Mardi Himal Trekking a great way to spend a your holiday adventure within high Annapurna Himalaya range with amazing experience walking right at the bottom of towering peaks of Machhapuchare ‘Fish-Tail’ and Mardi Himal.
A great enjoyable walk from start to an end of the trek, adventure begins from picturesque Pokhara city set in a beautiful location of high snow capped mountains of Annapurna and Machhapuchare with rolling green hills and serene lakes.
Walk commence after a short drive towards mid hills and then entering into lovely forest laden with tall rhododendron-oaks and pines tree lines in spring time the hills are alive, when wild-flowers are in full bloom especially the rhododendron of different species (national flower of the country).
Adventure continues towards high ridges covered within green woods and with overnight stops in nice lodge facing views of snow-clad peaks of Annapurna and Manaslu range.
On leaving main human settlement and villages of Gurung natives of Annapurna region, then into complete wilderness of mountains where tree lines fades on reaching our high destination at Mardi Himal base camp, situated right beneath towering South Face of magnificent Machhapuchare Himal the famous Fish-Tail peak.
Enjoy awesome and super panorama of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri to Manaslu range of mountains then downhill to road-head within low warm farm areas for short drive back to Pokhara, after fabulous time and adventure on Mardi Himal Trekking.
Short Information of the area Mardi Himal:
Mardi Himal was exposed to the world by Col Jimmy Roberts and Mike Cheney when they explored the area looking for new fresh route around Annapurna region and discovered this beautiful spot of Mardi Himal.
Mardi Himal was christened as ‘Other Sanctuary’ by early pioneers and explorer after Annapurna Sanctuary. Western Mountaineers first noticed this mountain by photographs of Basil Good fellow, taken in 1953.
It was climbed to its summit by a route on its east flank by Jimmy Roberts with two Sherpa. As seen from the south, Mardi Himal terminated the Southwest ridge of Mt. Machhapuchare as a distinct and separate mass, at right angles to that ridge.
On Mardi Himal South West Face are three well-defined ridges rising from rock buttresses and separated by hanging glaciers. It is the most southerly of these is said to have been climbed, but no such details has been recorded.
Mardi Himal East Face separated from Mt. Machhapuchare ridge by col (circa 5,200m/17,060ft). Located approximately 45 k.m. / 15 miles north of Pokhara as the crow flies.
Mardi Himal with two main routes to reach its base camp the other east route from Lwang, Dhiprung via Mardipul to reach at Simre Kharka, Khorchon and towards the base of Mardi Himal, where this route does not have lodge facilities requires camping facilities.
Main and popular route at present, as set and planned the itinerary from Potana and Deurali to Mardi Himal North West Base Camp.
- On least ventured hidden path to high Mardi Himal facing grand mountain views
- Enjoy walks within serene alpine woodland of tall rhododendron and pine trees
- Daily fantastic scenery with green hills and white snow peaks of great contrast
- Start and end at picturesque Pokhara a famous city bless with natural beauty
- Walk beneath towering peaks of Machhapuchare (Fish Tail) and Mardi Himal
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Drive / Fly to Pokhara 860 m (30 mins on air) 6 hrs overland.
- Day 03: Drive to Kande walk to Deurali 2,145 m via Thulo Kharka (Australian Camp) - 02 hrs drive with 04 hrs treks.
- Day 04: Trek to Kokar Forest camp 2,520 m Deurali 2,145 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Low Camp 2,970 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to High Camp 3,700 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 07: At High Camp for hike to Mardi Himal base camp above 4,500 m.
- Day 08: Trek to Low Camp for overnight stop - 04 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Siding village 1,750m - 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek and drive to Pokhara 850 m 02 hrs rides.
- Day 11: Drive or fly back to Kathmandu afternoon free at leisure.
- Day 12:Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant
- 02 night twin/double sharing accommodation in BB in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- safe drinking water and first add kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- Pokhara to Phedi and Sidang village to Pokhara by private vehicle
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary. We can help you arrange extra nights accommodation.
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column