Langtang Valley Gosaikunda Trekking
Be a part of Langtang Valley Gosaikunda Trekking to travel through the Valley of Glacier which combines spectacular valleys and landscapes, rich vegetation of Langtang National Park, unique culture of ethnic Tamang community and 360 degree view of Langtang Lirung, Gangchenpo and Dorje Lakpa mountains. Ancient Kyanjin and Sing Gompas, challenging Lauribina Pass enveloped in mist, interesting villages, sacred Gosaikunda Lake believed to be formed by the trident of Lord Shiva, dense forest of rhododendron and alpine flowers make Langtang Valley Gosaikunda Trekking interesting destination. Get rewarded for your trekking in the region with alpine meadows, pristine lakes, and colossal peaks, varieties of ecosystems, untouched forest, massive glaciers and warm welcoming locals. All in all Langtang Valley Gosaikunda Trekking has a mix of natural diversity, sacred destination, varied landscape and peculiar cultures waiting for its guests.
Langtang valley Gosaikunda trekking combines trails of Langtang valley trek and Gosaikunda lake trek. Through traditional, ethnic villages and untouched forests on the way to the peaks of Langtang Lirung, we shall explore the trails in this adventure. We shall drive to the trailhead of Syabrubensi from Kathmandu and then begin trekking to the famous Lama Hotel through bamboo and oak forest, terraced fields accompanied by roaring Upper Trishuli River. Traverse ahead to the wonderful Ghodatabela village surrounded by forest of pine, hemlocks and rhododendron and then proceed to mystical Langtang village through cool shades of alpine forest. Explore the ancient Kyanjin Gompa and hike to the Kyanjin Ri before trekking back to Lama Hotel and heading on for Thulo Syabru. Travelling through Sing Gompa, we shall reach sacred Gosaikunda Lake across challenging Lauribina Pass and return back to sing Gompa after exploration of Gosainkunda and neighboring glacial lakes. Through the forest of oaks, firs and rhododendrons we shall reach Dhunche and then drive to Kathmandu for wrapping up our adventure. En route the Langtang Valley Gosaikunda Trekking slow moving rivers and swift mountain streams, snow bridges spanning angry torrents and lakes with crystalline brightness shall keep you entertained.
The third popular trekking route in Nepal after Annapurna and Everest region, Langtang Valley Gosaikunda Trekking has easy to moderate level of difficulty. It requires above average physical fitness and ability to walk for about 5-6 hours in hilly and mountainous terrain. March to May and September to December is the preferred season for trekking in this destination. Join our team of professionals to create memories of lifetime and experience the blend of wilderness, diversity and unique cultural ensembles.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle
- Kathmandu to Syabrubensi by local bus and Sundarijal to Kathmandu by private vehicle (if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Langtang National Park and Shivapuri National Park entrance fee and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Down jacket (for low temperature. A must for staying in a teahouse relaxed under 0C)
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries
Safe drinking water on Langtang Gosaikunda trek Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Garbage Disposal Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Langtang Gosaikunda trek You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Langtang Gosaikunda trek: All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water froze then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water. Toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet is outside your room and varies in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
Tea Houses On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.