Makalu Base Camp Trekking, one of the most picturesque adventure destinations around Himalaya region, located Far North East of Nepal between high peaks of Kanchenjunga towards east with Mt. Everest in the west direction.
Amazing scenery of mountains, green hills to witness on walks towards Makalu base camp where adventure leads you from low warm sub-tropical temperatures of Arun Valley to cooler alpine areas with high hills and into scenic Barun Valley.
Barun valley a paradise for naturalist and as well for trekkers where 47 species of orchids, 67 species of valuable medicinal and aromatic plants are found with 25 of Nepal’s 30 varieties of rhododendron, 19 species of bamboo, includes 400 different species of bird life with rare and elusive wild animal from musk deer to snow leopards.
Besides its beautiful mountain views traditional villages enriched with medieval period villages of mixed custom and people around Makalu region is equally fascinating where walk leads into typical Nepalese hill villages.
Starting Makalu Base Camp Trekking, taking a sweeping scenic flight to land at warm sub-tropical areas of Arun Valley in Tumlingtar, an impressive town where exciting drive leads you on mid hills to commence our walking journey.
As trek proceeds into high green hills past remote farm villages and then into absolutely wilderness away from human habitations and villages, into cool dense forested areas then climbing up to reach over Kongma and Shipton-la passes to reach at scenic Barun valley.
Barun valley situated beneath high snowcapped peaks and high rocky cliff walls where walks head towards our final destination at Makalu base camp. Where panorama of close mountains views surprise and excites you.
At Makalu base camp the highest spot of the adventure enclosed by Baruntse, Chamling with east and western side flanks of world’s 5th highest Mt. Makalu which rises above 8,463 m and 27,766 ft high, first climbed by French Expedition way back in May 15th, 1955.
An awesome place with an opportunity for rare views of Mt. Everest the Eastern Khansung Face only seen from this scenic spot. Aafter a wonderful time and experience in perfect mountain wilderness heading back to Tumlingtar for flights to Kathmandu.
Makalu Base Camp Trekking a most mesmerizing adventure with enjoyable time that truly fascinates you on daily walks.
- Start from low warm areas of Arun River to scenic cooler Barun valley and at arctic zone
- At world’s fifth highest Mt. Makalu base camp within remorseless fields of ice and glaciers
- On hidden trail to beautiful Barun valley crossing high and scenic passes Shipton and Kongma-la
- Adventure around remote hills, valley of Nepal Far Eastern Himalaya within pure wilderness
- Constant views of snowcapped peaks with Makalu, Baruntse as far to Kanchenjunga Himalaya
- Explore remote villages of eastern Nepal enriched with varied culture and traditional custom
- Experience rare views of East (Khansung) Face of Mt. Everest from Makalu base camp
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
- Day 03: Fly to Tumlingtar 475 m (45 mins) drive to Num 1,485 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Seduwa 1,540 m- 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Tashi Gaon 2,135m - 04 hours.
- Day 06: Trek to Kongma Danda 3,556 m - 05 hours
- Day 07: Trek to Mumbuk 3,553 m - 06 hours
- Day 08: Trek to Nehe Kharka 3,760 m - 05 hours.
- Day 09: Trek to Shersong 4, 572 m - 05 hours.
- Day 10: Trek to Makalu Base Camp 4,812 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 11: Rest day at base camp for local exploration and hike
- Day 12: Trek to Yangle Kharka 3, 598 m - 06 hours.
- Day 13: Trek to Mumbuk - 05 hours.
- Day 14: Trek to Kongma Danda / Ridge - 05 hours.
- Day 15: Trek to Nawa Gaon via Tashi Gaon - 05 hrs.
- Day 16: Trek to Num via Seduwa - 05 hrs.
- Day 17: Drive to Tumlingtar for overnight in local Lodge.
- Day 18: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 19: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
- Day 20: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with and private vehicle (Entrance fees extra).
- Kathmandu to Bhadrapur to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment.
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after the trek
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more nights accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip;
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.