Our marvelous ‘Everest Base Camp Heli Trek’ a memorable adventure to experience on EBC trek with helicopter return. A great way to enjoy Everest Base Camp Heli Trek, around the world’s highest country in the close shade of mighty Mt. Everest. After completing more than a week-long adventurous walks, then ending with a smooth, scenic Heli flight back to Kathmandu.
Everest Base Camp with Heli trek, allows visitors to view the world highest peaks in a short time. Just a little more of a week’s adventure that takes you right in the heart of Mt. Everest at base camp.
Mt. Everest, present height at 8, 848.86 meters and near about 29,032 feet high. The latest elevation of Mt. Everest, declared to the world on December 8, 2020, by both Nepal and Chinese officials. Mt. Everest straddles the border between two countries, south face in Nepal and the north col, located in Tibet / China.
From Nepal Southside of Mt. Everest, much popular due to its easy accessibility and facilities for trekkers and adventurers. Trekking Planner presents this exclusive Everest base camp trek with Heli, to make it much easier for trekkers. Covering the whole trek with an exciting time in a short duration of time, a perfect adventure program for travelers. Especially for people with dreams to see at close distance Mt. Everest, but with limited holiday in Nepal.
Everest base camp trek with Heli, begins flying in a normal daily schedule short flight to Lukla from Kathmandu airport. On flight enjoy a breathtaking panorama of Himalayan peaks and Nepal’s dramatic landscapes of rolling green hills with farm villages.
After 35 minutes of smooth scenic flight lands at Lukla unique, airstrips with an uphill runway to park the aircraft. The airport named ‘Tenzing-Hillary’ a tribute to the first conqueror of Mt. Everest on May 29th, 1953.
From Lukla after getting organized with heavier baggage carried by our strong porters or on pack animals, called Zhopkyo. A mixed breed of Yak and normal cow/ox, as they can survive on high altitude and in low areas.
Walk starts on easy gradual downhill following our lead and expert guide, to reach Phakding for a first overnight stop. As trek progress reaching at famous Namche Bazaar the main hub of trekkers and local villagers. Once a week, a busy and colorful Saturday market held at Namche, a large village nearly the size of a moderate town. At Namche spending extra overnights with free days to explore around its best view-points, as well to support acclimatization.
From Namche Bazaar, adventure continues further towards higher terrain, with a pleasant stop at Tengboche Monastery, and its beautiful surroundings. Tengboche is also spelled Thyangboche, famous for its colorful Buddhist monastery, where once a year a great Mani-Rimdu takes place.
Around the end of October or November, as Buddhist calendar perched on a hilltop within serene green alpine forest. Encircled by an array of snow-peaks with Mt. Everest and close views of majestic Mt. Ama Dablam.
At Tengboche, visiting its interesting monastery and enjoying magnificent views, adventure takes you beyond tree-lines towards high arid and dry country.
Explore the last permanent Pangboche village, with scenic Imjatse valley at Dingboche, then onwards to our main destinations at Everest base camp.
A high altitude walk with stops at Lobuche and Gorakshep, a small place with some lodges, located on a frozen lakebed. As well on route to base camp and Kalapathar Hilltop, adventure finally reaches beneath towering Mt. Everest.
Enjoy the stupendous scenery of giant peaks that surrounds you at base camp, with close views of the notorious Khumbu-Ice fall. After achieving our goal, back to Gorakshep for an exciting climb to Kalapathar hilltop, the highest point of the adventure.
Kalapathar, a black rocky hilltop at 5, 643 m high, the actual height was recently been revised from 5,545 m. The top as well on halfway climb offers a breathtaking panorama of surrounding high peaks with Mt. Everest at close distance.
After Everest base camp and climb of Kalapathar, our glorious adventure completes taking a scenic Heli flight back to Kathmandu.
- Enjoy the great dramatic and scenic adventure in the heart of Mt. Everest
- Explore lovely immense culture of native Sherpa of age-old heritage custom
- Within world heritage Sagarmatha national park enriched with rare flora/fauna
- Visiting traditional villages and impress colorful monasteries of great interest
- Beautiful pines, rhododendron woodland to arctic zone of ice and glaciers
- Panoramic mountain flight in a small aircraft and Helicopter to end the trek
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu, sightseeing tour at places of interest
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,820 m & trek to Phakding 2,640 m - 04 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3,440 m - 06 hrs
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and local excursion
- Day 06: Trek to Thyangboche Monastery 3,867 m - 05 hrs
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche 4,260 m - 05 hrs
- Day 08: Rest day at Dingboche for acclimatization and excursion
- Day 09: Trek to Lobuche 4,930 m - 05 hrs
- Day 10: Trek to Everest Base Camp 5,364 m, return to Gorakshep 5,164 m
- Day 11: Hike to Kalapathar 5,643 m and fly to Kathmandu with Heli service
- Day 12: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities
- Day 13: Final International departure from Nepal
- All airport pick up drop off by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant
- Twin/double sharing accommodation on BB at 3 star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle (entrance fees extra)
- Kathmandu to Lukla by regaular flight and Gorak Shep to Kathmandu by Helicopter
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System ( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- Your cost includes insurance, wages, food and lodging for both your guide and porter. We take excellent care of our guides and porters, they are like family to us
- Best available twin sharing lodge accommodation during the trek (private bathrooms with hot showers are provided at Phakding, Namche and Lukla)
Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Snacks of biscuits/peanuts and seasonal fresh fruits dessert during the trek
First aid kit
- Trekking Planner Nepal’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after the trek
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from
- mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
A short information regarding Kalapathar revised height:
Kala Pathar. Previously the height was thought to be somewhere in between 5,545 m and 5,550 m. But, according to the research conducted by Dr. Luis A, Ruedas who is an assistant professor in reputed Portland State University on 6th December 2006, the elevation of Kala Pathar was found to be 5, 643 m which equals to 18,514 ft.
This fact was deducted after taking an average from 48 different readings. Also, to confirm this fact, another similar research was conducted again in 2008 and at this time, the height of Kalapathar was found to be 5,644.5 m. Kala Pathar is distinct from other surrounding peaks as it is marked with prayer flags and stone cairn.