Nepal’s rich cultural heritage has suffered a devastating blow from a massive earthquake that tore through the country. Yes! The country was hit by magnitude 7.8 earthquake centered Gorkha District on Saturday, April 25th centered hit by two powerful aftershocks: magnitude 7.3 earthquake centered Kodari and a magnitude 6.3 centered Ramechhap both on May 12th.
This has caused a tremendous loss in our country. More than 9000 people died and more than 23,000 got injured. Centuries-old buildings were destroyed at UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Kathmandu Durbar Square, The Patan Durbar Square, The Bhaktapur Durbar Square, The Changunarayan Temple, and The Swayambhunath Stupa. However, most of the city still stands, only 14 districts have been significantly affected out of 75, only 1 National Parks is affected out of 10, only 2 UNESCO World Heritage Sites have significant damages out of 8. Out of 35 popular trekking routes, only 2 are affected. All International and National airports are in operation. Communications are functioning well. There have been no major epidemics. Therefore, it is safe to travel.
That’s why Trekking planner has put together “Heritage Disaster tour in Nepal” package, which includes the sightseeing of the affected areas such as Kathmandu Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, Pashupatinath temple, Swayambhunath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Sankhu village, Changunarayan temple and so on. The trip continues forward to Pokhara and Chitwan national park and we drive back to Kathmandu. If such itinerary does not match your interest and time frame lets us know and we will take you to others affected areas as well.
Heritage Disaster tour in Nepal is a unique way to help Nepal and Nepalese people as a whole at this difficult time. So come and visit Nepal as it is moving towards the path of restoration and rebuilding with a lively spirit. In this way, you’d also be providing much-needed support to the local economy and helping people while traveling and having fun, who despite these tough times have held their spirits strong and smile on their faces!
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu International Airport
- Day 02: Kathmandu (Kathmandu Durbar square, swayambhunath stupa & Pashupatinath)
- Day 03: Kathmandu (Patan Durbar Square, Bungmati & Khokhana village)
- Day 04: Kathmandu (Boudhanath stupa and Sankhu village)
- Day 05: Kathmandu (Bhaktapur, Changunarayan village & Nagarkot)
- Day06: Drive to Pokhara (820m around 7hr drive)
- Day07: Full day in Pokhara (water fall, caves, museum, Sunrise trip to Sarangkot)
- Day08: Drive to Chitwan National park (stay overnight in Chitwan)
- Day10: Drive or Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day11: Final Departure from Kathmandu
USD $650.00 per person (3 star category hotel)
USD $970.00 per person (4 star category hotel)
USD $1270.00 per person (5star category hotel)
Single Supplement US $150.00
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 05 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Chitwan and Pokhara with private vehicle.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 01 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Nagarkot
- 02 nights twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
Kathmandu to Nagarkot to Pokhara to Lumbani to Chitwan to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- 02 nights/03 days safari activities on full board meals plan in Chitwan National Park (Activities; Elephant back Safari, Jungle Walk, Bird watching, Elephant breeding center, Village tours with sunset view, Canoe Ride, Tharu Cultural Program.)
- Trekking Planner’s Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city maps – if necessary.
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu, Nagarkot and Pokhara
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the trip(due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking/tours crews and drive.
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control.
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Sports shoes or sandal
- Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- 2/3 pairs of trousers
- 3/4 pairs of shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- Sun cream.
Safe drinking water
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles. we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in hotels and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Hotels or lodges provide these facilities. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities
All the hotels houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities according to the standard of hotel. Toilet are mainly Asian squat style.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking planner is the government licensed trekking company in Nepal as we can see a photos of legal documents in about us section. Under following terms and condition, we accept your booking:
We require a non-refundable deposit of 15% as down payment in advance in order to book flight tickets, hotel booking. Booking must be done 5 days earlier and the amount can be either, a Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card with the balance payable upon your arrival in Nepal.