Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Circuit Trekking is a circular trek around the Langtang region that combines the Langtang valley, Gosainkunda and Helambu trek. The main attractions of this trek are Langtang valley, Helambu valley, Holy Lakes of Gosainkunda, flora, and fauna of Langtang National Park.
This Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Trek offers you a sight full of plain forest, slow-moving rivers, and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs, and meadows strewn with daisies and wild Primus. Thousands of Hindu pilgrims trek to this place to pay homage to Lord Shiva and Gauri, especially during the early autumn season.
The Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Circuit Trekking is easily accessible from Kathmandu as the trek starts in the beautiful city of Kathmandu. Helambu, Gosaikunda, and Langtang all lie north of the capital city. This region is the third most popular trekking area in Nepal. Langtang valley is the valley of glacier surrounded by White Mountain and the stunning panorama of the mountain from this valley makes you think that you are in paradise. It also contains a wide range of habitats, from subtropical to alpine.
The valley offers pain forest, slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, rugged rock and snow-capped peaks, grassy downs and meadows strewn with daisies and wild Primus. Gosainkunda located at the altitude of 4300m is the holiest site for Hindu pilgrims. The lake at Gosaikunda is sacred to both Hindus and Buddhists and is a site of mass pilgrimage in August each year.
So on the way, you come in touch with the Hindu pilgrims. The views along the trail are beautiful – especially from Laurebinayak and the walk not very difficult, though there is a significant danger of AMS at this altitude. Helambu is the typical hill of Nepal near Kathmandu consisting mainly of Yolmo (Sherpa) people with some amount of Tamang people at the lower region. These three regions linked with a trekking route that anyone can join upon to explore and discover this mystical place of natural and cultural diversity. During the trail, you can witness its scenic beauty of Rhododendron forest along with the dazzling view of mountains.
In the upper part of the valley, there are snow bridges spanning angry torrents, high passes enveloped in mist, tiny lake with iceberg floating on them and water of crystalline brightness. There are also high mountains of slide ice. The course is varied- you encounter Lamas and see Gorpas (monasteries), Chorten (Stupas), and Mani stone (Prayer walls). Most of the ethnic groups believe in Buddhism. If you are in there in wintertime you will see their great festival call Loshar.
The highlights of Langtang Gosaikunda Helambu Circuit Trekking are numerous. This trek takes you through lush valleys covered with abundant flora and fauna through ups and downs in the hilly and mountainous terrains. Trekkers need above average physical fitness, mental endurance and ability to trek for around 5-6 hours on rough terrain. Come and join Trekking Planner right now as we are glad to operate this trek for you with our carefully designed itinerary to fit your schedules along with professional and quality service along the trek.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubensi (1460m) about 07 hrs drive
- Day 04: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Langtang Village (3330m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Kyangjing Gompa (3730m) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 07: Full day in Kyangjing Gompa
- Day 08: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 4-5 walk
- Day 09: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2210m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 10: Trek to Sing Gompa (3050m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 11: Trek to Gosainkunda (4380m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 12: Trek to Ghopte (3430m) via the pass (4610m) 6-7 hrs walk
- Day 13: Trek to Melamche Gaun (2530m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 14: Trek to Tarke Ghyang (2740 m) 4- 5 hrs walk
- Day 15: Trek to Sermathang (2590 m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 16: Shermathang to Melamche pul (870m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 17: Drive back to Kathmandu (1350m) 3-4 hrs drive
- Day 18: Final departure
→US $1250.00 per person
→Single Supplement US $130.00
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi and Melamche pul to Kathmandu by local bus (if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Langtang National Park and Shivapuri National Park entrance fee and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
A trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 3490m, so you should be careful about altitude risk. To get rid of it please walks slowly and has more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Langtang-Gosainkunda-Helambu Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Langtang-Gosainkunda-Helambu Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Langtang-Gosainkunda-Helambu Trek:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilets are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.