Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
Lumba Sumba pass Trek is a part of The great Himalaya trail trek in Nepal is one of the newly operated trekking routes in eastern part of Nepal covers Kanchenjunga and Makalu region. Lumba Sumba Trekking runs through the Kanchenjunga Conservation Area (KCA) and Makalu Barun National Park where Lumba Sumba Peak is taken as the main attraction. Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking area is not famous as the other popular Trekking routes of Nepal but you can experience wilderness, the real culture of several eastern Nepalese ethnic groups. Stunning Himalayan, spectacular Himalayan landscapes and lifestyle of Rai, Limbu, Sherpa, Gurung, Magar, Newar and Tamang ethnic groups. Lumba Sumba Trekking route goes through the Tamor and Arun rivers, alpine grassland, rocky projections, sub tropical pine forest and lower fertile beautiful greenery valleys. Trekkers can explore the natural beauty of the real Himalayan ranges, monasteries and temples as well as the people living together with harmony though from different ethnic groups. The tantalizing views of mountains will also make you to take a breath after different difficult high climb in Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking routes.
Trekking Planner organizes Lumba Sumba Pass Trek with reasonable price and provides a quality service. We use experience and qualified guide and porter and make sure their insurance and equipment ensure. We provide all possible help and guidelines to make your holiday enjoyable and hassle-free. We also offer customize treks and tours for individual and group.
USD $1945.00 per person
Single Supplement USD $200
- All airports pick up drop by private vehicle
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours with car and necessary entrance fees in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Taplejung and Tumlingtar to Kathmandu by flight
- Kanchenjunga and Makalu Conservation Area Permit, Kanchenjunga and Makalu Special permit
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Safe drinking water and first aid kid box
- Trekking Planner's sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps - if necessary.
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Difficulties rating of Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
A trekkers have to pass Larka pass so trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 5215m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. Please be careful of frost bit and snow blindness. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekkers.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left any thing anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anythings outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Lumba Sumba Pass Trekking
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin tht is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.