Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Jomsom Muktinath Trek takes you to the wonderland of the Himalayas, into the land of extremes that hosts world’s deepest gorge made by Kali Gandaki River, arid and semi-desert landscape in the rain shadow areas north of Annapurna region and the towns famous for speedy afternoon winds. Set your foot in the land displaying outstanding religious harmony, where Hindus and Buddhist worship Muktinath with the utmost respect, faith and harmony. Designed for the adventure seekers who carve for mysteries and adventure at the same time, Jomsom Muktinath Trek provides this opportunity to those explorers. Join this trek to visit the traditional villages, explore diverse cultures, traverse in the lush hills and valleys, and wander onto dry and rocky mountains.
Jomsom Muktinath Trek starts from Pokhara, the Lake City of Nepal, after an enriching and insightful sightseeing of the ancient heritage of Kathmandu valley manifested in the temples, palaces, monasteries, stupas, intricate carvings and architectural masterpieces. Flight to Jomsom, a town famous for contrasting landscape and windy afternoon, is the starting point of this trek. Trekking along the torrential Kali Gandaki River through the typical villages with mountain mud houses and colorful monasteries, you shall also pay visit to the sacred Muktinath temple. Exploring the apple orchards with world-famous apple of Marpha, trekkers also get to relax at the natural hot water springs in Tatopani believed to have some healing quality for the skin diseases such as acne. Besides these, witness the most famous sunrise and sunsets from Poon Hill over the Annapurna massif, Dhaulagiri, Fishtail Mountain and several other humongous peaks, experience the richness of diverse culture and lifestyle as well as vegetation, scenery and biodiversity. You get to visit the ancient caves and mysterious monasteries, desert-like Tibetan plateau, view of the high mountains of Himalayas without ascending to high altitude. This adventure terminates in the Pokhara city while the actual trekking begins at the town of Jomsom.
Jomsom Muktinath Trekking provides you with the insight to the heritages of Kathmandu valley with ancient and cultural importance besides the pre-historic heritages in the Mustang region. An easy to moderate trek, this trek is possible in almost every season due to its existence in the rain shadow area. However, March to May and September to December is the preferred season for trekking in this region. Join the team of Nepal Trekking Planner to explore the mystery and diversity of this trekking destination with professional service and meticulously planned itinerary. We make sure that you get the best out of this trek. Join Jomsom Muktinath Trekking to get the best of nature, mystery, cultural diversity and religious harmony. Go for Jomsom Muktinath Trekking!
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m) about 07 hrs
- Day 04: Fly to Jomsom (2720m) 25m and trek to Kagbeni (2800m) about 4 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Muktinath (3800m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Marpha (2660m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Kalopani (2530m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Tatopani (1190m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 09: Trek to Ghorepani (2780m) 6-7 hrs walk
- Day 10: Trek to Tadapani (2600m) via Poonhill (3210 m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 11: Trek to Ghandruck (1970m) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 12: Trek to Nayapul (1180m) 4-5 hrs walk and drive to Pokhara (820m) about 02 hrs
- Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu (1350m) about 7 hrs drive
- Day 14: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 15: Final departure
USD $999.00 per person(3 star category hotel in City)
USD $1199.00 per person(4 star category hotel in City)
USD $1399.00 per person(5 star category hotel in City)
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle (Both for Domestic and International flight)
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 02 night twin/double shearing accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist bus (if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Pokhara to Jomsom by flight with airport departure tax
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Salary,Insurance, Accommodation, Food, and other equipment
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals per day: breakfast, Lunch and Dinner as well as tea/coffee during the trekking
- first add kid box
- Eending point to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- All necessary entrance fees for the guided sightseeing tours in city
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Difficulties rating of Jomsom Muktinath Trek
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 5-6 hours per day carring a light weight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shakey so we recommend to use walking poles to feel more safe. Normally, maximum altitude of the trek is 3800m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks.
Safe drinking water on Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Jomsom Muktinath Trek
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekkers.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left any thing anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anythings outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Jomsom Muktinath Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Jomsom Muktinath Trek:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin tht is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.