Druk Path Trek start from an altitude of around 2400 meters and cross passes as high as 6000 meters. The lower altitude winter trekking routes that range from 1300 meters to 1800 meters enable the less hardy trekkers to enjoy the beauty of a semi tropical climate. Whatever the Bhutan trek you choose, it will be special, as you are surrounded by views of mountain ranges.
This beautiful valley is home to many of Bhutan’s oldest monasteries and temples. The country’s only airport is in Paro. The valley is also home to Mount Chomolhari(7,300 meters) situated at the northern end of the valley whose glacier water forms the Pachu flowing through the valley. This trip begins from Kathmandu, We will take you to the most popular place in Kathmandu and in Bhutan. This two-country is very rich in nature, history, culture. Druk Path trek is one of the famous and informative trek .
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Paro and drive to Thimpu
- Day 04: Full day in Thimphu
- Day 05: Trek to Phajoding
- Day 06: Trek to Semkotha
- Day 07: Trek to Jimilangtso
- Day 08: Trek to Jele Dzong
- Day 09: Trek to Paro
- Day 10: full day in Paro
- Day 11: Fly to Kathmandu or next destination
- Day 12: Final departure
USD $3055.00 per person
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle in Nepal and Bhutan
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu.
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Paro to Kathmandu flight
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- All the sightseeing tours and trekking in Bhutan with guide, necessary entrance fees and private vehicle.
- 03 star category deluxe accommodation in the tours and tented camp in trekking during your stay in Bhutan.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-Shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu but Bhutan air fare is already included (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
With the exception of travelers from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa. Visas are only issued when a confirmed booking through a Bhutanese or International tour operator has been made. All visa application must reach Bhutan at least 10 days prior to the intended arrival date. Bhutanese Embassies and missions abroad do not issue visa for entry to Bhutan. Upon entry to Bhutan, the visa is stamped into the passport.
Tours in Bhutan is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the mountains.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can't sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
Bhutan’s currency is the Ngultrum that is at par with the Indian rupee. It is however recommended that you carry traveler’s check or cash, preferably American Express and US dollar instead.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.