The Mt. Everest or Solukhumbu region is the most popular trekking situated in the lap of himalayan region of Nepal. Everest Trek would probably be the most popular destination, but it is more difficult to get to Solukhumbu than to the Annapurna area. To do Slow and Easy Trekking in Everest area you must have to fly to Lukla (about 35 min), a remote mountain airstrip. It is possible to do trekking in Nepal all around the year but due to the flight Feb to May and Sept to Dec is the best time of the year for this trek. But we do organize during all season.
The occasional flight operates to Lukla during the monsoon, and the summer can be a lovely time to visit this trek. The best weather is in autumn, but it can frightfully crow. There is a bit cold and occasional rain during spring, but the weather is warmer and the days are longer than autumn. It can be bitterly cold in winter as soon as the sun drops behind the mountain.
Trekking Planner organizes all types of trekking activities in the Everest area with reasonable price. The trip covers the most popular cultural and historical sites of Nepal. We provide all possible help and guidelines to make your holiday memorable and hassle-free. We also offer to customize treks and tours for individual and group travelers.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m)
- Day 02: full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla (2828m) 35min and trek to Ghat (2590m) about 03 hrs walk
- Day 04: Trek to Monjo (2840m) about 4 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 06: Rest day in Namche Bazaar
- Day 07: Trek to Thame (3800m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Khumjung (3780m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 09: Trek to Tengboche (3860m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3440m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 11: Trek to Phakding (2780m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 12: Trek to Lukla (2828m) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 13: Fly to Kathmandu (1350m) 35min
- Day 14: full day in Kathmandu
- Day 15: final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment.
- Twin/Double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trek.
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Travel and emergency rescue insurance.
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive.
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Slow and Easy Trekking in Everest
A trekker or walker who is able to hike normally 5-6 hours per day carring a light weight backpack will be very fit enough to do this trekking. There are stone step up and down which are very uneven and due to some long descents your leg may feel shakey so we recommend to use walking poles to feel more safe. Normally, maximum altitude of the trek is 3860m, so you should be more careful about your health and altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and other drinks.
Safe drinking water on Slow and Easy Trekking in Everest
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On the Trek
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Slow and Easy Trekking in Everest
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Slow and Easy Trekking in Everest:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin tht is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.