Get ready to spend your vacation in the lap of Annapurna with your family and loved ones. Trekking with the whole family is becoming more popular also in Nepal. Family Trekking in Annapurna is suitable for the different age of people.
Family Trekking in Annapurna starts from Kathmandu, the city of temples. We’ll start the trip with a full day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley which includes the UNESCO world heritage sites i.e Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Boudhanath stupa and Pashupatinath temple. After that, we drive or flight to the Lakeside city of Pokhara, a paradise of mountains, lakes, and temple. You will be exploring the most popular places in Pokhara such as Fewa Lake, David’s fall, Seti Gandaki gorge, Bindybasini temple, World peace pagoda. Our trip further continues to Annapurna area, the most popular trekking route in the world.
The trek begins from Nayapul after 1 and a half drive from Pokhara, walking through the bamboo forests and passing a large waterfall and swimming hole and the local villages. You will reach in Ghorepani with few up and down through steep stone staircase to the large Magar village of Ulleri, Banthanti and Nange thanti. From Ghorepani, you will be able to see the most spectacular panorama of Dhaulagiri I (8167m), Nilgiri (6940m) Annapurna I (8091m) Hiunchuli (6441m) and more. The Poon is the main viewpoint place for this trek from where you have early morning sunrise view with a magnificent view of the mountain.
After wonderful trekking in Annapurna, you will enjoy your holiday with wildlife activities in Chitwan National Park. Chitwan National park located in the southern part of Nepal, land of the sub-tropical jungle which is famous for one horn Rhino and Bangle Tiger. Jungle walk, Canoeing, Elephant safari, Cultural program are the major safari activities in Chitwan National Park.
Trekking Planner offers many activities apart from the straight tours or Trekking. Also for groups of elders and families with children, we are ready to design tailor-made itinerary as per the client’s interest. We are experienced in finding the best travel options according to the needs of our guests. Make your family trekking in Annapurna hassle-free and lifetime memories.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu(1350m/4430ft )
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m/2690ft) about 7 hrs
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul and trek to Tirkhedhunga (1570m/5150ft) 02 hrs drives and 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 05: Tikhedhunga-Ullery-Ghorepani (2780m/9121ft) 5-6 hrs walks
- Day 06: Ghorepani-Tadapani (2660m/8727ft) 4-5 hrs walks
- Day 07: Tadapani - Ghandruk (1990m/6529ft) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 08: Ghandruck - Pokhara(820m/2690ft)
- Day 09: Pokhara - Chitwan (4-5 hrs)
- Day 10: Full day in Chitwan National park
- Day 11: Drive to Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft) 4-5hrs drive
- Day 12: Final departure
Trip Cost ;
USD $915.00 per person(3 star category hotel in City)
USD $1235.00 per person(4 star category hotel in City)
USD $1485.00 per person(5 star category hotel in City)
Single Supplement US $180.00
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB at Kathmandu Gues House or Similar in Kathmandu
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Mt Everest flight with private transportation
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Chitwan to Kathmandu by deluxe tourist bus (if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- 02night/03 day safari activities on full board in Chitwan national Park
- Annapura Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking,licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- double/twin shearing Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Pokhara to Starting point point of trekking and ending point of trekking to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Nepal Visa fee (bring accurate fee in USD and two passport size photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Difficulties rating of Family holidays in Nepal
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 5-6 hours per day carrying a light weight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shaky so we recommend to use walking poles to feel safer. Normally, 3210m is the highest point of the trek, its normal and no need to feel altitude related risk.
Safe drinking water on Family holidays in Nepal
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in some places but in some places we cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, iPhone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Family holidays in Nepal
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute balloons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has felt same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekker.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left anything anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang any things outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Family holidays in Nepal
Trekking in Nepal is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Family holidays in Nepal
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water. Toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip
Trekking planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal as we can see a photos of legal documents in about us section. Under following terms and condition, we accept your booking:
We required non-fundable deposit Of 15% down payment in advance is mandatory to book a flight tickets, hotel booking and TIMS as well as permit process. Booking must be done 5 days earlier and amount can be either bank transfer or western Union, money gram as well as through credit cards and the rest amount must be paid upon your arrival to Nepal.