Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
Everest Helicopter Tour will be your most scenic and fascinating ride and adventure of a lifetime experience, leading you flying high in the heart of world number one Mt. Everest which towers at 8,848 m / 29,028 ft high. Truly a dream of million wide-world people to get a glimpse of world highest peaks, where thousands of trekkers and adventurer visits to Nepal for a scenic walk to Everest Base Camp of more than a week duration, Heli flights will be the best choice and options and an opportunity to fulfill your dreams.
Everest Helicopter Tour starting the early morning before (quick early breakfast in the hotel or taking pack breakfast), our guides transfer you to Kathmandu domestic airport for the scenic flight on Helicopter, where you will be seated next to a pilot or on the back seat with spacious seat in comfort. Soon as Heli takes of grand views of Kathmandu city and the valley with surrounding rolling green hills dotted with farm villages and well-tended terraces, as chopper gets higher panorama views array of a mountain range from Manaslu-Ganesh-Langtang-Jugal Himal, as flight heads east views of Mt. Gauri-Shankar and Melung Tse peaks.
As the Everest Helicopter Tour gets closer towards Lukla, then landing for re-fuels and refreshment break with time to observe Sherpa life and its colorful culture and then heading through Dudh Kosi gorge with aerial views of famous Namche Bazaar (time permitting landing on top Namche Bazaar to catch views of the village and snow clad peaks). Swirling high above heading towards Everest Base Camp if possible landing at base camp at the height of 5,364 m high within Khumbu glacier and views of tumbling massive Ice Falls with other adjoining peaks.
Flying out of Everest Base Camp or from Gorakshep Everest Helicopter Tour (earlier Everest Base Camp) heading back to Kathmandu with the brief stop at scenic heading back to Kathmandu with the brief stop at scenic Everest View Hotel (Syanboche) either for breakfast or lunch. Or Thyangboche Monastery, visit of interesting monastery interior with colorful Thangka painting with the grand statue of Buddha, observe monks and priest on deep prayer. After a glorious moment with a scenic green surrounding of alpine woodland and snow-clad peaks overlooking impressive views of Mt. Everest and magnificent Ama-Dablam, then heading high on route back to Kathmandu with most remarkable, enjoyable and exciting on Everest Helicopter Tour.
- An awesome panorama array of Himalayan peaks with Everest from start to an end on Heli ride
- Great thrill on the takeoff to landing with perfect views of the Himalayan chain of mountains
- Aerial views of sweeping dramatic landscapes over valleys and terraced farm villages
- Glimpse of culture and traditional life of Sherpa people the highlanders of Everest
- Helicopter lands at Kalapather, one of the best Everest view point where you can make photos & videos of life time memorable.
- Helicopter stop at Everest view hotel (the Highest Placed Hotel in the world) where you can have your Breakfast/Lunch With a view of Mt. Everest and adjoining giant peaks.
Please Note Everest Helicopter Tour:
Flying hours and some stops on route, depends entirely on weather condition and pilots decision as he know the weather patterns of Himalaya. Stops and landing around villages including at Everest base camp, where weather permits, we will try our best to make your flight enjoyable with possible stops to witness culture and traditional life of local villages with mountain views for your delights and money worth of scenic flights with us.
- Transportation to Kathmandu domestic airport from the hotel and back.
- Our vehicle will be at your disposal waiting at the airport till you need for the transfer.
- Heli flight with pack breakfast / or in Lukla (time permitting) with lunch on route either at Gorakshep-Thyangboche or at Namche at pilot discretions.
- Applicable permits for the flight with Sagarmatha National Park / TIM (Trekking Information Management System) if required.
- Service of guides on Heli Tour, daily wages-medical insurance, meals and other allowance.
- Comprehensive medical kits and First Aid Kit (for precaution against accidents and sudden illness.
- Nepal Visa-International airfare-personal travel and medical insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature, gratitude (tips) hard / soft and other major drinks throughout the flight and in Kathmandu.
- Personal gear for the day ride (down jackets and personal belongings) medical kit.
- Emergency evacuation and breaking away from the proposed duration flight where refund will not be entertained, however office will issue a letter to claim from your valid insurance. 05:
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes/Sports shoes
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- Hand gloves
- Sun glasses
- Water bottle
- Down Jacket
- Camera and batteries
Important Notes Heli Flights around Everest and other Himalaya region:
Mass flow of wide world travelers in Nepal is mainly for trekking of moderate walks to adventurous or challenging activities, most important is picking the right trip holiday with us with your limited time and duration in Nepal.
In all high altitude trip whether treks or on helicopter tour for Everest and other Himalayan destination where all clients should be in sound health and physically fit to enjoy its wonderful surrounding of mountains and local culture.
On booking with us before your depart from home country, where all clients should be obtain Travel and Medical Insurance (in case for accidents and emergency evacuation by all means of transport available for quick relief to nearest hospitals).
It will be pleasure if you can send us past and present medical history with certain diets, and then we can arrange to fit your request well in advance.
Climate on Everest Base Camp & Khumbu Heli Flights:
Normal days are clear above 2,500 m above and as well depending upon season around Himalaya region, sometimes the weather can be unpredictable including Everest and Khumbu region.
April to May is main trekking and visiting months including chopper flights around Everest, when morning and mid day is clear with sunshine normally, afternoon can be clouded blocking the views of peaks sometimes.
September to November are high season visiting Nepal Himalayan destination with Everest base camp, when day is mostly with clear blue sky and views of mountains.
November to January however chances of snow above 2,800 m higher areas however day will be fine with some sunshine and cold in morn and late afternoon time and in shades.
July to mid September clouded with monsoon rains (wet months) but very green with much moistures.
The best time will be from March to May when wild flowers are in full bloom around 2,000 m to 3,000 m high and then tree lines and vegetation declines for rough arctic terrain, the temperature will be 15 to 20 degree Celsius during the day with sunlight, morning and evening can be much cooler with minimum of -0 to 05 degree Celsius not counting the wind chill factors.
Above 3,000m high day will be clear with strong sunlight and UV (due to less oxygen and atmospheric pressure) , where strong sun screens and creams required to protect your skins and as well using good sun / snow glass to avoid strong and bright refection of snow and sunlight.
Mid September to December will be the clearest weather but with short days minimum of -05 to -10 degree Celsius in the morning and night time with maximum of 15-20 degree during the day in full sunlight, also depends upon the altitude and areas of trekking.
December to March will be the coldest months with chances of snows with minimum of -10 to -15 degree Celsius with maximum 15-18 degree Celsius without wind chill factor, however most of the day time will be clear with fine blue sky.