Include your children and loved ones in your adventure. Join Family adventure tour in Nepal and enjoy outdoor adventures, wildlife viewing, cultural exploration and more. Most people spend their holiday going out with their friends, but now the newest travel trend is a family vacation and the favorite thing about the family vacation is being together with your family than ever. Family adventure holiday in Nepal will fulfill your aim to make your holiday in Nepal together with your family.
Family adventure holiday in Nepal starts from the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu. Kathmandu is the political, commercial, historical and cultural hub of Nepal and is the first stop for the majority of visitors to the country. In Kathmandu, you’ll be able to witness old aged temples, monuments and so on. You will visit UNESCO world heritage sites i.e you will have the opportunity to explore the mysterious ancient city of Kathmandu, as well as the wonderful complex of one of the holiest Hindu temples, Pashupatinath, and the world-renowned Buddhist stupas of Boudhanath and Swambhunath. You will also be able to take an extended sightseeing tour of the ancient cities of Bhaktapur and Patan. After sightseeing of Kathmandu valley, our trip further continues to the Everest view trekking, the trek start from Lukla after 35 min flight from Kathmandu. You will trek passes through the several Sherpa villages like Phakding, Namche Bazaar, Khumjung village, Khunde village and many other small villages where one can experience their culture and tradition and from every village incredible mountain views can be seen. The trail further continues to Tengboche monastery, also known as Dawa Choling Gompa, a Tibetan Buddhist monastery of the Sherpa community. Finally, we retrace Everest view Trek down to Lukla and fly back to Kathmandu.
Trekking Planner organizes family adventure holiday in Nepal as per your interest also for groups of elders and families with their children. We are ready to design a tailor-made itinerary as per your requirement. We are experienced in finding the best travel options according to the needs of our guests.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft)
- Day 02: Cultural and historical excursion/trekking preparation day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2828m//9279ft) 35min and trek to Phakding (2780m/9121ft) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 04: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440 m/11287ft) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Rest day at Namche Bazar
- Day 06: Trek to Tengboche (3850m//12632ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Khumjung (3753m/12313ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Monjo (2835m/9303ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 09: Trek from Manjo to Lukla (2828m/9279ft) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 10: Fly back to Kathmandu(1350m/4430ft)
- Day 11: Exploring day in Kathmandu
- Day 12: Final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB at Three star hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid. And porter on request.
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries
- Sun cream
Difficulties rating of Family Adventure Holiday in Nepal
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 5-6 hours per day carrying a lightweight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shaky so we recommend using walking poles to feel safer. Normally, 3210m is the highest point of the trek, it is normal and no need to feel altitude related risk.
Safe drinking water on Family Adventure Holiday in Nepal
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in some places but in some places, we cannot find it. In that case, we suggest you drink boiled water which may charge the small fee, found tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for the protection of the environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Family Adventure Holiday in Nepal
Hydroelectricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, iPhone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge the small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal, 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Family Adventure Holiday in Nepal
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute balloons, chocolates, money, and pens as many trekkers have felt the same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask every trekker.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not leave anything anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang any things outside at night.
Use a dustbin and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Family Adventure Holiday in Nepal
Trekking in Nepal is mainly in the remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries, and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Family Adventure Holiday in Nepal
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in a bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get a warm bowl of water. A toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically, the toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use the rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route, local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking planner is the government licensed trekking company in Nepal as we can see a photo of legal documents in about us section. Under the following terms and condition, we accept your booking:
We require a non-fundable deposit of 15% as down payment in advance in order to book flight tickets, hotel booking, and Tims Cards, as well as permits. Booking must be done 5 days earlier and the amount can be either, a Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card with the balance payable upon your arrival in Nepal.