Jomsom Muktinath Trekking takes you around Nepal Far North West on the ancient trail. Following an old Trans Himalaya Salt Trade and Caravan Route of Nepal and Tibet, where trade still exists in present days since bygone times.
Jomsom Muktinath short trek, allows travelers to witness amazing picturesque country, although a dry and barren landscapes. But with beautiful and charming surroundings of broken canyons with towering high eroded cliffs.
Besides, its windblown terrain Jomsom Muktinath trekking offers visit to impressive places, in a short duration of time. Exploring nice villages adorned with Buddhist monuments, where you travelers will be taken aback into medvial period.
This scenic and cultural Jomsom Muktinath trek itinerary, designed to capture all exciting and lovely places in a short time. Where travelers can feel and experience the culture and customs similar to the Tibetan way of traditional farm life, as it were for past centuries.
The main highlight of the Jomsom Muktinath short trek is a visit to Muktinath Temple and its scenic surrounding of spiritual importance for both Hindu and Buddhism followers.
Furthermore, Muktinath the highest spot of the adventure situated at an altitude above 3,800 m and 12, 467 feet high. Overlooking spectacular panorama of snow peaks, that includes Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tukuche with Nilgiri and Tilicho peaks towards the east.
Jomsom Muktinath Trekking begins from beautiful Pokhara, situated on a verdant valley. This scenic city is enclosed by tiers of rolling green hills dotted with farm villages and neat farm terraces.
Pokhara, a tourist paradise with close views of the Annapurna Himalaya Mountain range with Machhapuchare Himal, the famous Fish-Tail peak that reflects on the still, calm water of Phewa and Begnas Lakes.
From Pokhara, our exciting adventure starts with a panoramic short flight heading north-west to land at Jomsom, headquarter and administrative town of the whole Mustang area.
The walk takes you to visit the lovely villages of Marpha and Tukuche, famous for delicious apples of various species. These gem of a village located on Kali-Gandaki River valley facing stunning views of Dhaulagiri, Tukuche, and Nilgiri peaks.
Adventure Jomsom Muktinath trekking takes you through Jomsom to reach at interesting Kagbeni village. Situated at the end of Lower Mustang beyond Kagbeni lies Upper Mustang on the road to the Tibet border.
Enjoy a fascinating time exploring Kagbeni village of strong Tibetan influence and similar culture of Buddhism religion. From here journey heads towards the holy site at Muktinath, with climb past the windswept village of Jharkot to reach our final destination.
Muktinath, located on the higher side above Kali Gandaki River valley beneath the famous Thorang-La pass that forms a boundary between Mustang and Manang districts. Where popular Annapurna circuit route passes through Muktinath temple premises.
At Muktinath, besides superb views of Snow Mountains, a short climb takes you to visit inside the compound of Muktinath, where the main pagoda temple is located close to 108 water spouts.
Pilgrims, take bathe on this holy water before entering Muktinath temple, a serene spiritual surroundings for worship. For Hindu, it is one of the main Himalayan pilgrimage destination.
From this holy spot, Jomsom Muktinath short trek comes to an end as walk leads you down to wide windswept Kali Gandaki River Valley, to reach at Jomsom.
Where early morning scenic flight reach you at beautiful Pokhara city, to conclude the Jomsom Muktinath trek itinerary, after a most fascinating and exciting time on Jomsom Muktinath Trekking.
- Scenic valley, views of Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri and its ice-falls with Tukuche peaks
- Explore the lovely villages of Marpha and Tukuche adorned with age-old heritage
- Impressive country lower Mustang enriched with Buddhist religion and culture
- Walk into beautiful villages famous for delicious apples and warm hospitality
- On the pilgrimage trail to holy Muktinath within unique landscapes scenery
- Day 01: Drive to Pokhara 820 m - 06 hours journey and transfer to the hotel
- Day 02: Fly to Jomsom 2, 720 m, and trek to Marpha 2, 660 m-02 hours
- Day 03: Trek to Kagbeni 2,800 m via Jomsom town - 05 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Muktinath 3, 800 m- 03 hrs
- Day 05: Full Day at Muktinath for local hike and visit
- Day 06: Trek to Lupra village 2, 795 m - 04 hrs
- Day 07: Trek to Jomsom-03 hours and transfer to hotel, guest-house, lodge
- Day 08: Fly to Pokhara afternoon explore Pokhara city
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle (Both for Domestic and International flight)
- 02 nights Double/Twin shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by Tourist bus (if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Pokhara to Jomsom to Pokhara by flight
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment Luggage per porter carries about 20kg).
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- First add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trekking (Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- All necessary entrance fees for the guided sightseeing tours in city
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Jomsom Muktinath trek, provided with standard Itinerary days where some walks can be shorter or longer as per your physical fitness, some designated overnight stops can change, due to available rooms and other facilities, etc…….
We will follow the itinerary if it needs to be changed in case of weather, landslides, and difficulties on walks requiring more days where our leader and lead head guides decide holding full authority for Trekking Planner.
Climate & Weather:
Himalayan climate can be unpredictable sometimes even in good best seasons, where April and May to the first week of June will be the best time during spring times, when days are longer with enough sunlight hours.
Morning and night time as well in shade can be cold and much freezing temperatures around higher areas above 2,000 m.
Other months from September and October great times for treks around Lower Mustang and Kali-Gandaki Valley as well as other Himalayan destinations, most days are clear for views of mountains, although much colder months of autumn season with extreme cold during morning and night time, where sunlight is much shorter.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain entry visas from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get a visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya where all travelers and adventurers require to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with the Trekking Planner for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu.
Accommodations & Food:
On this Fossil Collection in Nepal trek, staying on the best available local lodge from the start to and end of fossil activities and walks, offers good meals as per your choice from a wide listed menu of the lodge serving from famous Nepalese Dal-Bhat to Continental with some Chinese, Tibetans and Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic, and fresh served in a large dining hall with a warm environment.
On local lodge, safe drinking water boiled and filtered for drinking.
Where all travelers require sound good health to join on all treks and climb around Nepal Himalaya with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain diseases.
Altitude Sickness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) might occur to some people at higher altitude from 3,000 m, taking slow and drinking much fluid and water can overcome from high altitude sickness or AMS.
Where some can take protective measures using Diamox or Acetazolamide tablets this prevent and reduce symptoms of AMS can lower headache in high altitude walks and climb.
For emergency evacuation where trekkers should be well insured with a good Insurance policy that covers all medical side and the use of Helicopter or other means of transportation.
But on this Jomsom Muktinath Trek, rare and less chances of getting altitude sickness with many easy days in one place to get acclimatize.
Where all travelers to Nepal Himalaya require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue to safe places and nearest hospitals.
For Fossil Collection in Nepal Trek, where all age groups from 10 to 60 years old can join in, this involves if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
Trekking Permits required or TIMS (Trekking Information Management Systems) or similar entrance for this treks includes ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) entrance fee as well.
Getting Into Nepal:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
At present nearly all villages and towns do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergencies.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with a small charge as per your time in Nepal.
On paying the full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on route treks like having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal, where the country with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with their own special interesting culture and custom.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments, and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by the helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Extra benefits like tips, is highly expected by crew members of trekking and on expeditions as traditions since tourism came in Himalayan countries.