North Kanchenjunga with Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking takes you high and beyond massive mountain range of Mt. Kanchenjunga, listed as world’s 3rd highest and Nepal second high mountains.
Where originally pronounced as Kanchendzonga means five jewels which related to its five main peaks of Kanchenjunga mountain range located Nepal Far North Eastern belt of Himalaya close to the border Sikkim (north east state of India) and Tibet beyond further north directions.
North Kanchenjunga -Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking a fabulous adventure that leads you to far and remote range at the end of Nepal Himalaya where few trekkers and adventurer seldom venture this unknown hidden country around Holung -Walungchung and Gola situated close on route to Eastern border of Tibet-China.
North Kanchenjunga -Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking a spectacular area with its outmost scenery of mountains, green valleys and high rolling hills with fast flowing glacial rivers in the harmony of impressive villages and its culture interwoven with Buddhism religion, where people of the region closely related to Tibetans across the border.
This wonderful adventure North Kanchenjunga -Lumba Sumba Trekking beginning with great panoramic flight facing alluring views of Himalayan peaks with Everest, Makalu and Kanchenjunga range to land at warmer south east of Nepal, where drive leads to alpine cooler hills past Ilam town with its vast tea-garden to reach our trekking starting point at Taplejung.
Walking into nice hill farm villages of moderate climate entering into forested areas on the main trail of Kanchenjunga north base camp for few days, and then our route diverts straight north into complete wilderness of high green hills covered within thick forest of rhododendron, magnolia, hemlocks, oaks, pines and fir tree lines.
As our adventure walks progress to reach at nice and impressive villages at Holung and Walungchung – Gola at the height of 3,200 m high, with time to explore its interesting places and villages enriched with Tibetan traditions and custom, from heading to cross over the highest point of the trek to traverse Lumba-Sumba at above 5,160 m pass, facing marvelous views of surrounding peaks and landscapes.
After a great adventure around remote villages of Walunchung-Gola where walk leads to much warmer areas back into well cultivated farm fields and villages to reach at Num, which is on route to Makalu base camp.
From Num where our wonderful trekking completes taking an exciting local jeep drive to reach around low warm Arun valley town at Tumlingtar for scenic sweeping flight back to Kathmandu, after a most rewarding adventure with enjoyable experience on North Kanchenjunga with Lumba 4Sumba Trekking.
- Adventure on Nepal Far Eastern Himalaya beyond Kanchenjunga Mountains
- Walk into most remote and isolated country on least ventured by other trekkers
- Within villages close to Tibet around Holung / Walungchung - Walanchung-Gola
- Explore North of Kanchenjunga enriched with rare and exotic flora and fauna
- Around hidden areas of Kanchenjunga within immense Buddhism colorful culture
- Impressive monasteries and villages with views of dramatic valley and mountains
- Cross high scenic Lumba-Sumba passes overlooking immense mountains views
- Walking into traditional farm villages towards Arun valley close to Makalu trail
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Fly to Bhadrapur 3000 m and drive to Ilam town - 04 hrs.
- Day 03: Drive to Sukhetar -04 hrs walk to Mitlung 921 m- 04 hrs
- Day 04: Trek to Chirwa 1,270 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Lungthang 1,576 m - 06 hrs
- Day 06: Trek to Holung / Walangchung-Gola 3,200 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 07: Rest day at Walangchung - Gola.
- Day 08: Trek to Lumba Sumba 4,450m - 08 hrs.
- Day 09: Cross over Lumba Sumba la 5,160m - 08 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Thudam 3,600m - 06 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Kharka 2,850m - 05 hrs
- Day 12: Trek to Chyamtang 2,190m - 07 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Hongoan 2,320 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Hatiya 1,585 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Gola 1,128 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Gadhi-Danda 1,180 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 17: Trek to Num 1,585 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 18: Drive to Tumlingtar for overnight in local Lodge.
- Day 19: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 20: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
- Day 21: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airports pick up drop by private vehicle
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle (entrance fees extra) Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Taplejung and Tumlingtar to Kathmandu by flight
- Kanchenjunga and Makalu Conservation Area Permit, Kanchenjunga and Makalu Special permit
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- Your cost includes insurance, wages, food and lodging for both your guide and porter. We take excellent care of our guides and porters; they are like family to us.
- First aid kit
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes/Boots.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
A trekkers have to pass Larka pass so trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 5215m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. Please be careful of frost bit and snow blindness. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekkers.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left any thing anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anythings outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin tht is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.