Muktinath helicopter tour one of the most fascinating and scenic trips, truly an adventure of a life-time experience where chopper takes you around beautiful areas of Mustang within Nepal Far West Himalaya.
Muktinath Pilgrimage on helicopter will be an amazing journey of few hours that takes you between massive mountain range of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri which is listed as world’s tenth and seventh highest peaks.
The word ‘Muktinath’ literally means ‘Salvation or Liberty’ relives you from birth cycle or frees you away from bad and evil / wrong doing, where Hindu pilgrims from all over Nepal and India pays homage every year in large numbers defying high altitude and Himalayan arctic freezing temperatures.
The main flow of pilgrims comes to free from chain of life cycle and as well to relinquish the sin of a hundred life times.
Muktinath adorned with religious ancient temples of impressive monuments and its famous old 108 water spouts which is one of the source of Kaligandaki River, the temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu one of the three main Gods of Hindu religion (Brahma, Shiva and Vishnu).
At Muktinath, where visitors and pilgrims can witness great natural elements in miraculous form of flickering blue flames of natural methane gas burn on water, stone and earth as an offering, said to have been first lighted by Brahma, the Hindu creator of universe.
The story of Muktinath and the purity goes back into antiquity of more than 2,300 years, where both Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims comes for pilgrimage to observe the sight of natural power and as well on walks pilgrims search along Kaligandaki River valley, for black glossy fossils called Shaligram (ammonite), found in abundance around Kaligandaki River banks.
On the outside they look like small rounded rocks but split open they reveal the imprint of ammonites formed past more than 140 million years, due to its wheel-like shapes of slug imprint associated with Hindu God Lord Vishnu.
This interesting muktinath helicopter tour starts early morning from scenic Pokhara blessed with Annapurna Mountains and Machhapuchare ‘Fish Tail’ peaks and lakes, where Helicopter lifts high above Pokhara valley heading towards Far North West.
As air journey continues flying above green high hills covered with dense rhododendron and pine trees facing incredible views of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountain range heading above Kaligandaki River valley (regarded as world’s deepest gorge), finally flying above arid and windswept country of Mustang.
A refreshing break at Jomsom, headquarter of Mustang with an airport and then flying over Kaligandaki valley to land near Holy Muktinath Temple premises.
At Muktinath temple homage and prayer in the main Muktinath temple after taking a bath or washing on icy 108 water spouts, then enter the main temple complex and visit around other temples and monasteries of importance to Hindu and Buddhist religions.
After a spiritual journey and tour around holy Muktinath fly back to Pokhara with mesmerizing journey of Holy Muktinath Pilgrimage on Helicopter.
- Scenic helicopter flights in between massive Annapurna and Dhaulagiri mountains
- Pilgrimage to Muktinath one of holiest of all holy places within Himalaya range
- High and scenic Mustang area on old Trans-Himalayan Salt Trade Route to Tibet
- Explore lovely Mustang villages enriched with old traditional culture of Buddhism
- Impressive monasteries and trail decorated with impressive prayer walls and bells
- Walk on high windswept-dry and arid country within beautiful landscapes
- Grand views of snowcapped peaks of Dhaulagiri-Nilgiri’s and Mustang Himal
- Morning Flight to Jomsom 2,700 and to high Muktinath 3,780 m - 4 hrs:
- Transportation to Kathmandu/Pokhara domestic airport from the hotel and back.
- Our vehicle will be at your disposal waiting at the airport till you need for the transfer.
- Heli flight with pack breakfast or breakfast in Lukla (time permitting) with lunch on route either at Gorakshep-Thyangboche or at Namche at pilot discretions.
- Applicable permits for the flight with ACAP permit / TIM (Trekking Information Management System) if required.
- Service of guides on Heli Tour, daily wages-medical insurance, meals and other allowance.
- Comprehensive medical kits and First Aid Kit (for precaution against accidents and sudden illness.
- Nepal Visa-International airfare-personal travel and medical insurance.
- Expenses of personal nature, gratitude (tips) hard / soft and other major drinks throughout the flight and in Kathmandu.
- Personal gear for the day ride (down jackets and personal belongings) medical kit.
- Emergency evacuation and breaking away from the proposed duration flight where refund will not be entertained, however office will issue a letter to claim from your valid insurance
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes/Sports shoes
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- Hand gloves
- Sun glasses
- Water bottle
- Down Jacket
- Camera and batteries