Jomolhari Trekking is a most renowned Trek in Bhutan tracking in the far north-west of a dragon land. The elevation variance of Jomolhari Trek is from 2,500m to the highest point 4,930m is taken as the average distance exciting challenging trek. Jomolhari Trek is a trail looks like a horseshoe has two high passes over 4,800m. Trekking in Jomolhari presents you a broad variety of sceneries, vegetation, and wildlife. The main focus of Jomolhari Trek is the stunning sceneries of Mt. Jomolhari from Jomolhari Base Camp and high passes with the view of other high peaks.
The best season for Jomolhari trekking is spring (March-May) and autumn (September-November). Physical fitness is required to do Jomolhari Trek to experience the splendid Himalayan peaks, fresh air, peacefulness, lovely forest and terraces walk. Let’s go for Jomolhari Trek to experience the change.
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Paro by Druk Air
- Day 03: Sightseeing Tours around Paro Valley.
- Day 04: Trek from Drukgyel Dzong to Sharna Zampa (2850m) about 5 Hrs. walk
- Day 05: Trek from Sharna Zampa to Thangthangkha (3610m) about 7 Hrs. walk
- Day 06: Trek from Thangthangkha to Jangothang (4080m) about 6 Hrs. walk
- Day 07: Explore Day at Jangothang
- Day 08: Trek from Jangothang to Dhumzo (3800m) about 6 Hrs. walk
- Day 09: Trek from Dhumzo to Thombu Shong (4180m) about 5 Hrs. walk
- Day 10: Trek from Thombu Shong to Sharna Zampa (2850m) about 5 Hrs. walk
- Day 11: Trek from Sharna Zampa to Drukgyel Dzong about 6 Hrs. walk
- Day 12: Sightseeing Tours in Thimpu
- Day 13: Drive to Paro and Departure from Paro to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Rest Day in Kathmandu
- Day 15: Final Departure
US $3650.00 per person
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle in Nepal and Bhutan
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu.
- Kathmandu to Paro to Kathmandu flight
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- All the sightseeing tours and trekking in Bhutan with guide, necessary entrance fees and private vehicle.
- 03 star category deluxe accommodation in the tours and tented camp in trekking during your stay in Bhutan.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-Shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu but Bhutan air fare is already included (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
With the exception of travelers from India, Bangladesh and Maldives, all visitors to Bhutan require a visa. Visas are only issued when a confirmed booking through a Bhutanese or International tour operator has been made. All visa application must reach Bhutan at least 10 days prior to the intended arrival date. Bhutanese Embassies and missions abroad do not issue visa for entry to Bhutan. Upon entry to Bhutan, the visa is stamped into the passport.
Tours in Bhutan is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the mountains.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can't sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
Bhutan’s currency is the Ngultrum that is at par with the Indian rupee. It is however recommended that you carry traveler’s check or cash, preferably American Express and US dollar instead.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.