Spend your holiday with friends in the most colorful way by literally playing with color. Moreover, this year the Trekking Planner team has put together Celebrate Holi with Trekking Planner package to celebrate Holi together with our guest. Holi the festival of colors is celebrated in many regions of the world in early springs. Specifically, the color festival symbolizes the victory of good over evil. Color festival in Nepal is unique in its own way due to the fact that whole country participates in it in the same spirit. All the folks put on the festive look and the markets left crowded as people start shopping in regard to the preparations for the festival. Furthermore, the shops present various types of colors, as well as modernly designed pichkaris in order to tempt the kids, who love to soak their friends with the colored water.
On the day of Color festival in Nepal, everyone wants to be the first one to color their loved ones. Once people are done applying the colors, sweets are offered and savored on. Likewise, Holi songs are played as well as at some places small plays are organized which epitomize the spirit of Holi.
Color festival in Nepal, celebrate Holi with Trekking Planner package, we have put together sightseeing, trekking and Holi celebration. So after your arrival, we’ll go for 1-day full sightseeing of world heritage (Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Pashupatinath, Swaymbhunath temple, Boudhanath). Next day, we’ll celebrate Holi in Kathmandu. Not to mention, the street of Thamel and Kathmandu Durbar square is the best places to celebrate Holi in Kathmandu. Our trip further continues to Pokhara. After a full day sightseeing in Pokhara, we’ll go for short trekking in small beautiful village Ghandruk. Moreover, it offers a superb mix of lush vegetation due to geographical diversity, unbelievable landscapes, terrains, close and spectacular mountain view, especially during sunrise and sunset, and unchanged local people and stone built villages. And we’ll drive back to Kathmandu after this amazing short trek.
- Day 01 : 27/02/2018: Arrival in Kathmandu-(1350m/4430ft) Hotel (D)
- Day 02 : 28/02/2018: Full day in Kathmandu with sightseeing tours-Hotel (B/B)
- Day 03 : 01/03/2018: Celebrate Holi Festival-Hotel (B/B)
- Day 04: 02/03/2018: Full day in Kathmandu-Hotel (B/B)
- Day 05: 03/03/2018: Kathmandu-Pokhara (820m/2690ft) about 7 hrs drive Hotel (B/B)
- Day 06: 04/03/2018: Pokhara – Nayapul – Tirkhedhunga (1570m/5150ft) about 2 hrs drives and 3-4 hrs walks Lodge (B/L/D)
- Day 07: 05/03/2018: Tikhedhunga-Ulleri-Ghorepani (2780m/9121ft) 5-6 hrs walks Lodge (B/L/D)
- Day 08: 06/03/2018: Trek to Ghorepani-Tadapani (2660m/8727ft) 4-5 hrs walks Lodge (B/L/D)
- Day 09: 07/03/2018: Tadapani – Ghandruk (1990m/6529ft) 3-4 hrs walk Lodge (B/L/D)
- Day 10: 08/03/2018: Ghandruck – Pokhara (820m/2690ft)Hotel (B/L/D)
- Day 11: 09/03/2018: Drive to Kathmandu about (1350m/4430ft) 7 hrs drive Hotel (B/B)
- Day 12: 10/03/2018: Fly back to home/ Next destination (B)
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal
- Trekking stick
- Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.