“Cultural, Historical exploration and scenic excursion on Thimphu, Paro and Punakha”
The Kingdom of Bhutan, nestling in the heart of the great Himalaya, only opened its gates to foreigners in 1974. It remains the society, where age-old culture and traditional life continues as it had been for centuries. With about 69% of the population still living in rural Bhutan, farming is still considered an occupation for the majority of Bhutanese. Old aged barter system and close bond within the family often with more than 50 members are a common sight.
This tours offer you insight of Bhutan in short time. During this tour, you will have an opportunity to see all the cultural and other important sites in western Bhutan. You will witness, how little life in Bhutan have changed throughout the civilization.
This trip begins from Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. During this trip, we take you a most popular sight of Nepal than take you to Bhutan, “land of the thunder dragon”.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Paro
- Day 05: Thimphu Sightseeing & drive to Punakha
- Day 06: Punakha-Paro
- Day 07: Excursions to Taktsang
- Day 08: Fly to Kathmandu or on next destination
- Day 09: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 10: Final departure
US $2082.00 per person
Single supplement US $150.00
- All airport pick up and drop in Kathmandu and Bhutan
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant in Kathmandu
- 04 nights double/twin shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle
- Private transportation by car
- All necessary travel permits and English speaking guide in Bhutan
- Accommodation on twin shearing room basis at three star category hotel in Bhutan
- Sightseeing and Monastery entrance fees as per the itinerary in Bhutan
- Meals plan; on full board basis
- Kathmandu to Paro to Kathmandu flight ticket (from any country flight ticket with additional cost)
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags and city
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the guide and drive
Equipment for this trip
- Bag pack.
- day bag.( Small handbag)
- Sports shoes/sandal.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs trousers
- 3/4 pairs shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
With the exception of travelers from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa. Visas are only issued when a confirmed booking through a Bhutanese or International tour operator has been made. All visa application must reach Bhutan at least 10 days prior to the intended arrival date. Bhutanese Embassies and missions abroad do not issue visa for entry to Bhutan. Upon entry to Bhutan, the visa is stamped into the passport.
Tours in Bhutan is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the mountains.
Bhutan’s currency is the Ngultrum that is at par with the Indian rupee. It is however recommended that you carry traveler’s check or cash, preferably American Express and US dollar instead.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.