The Royal Trekking is the best trek for those who want to experience village life and striking mountain views in a relatively short period of time. The entire trek is rather easy with occasional up and downhill hikes along the ridges and valleys without having to worry about altitude and acclimatization as the maximum ascent on this trek is Syaglung at 1425 meter. Royal Trek overall covers very normal elevation about 1500m but offers awe-inspiring panoramic views of snow-clad mountain peaks. This trek is recommended to those who seek real natural experience up close with the magnificent views of the Himalayas.
The Royal Trek is one of the famous and easiest treks in the Annapurna region. The trek has been named the Royal Trek as Britain’s Prince Charles Walked it in the 1980s. This short trek follows a shrub-like path along the foothills of Annapurna, north of the Pokhara valley. From there we start our trek with a bus ride to Bijaypur, this off the main trekking route of Annapurna region, conquering the height of 1,730m, finishes 5 km away from Pokhara. This trek gives you an amazing experience throughout the whole route as it gives you an experience and learning must escape from the poverty of the generation and keep them alive. The Annapurna Skyline Royal trekking route passes through forests, terraced farmlands, amazing turquoise lakes and the beautiful settlement of Brahmin, Chhetri, Gurung, and Magar community offering the experience of their mixed culture and lifestyle that has remained unchanged for years.
Begnas Lake is the ending point of the royal hiking in the Annapurna region. The regions are so unspoiled as to have no tea houses, and we will need to camp. As you hike the terraced farmlands your eyes behold the magnificent Annapurna range, Machapuchhre [fishtail peak] and the Langtang Mountains that give you a view of nature’s beauty at its best. The trip ends with a 7-hour bus ride to Kathmandu from Pokhara. Royal Trek is basically recommended for beginners or those who have very limited time but yet looking for an opportunity to squeeze in an experience of a trekking holiday in the Himalaya.
This trek is especially suitable for beginners and elderly people. However, there is also an option to extend a cultural tour of Kathmandu, Pokhara & Chitwan by combining. Furthermore, we recommend April to mid-June and September to November as the best time to go for this trek. The trek is fully customized so that you can get the panoramic view of the Annapurna range with Fishtail Mountain and Lamjung Himal range. Join Trekking Planner now to be part of this spectacular Royal Trek to get the thrills of Nepal’s diverse ecological beauty.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (820m) about 07 hrs drive
- Day 04: Drive to Bijayapur and Trek to Kalikasthan (1243m) about 5 hrs walk
- Day05: Trek to Shaklung (1730m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day06: Trek to Chisopani (1260m) 4-5 hrs walks
- Day07: Trek to Begnas Bazar and drive to Pokhara
- Day 08: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Day 09: Final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB at Three star hotel in Kathmandu
- 02 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Kathmandu by deluxe tourist bus (if you want both way flight or private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- One guide with the quality of English speaking, registered with license, insured, salary, accommodation and all meals paid. Porter on your request.
- Accommodation in the simple tea houses during the trekking days
- Three meals per a day i.e. breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. Tea or coffee is included during the trekking days.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Pokhara to Starting point and ending point of trek to Pokhara by private vehicle
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Guest personal expenses in the Trekking like (laundry and baggage charge, phone calls, bar and beverage bill, battery recharge, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Suggested Equipment list for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag that is to be returned after the trip)
- Day pack
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandals
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Warm fleece jacket or puffy jacket
- Waterproof Gore-Tex layer
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good quality socks
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of underwear (non cotton preferred)
- Sun glasses
- Down jacket (for low temperature. A must for staying in a teahouse relaxed under 0C)
- Water bottle
- 4 season sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it. It is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries
Safe drinking water on Royal Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items on Royal Trekking
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, iPod, phone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adaptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits; normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Royal Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Royal Trekking
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason.
Toilets are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilets are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.