Everest High Pass Trekking is the perfect fit for the intrepid explorers who have the zeal of ultimate adventures in the Himalayas. Comprising of the three challenging and adventurous passes in the region, this trek takes you to the remote and beautiful villages, narrow ridges, hidden Sherpa culture and tradition, beautiful glacial lakes and rivers, monasteries and chhortens, and diverse flora and fauna. Explore the Everest region in this trek with breathtaking views of the lofty mountains while ascending over strenuous passes of Renjo La (5,345m), Cho La (5,420m) and Kongma La (5,540m). By joining this Everest High Pass Trekking you shall traverse into some of the most surreal scenery in the entire Himalayan region manifested in the Gokyo region through the Gokyo Lakes and in the Everest region in the form of view from the iconic Kala Patthar.
Everest High Pass Trekking begins with the exploration of the ancient architecture of the medieval Kathmandu valley that opens up well preserved treasure to the visitors. The adventure to the Everest and the marvelous Gokyo region begins with the 35 minutes short and scenic flight to Lukla over the lush valleys, high hills and deep valleys, majestic mountains and vast landscapes. The trail is same as the classical route to the Everest base camp till the scenic village of Dingboche. We traverse along the trail decorated by rhododendron forest, monasteries and chortens, suspension bridges festooned with prayer flags, train of fellow trekkers, locals and animals, overlooked by the mountains that seem to rise above the skyline and the diversity of flora and fauna before branching off the main trail. We turn to Chhukung from the main trail for acclimatization in a bid to explore the Gokyo valley. The following day, we cross the first among the three passes, the most challenging Kongma La Pass (5540m) and reach Lobuche. Accomplishing the dream of Everest Base Camp and Kalapatthar over the couple of days, we ascent the second challenge of this trek, the Cho La Pass (5,420m). The adventure continues as we explore the Gokyo valley and conquer the Renjo La Pass (5,345m) before trekking back to Lukla for ending the trek. Flight back to Kathmandu marks the end of this challenging adventure.
Everest High Pass Trekking is made for the experienced adventure seekers who have a taste for challenging experience in the Himalayan region with encounter of the glaciers, challenging landscape and serene environment. Get physically prepared and inculcate mental endurance to face the risk faced while crossing the glacier crevasses of the passes. Join Trekking Planner Nepal for comfortable, carefully planned and safe trekking experience into the Himalayas. We make sure that you get the best possible experience in the magical region full of diversity, adventure, serene landscapes and view of the mountains including Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (8516m), Makalu (8481m), Cho Oyu (8201m) and others.
- Lukla Flight (read more)
- Travel Insurance (read more)
- No Extra Fees for Solo Travelers
- Special notice for Lukla flight (Read More )
- A super adventure crossing three high passes of Khumbu in the shade of Everest
- Scenic high passes of Kongma, Cho-la and Renjo-la facing awesome views of peaks
- Traverse highest spot of the adventure above 5,535 m and on top high Kalapathar
- Explore perfect wilderness from eastern sides of Khumbu to quiet areas of Thame
- Amazing views within close to world highest peaks on crossing three high passes
- Visit Namche Bazaar and several Sherpa villages of immense cultural interest
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft )
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2828m/9279ft) 35min flight and Trek to Phakdhingn (2780m/9121ft)about 04 hrs walk
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m/11287ft) about 05 hrs walk.
- Day 05: Rest day/Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar
- Day 06: Trek to Tengbche (3850m/12632ft) 04-05 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Dingboche (4350m/14272ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 8: Rest/Acclimatization in Dingboche
- Day 9: Trek to Chhukung (4730m/15518ft) about 04 hrs walk.
- Day 10: Cross the Kongma La (5540m/18175ft) and trek to Lobuche (4910m/16109ft) about 07 hrs walk
- Day 11: Trek to Gorakshep(5180m/16995ft) 3-4 hrs walk and day hike Everest Base Camp (5364m/17600ft) 2-3 hrs walk
- Day 12: Trek to KalaPathar (5545m/18193ft) 2-3 hrs walk and Dzonglha (4830m/15847ft)4-5 hrs walk
- Day 13: Trek to Cho La (5420m/17782ft) about 04 hrs walk and to Thangnag (4700m//15420ft) about 03 hrs walk
- Day 14: Trek to Gokyo (4750m/15584ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 15: Trek to Gokyo Ri(5463m/17923ft) about 03 hrs walk
- Day 16: Trek to Renzo La (5345m/17536ft) and to Lungden (4380m/14370ft)about 07 hrs walk
- Day 17: Trek to Thame (3800m/12467ft) about 04 hrs walk
- Day 18: Trek to Monjo (2800m/9187ft) about 06 hrs walk
- Day 19: Trek to Lukla (2828m/9279ft) about 05 hrs walk
- Day 20: Fly back to Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft ) about 35 min flight
- Day 21: Free/Leisure day in Kathmandu
- Day 22: Final Departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- First add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trekkiung(Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes colum
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Difficulties rating of Everest Three Passes Trekking
A trekker or walker who has experience of trekking normally 5-6 hours per day carrying a light weight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shaky so we recommend to use walking poles to feel safer. Normally, maximum altitude of the trek is 5540m, so you should be more careful about your health and altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walks slowly and has more water and other drinks.
Safe drinking water on Everest Three Passes Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Everest Three Passes Trekking
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Everest Three Passes Trek
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers have felt same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekker.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left anything anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anything outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Everest Three Passes Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Everest Three Passes Trek
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their goodhospitality services.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happen above 3300m(10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can’t sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.