Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking leads you to the breathtaking adventure of a lifetime experience, a great and wonderful combination on Nepal’s North Mid Western Himalaya region within famous Gorkha district. Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking, an adventure into a perfect wilderness in the harmony of pristine natural surrounding hidden between massive peaks of Ganesh Himal known as Yangri and towering Manaslu (Kutang) range of Mid West Himalayan mountains. Besides awesome dramatic views of landscapes and mountains, the age-old culture and ancient heritage of traditional life of the people of high Manaslu and Tsum valley is totally captivating, where you can visit its lovely villages and monasteries of great interest on this fabulous Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking.
Adventure at first takes you to high beautiful areas of Tsum within ‘Valley of Happiness’ as translated from the Tibetan language which means “Beyul Kyimolung” certainly a beautiful and hidden exotic Himalayan destination, sandwiched between massive Ganesh Himal (Yangri) and Manaslu (Kutang) Himalaya range of peaks. Starting with an exciting overland drive from Kathmandu past Dhading and Gorkha districts to reach warmer valley in Arughat village, where our marvelous walks around Manaslu and Tsum Valley begins following the glacial Buri Gandaki River upstream. The walk leads from low warm semi-tropical climate to reach at cooler alpine areas past nice and interesting villages of Machhakhola-Philim-Jagat and Lokpa to enter the valley of happiness at Tsum. At Tsum with interesting scenic walks visit its heritage villages of colorful culture which is similar to Tibetan with Buddhism religion and tour of old Mu Gompa and Rachen Gompa (monastery) of immense interest.
After an enjoyable time at high Tsum Valley, walk leads back to join at Buri Gandaki River on the trail to high Manaslu valley towards Larke-La pass, the highest spot of the adventure above 5,215 m and 17, 110 ft high with a sweeping panorama of snow clad high peaks. The walk follows through a beautiful alpine woodland of tall rhododendron-pines-oaks and fir tree lines past interesting villages of Namrung-Lho and towards Samagaon, where tree lines decline for short high alpine juniper and rhododendron (azalea) bushes on this arctic cold terrain. The culture and age-old traditional life around high Manaslu similar to the people of Tsum of strong Tibetan influence, which is a mere distance to the border of Nepal and Tibet from Samdu and Samagaon, from here adventure lead towards more dry and arid landscapes at Larke Phedi (bottom).
Adventure leads to a scenic and steep climb to reach the top of Larke-La offering amazing scenery of surrounding hills and mountains, and soon our walk ends joining the trail at Manang areas to follow the Marsyangdi River downstream to lower warm areas. Concluding this mesmerizing and overwhelming adventure Manaslu Tsum Valley Trekking with an exciting drive back to Kathmandu after a glorious and memorable journey around Nepal North Mid West Himalaya.
- Panoramic views of Annapurna-Lamjung-Manaslu and Ganesh Himal on this marvelous walks
- Exceptional scenery of dramatic landscapes of beautiful terrain with rolling green hills and mountains
- Explore traditional villages of Buddhism religion and interesting monasteries enriched with culture
- Trekking on high Manaslu and Tsum the Valley of Happiness with sweeping Himalayan panorama
- On route old Trans-Himalayan Salt / Caravan Trail of Nepal and Tibet within high and scenic Manaslu
- Adventure of great dramatic combination within remote Nepal's North Mid Western Himalaya region
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02:Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
- Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola (730 m/2,395 ft) via Arughat (570m/1870ft) 7-8 hrs drive
- Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola (930 m / 3,051 ft0 - 06 hrs. walk
- Day 05: Trek to Dobhan (1,070 m / 3,510 ft) via Tatopani (Hot Spring) - 06 hrs. walk
- Day 06: Trek to Philim (1,570 m / 5,151 ft) 06 hrs. walk
- Day 07: Trek to Lokpa (2,240 m / 7,349 ft) - 05 hrs. walk
- Day 08: Trek to Chumling (2,386 m / 7,828 ft) - 06 hrs. walk
- Day 09: Trek to Chhokangparo (3,031 m / 9,944 ft) - 06 hrs. walk
- Day 10: Trek to Nele (3,361 m / 11,027 ft) via Rachen Gompa -05 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Mu Gompa (3,700 m / 12,139 ft) -04 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Chhokangparo (3,031 m / 9,944 ft) -06 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Lokpa (2,240 m / 7,349 ft) -06 hrs. walk
- Day 14: Trek to Bihi Phedi (1,990 m / 6,529 ft) -06 hrs. walk
- Day 15: Trek to Namrung (2,630 m / 8,629 ft) - 05 hrs. walk
- Day 16: Trek to Lho (3,180 m /10,433 ft) -05 hrs. walk
- Day 17: Trek to Samagaon (3,530 m / 11,581 ft) -05 hrs. walk
- Day 18: Trek to Samdo (3,690 m / 12,106 ft) - 04 hrs.walk
- Day 19: At Samdo rest day for acclimatization and local excursion.
- Day 20: Trek to Dharamashala (4,470 m /14,665 ft) - 05 hrs. walk
- Day 21: Cross Larke La (5,215 m / 17, 110 ft) and trek to Bhimthan (3,790 m) -07 hrs. walk
- Day 22: Trek to Tilje (2,300 m / 7,546 ft) -06 hrs. walk
- Day 23: Trek to Tal (1,725 m / 5,659 ft) -05 hrs.
- Day 24: Trek to Baundanda (1,250 m / 4,101 ft) -06 hrs. walk
- Day 25: Trek to Bhulbhule 840m / 2,755 ft 2 hrs and drive to Kathmandu -07 hrs.
- Day 26: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- 03 nights twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours with private vehicle in Kathmandu
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Arughat and Bhulbule to Kathmandu public transport(if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area Permit and Special permit for Manaslu and Tsum Valley Area
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after trek
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay a departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in the city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Trekkers have to pass Larka pass so trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 5215m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walks slowly and has more water and avoids alcoholic drinks. Please be careful of frost bit and snow blindness. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge a small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for the protection of the environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on the Trek
Hydroelectricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge a small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute balloons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask to every trekker.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left anything anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anything outside at night.
Use a dustbin and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits; normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Manaslu Tsum Valley Trek
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in a bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get a warm bowl of water.
Toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically, the toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. Simple rooms usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- Sleepy but can’t sleep
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to dress warmly as per weather conditions, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under the following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.