Gosaikunda lake is the holiest lake of Hindu situated at the height of 4312 m, believed to have originated from the digging of the land by the Trishul (holy three pointed sword) of lord Shiva. Gosaikunda Lake has a black rock in the middle, said to be the head of Lord Shiva according to legend. Gosaikunda Pass Trekking itself is a good choice for all the trekkers because it is near from Kathmandu valley in Langtang National Park but quite remote and thinly populated with friendly people.
Gosaikunda pass trekking is a mixture of the Natural heritage with beautiful landscapes and panoramic mountains views, cultural heritage of Tibetan origin Tamang and Sherpa as well as religious heritage for both Hindus and Buddhists as a belief to visit a lake once in a life. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims go to Gosaikunda lake trekking to visit the lake during a full moon festival in August. Gosaikunda Pass Trekking offers abundant wildlife, intense forest teaming with wildflowers, animal species and heart touching scenery of natural landscapes will welcome you all the way. You will pass through oak and rhododendron forests even cross glacial moraine and typical Tamang village in a trek to Gosaikunda.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Sundarijal and trek to Chisapani (2194m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 04: Trek to Khutumsang via Gul Bhanjyang (2470 m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Tharepati (3490m) 6-7 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Phedi (3630m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Gosaikunda (4336m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Sing Gompa (3254m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 09: Trek to Dhunche (1950m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day10: Drive to Kathmandu (1350m) about 7 hrs walk
- Day 11: Final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with privet vehicle entrance fees extra
- Kathmandu to Sundarijal and Dhunche to Kathmandu by local bus (if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Langtang National Park entrance fee and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment paid
- twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- First add kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffel bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Down jacket (for low temperature. A must for staying in a teahouse relaxed under 0C)
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries
A trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 4336m, so you should be careful about altitude risk. To get rid of it please walks slowly and has more water and avoids alcoholic drinks. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Gosaikunda Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Gosaikunda Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Gosaikunda Trek:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilets are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.