrs walks
- Day 07: 24/03/2019: Tikhedhunga-Ulleri-Ghorepani (2780m/9121ft) 5-6 hrs walks
- Day 08: 25/03/2019: Trek to Ghorepani-Tadapani (2660m/8727ft) 4-5 hrs walks
- Day 09: 26/03/2019: Tadapani – Ghandruk (1990m/6529ft) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 10: 27/03/2019: Ghandruck – Pokhara (820m/2690ft) about 4 hrs walk and 2 hrs drive
- Day 11: 28/03/2019: Drive to Kathmandu about (1350m/4430ft) 7 hrs drive
- Day 12: 29/03/2019: Fly back to home/ Next destination
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- 04 nights twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmanud by deluxe tourist bus(if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment.
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Pokhara to Starting point and ending point to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal
- Trekking stick
- Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.