Lower Manaslu Trekking
“To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon the verdant green hills is the most perfect refreshment.”
Lower Manaslu trek offers experience of moderate trekking, Historical tour, Pilgrimage tour, Agrotourism, and Community Based Home – Stay. Lower Manaslu trek also includes inside Manaslu region, which is most interesting areas of Nepal. A fantastic panoramic view of Mountain ranges from Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal mountain ranges can be seen. The gateway trail goes to upper Manaslu also, divided from the day second camp called Khanchok-Ghampesal to Arughat and towards along with Budi Gandaki river. This trek mainly promotes all home stay facility for the individual trekkers who has aims to visit and explore with local people, their culture and the taste of traditional organic products foods and beverages are even more attraction of this area.
The first day of the trek begins from Kathmandu with a 4-5 hours drive to Ghairung. Ghairung, where there is a famous temple named Himalaya Devi and thousands of devotees, gather there for special worshiping every year. The trail passes through the little hill where one can savor the natural vistas blended together with mountain massifs, Budhi Gandaki River and the adjacent hills one after another with little hamlets twinkling reflecting light from the tin roofs. This is how we reach Gorkha Bazaar where there are many places to visit especially the Gorkha Museum, Kalika temple, the cave of Guru Gorakhnath, the great sage. The next day we trek to Sirandada through curvaceous mountain roads overlooking Daraundi River. Sirandada is a hyolmo village and is situated at the hilltop.
The prime attraction of Sirandada is Nagepokhari, Dudhpokhari, Bhoteodar, Chima and the tea garden. This village is rich for medicinal herbs. The other day we go to Ghyachowk via Mathar village, then after lunch, we proceed to Barpak Village, also known as the village of late captain Gaje Ghale, mostly inhabited by ex-army men. This village is being facilitated by the community for electricity, internet, medical and hotels. The unique sloppy shape with clustered stone tile-roofed houses, stone built narrow alleys and panoramic view of Buddha Himal are the major attractions of Barpak. From Barpak, we head to Laprak via Basukang. Laprak is a typical Gurung village. Beautifully settled villages, warm and welcoming locals and their unique culture and traditions, traditional art and craftsmanship and wonderful views of snowcapped mountains are the highlight for the tourist in Lower Manaslu Trek which gives full satisfaction of their journey for lifetime experience. From there we come to Gyampesal via Nambai Kharka and Darche Danda.
There we end our trek with a drive back to Kathmandu.
All in all, Lower Manaslu Trekking is an extremely diverse, exciting and enthralling trekking expenditure for the backpackers who intend to go for a culturally rich yet adventurous trekking experience. Preferably March-June and September-November are the best seasons to trek in this region. If you have the urge to spend your holiday in such an exciting trekking trail, Lower Manaslu Trekking is the perfect option for you. Come to join us right now and go for Lower Manaslu Trekking!
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full Day Sightseeing Tours in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Kathmandu – Ghairung
- Day 04: Ghairung – Gorkha Bazaar
- Day 05: Excursion tour in Gorkha Bazaar
- Day 06: Gorkha Bazaar – Sirandada
- Day 07: Sirandada – Barpak
- Day 08: Barpak – Laprak
- Day 09: Laprak – Nambai Kharka
- Day 10: Nambai Kharka – Darche Danda
- Day 11: Darche Danda – Gyampesal
- Day 12: Gyampesal – Kathmandu
- Day 13: Final Departure from Kathmandu
USD $732.00 Per person
Single supplement USD $130.00
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03-night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB at Three-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and private vehicle.
- Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- One guide with the quality of English speaking, registered with a license, insured, salary, accommodation and all meals paid. Porter on your request.
- Accommodation in the simple tea houses during the Trekking days
- Three meals per day i.e. breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Tea or coffee is included during the trekking days.
- Safe drinking water and first aid kit box
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Meals during the Traveling time
- Personal Travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Guest personal expenses in the Trekking like (laundry and baggage charge, phone calls, bar and beverage bill, battery recharge, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Safe drinking water on Lower Manaslu Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Lower Manaslu Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits; normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Lower Manaslu Eco Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Lower Manaslu Eco Trekking
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilets are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm my Lower Manaslu Trekking?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.