Langtang National Park is one of the most beautiful areas for Nepal Trekking. Not as popular, and therefore not as crowded, as some of the better-known regions, this area is rich in culture as well as fabulous mountain scenery. Spring and autumn is the best time to visit with clear air after the winter and monsoon early wildflowers in the lower reaches. The area is still very heavily wooded with mixed forests lower down and then pines higher up. Above Thulo Syabru is a wonderful region of mixed oak and hemlock, and hardly a person around. Slow and Easy trekking in Langtang takes you up through a huge, U-shaped glacial valley to Kyanjin Gompa which is surrounded by towering snowy peaks. There is a possibility to trek up the valley further as a day-trip to wonderful viewpoints above the village. On this area you can make the short and long trek, longer trek includes a climb over the Gosainkund Pass which is above a pilgrimage site with little temples dotted around a lake at 4,300 m. The pass, at 4,600 m is not as extreme as on some other treks so I would classify this trek as medium-hard. It’s actually easier than the Everest Base Camp trek. We make the plan on your interest, fitness and look after you very much. The given Itinerary is rough (outline Itinerary). I will be on the trekking with you, so any time we can change it.
For Slow and Easy trek in Langtang, we should have to be well prepared by Suggested equipment. Our Slow and Easy Trekking Packages includes meals, accommodation, and safe drinking water etc. Langtang Trekking can do any time of the year and we also organize during all season. But March to May and Sept to Dec is the main trekking season. Trekking Planner provides a quality of service with reasonable price with a Flexible itinerary.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmanu
- Day 03: Drive to Syabrubensi (1460m) about 07 hrs drive
- Day 04: Trek to Bamboo (1960m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Langtang Village (3330m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Kyangjing Gompa (3730m) 3-4 hrs walk
- Day 08: Full day in Kyangjing Gompa
- Day 09: Trek to Lama Hotel (2340m) 4-5 walk
- Day 10: Trek to Thulo Syabru (2210m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 11: Trek to Dhunche (2030m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 12: Drive back to Kathmandu (1350m) 6-7 hrs drive
- Day 13: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 14: Final departure
US $1050.00 per person
Single Supplement US $200.00
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 04 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with all necessary entrance fee and privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Syabrubesi to Kathmandu by Local bus (if you want either way private vehicle also available on additional cost).
- Langtang National Park Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- 01 guide, English speaking, licensed insured, registered, salary, food and accommodation paid
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Double/twin shearing accommodation during the trekking in the mountain
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- Safe drinking water and first add kid box
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Trekking Bag pack.
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Slow and Easy Trekking in Langtang
A trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 3730m , so you should be careful about attitude risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Slow and Easy Trekking in Langtang
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On the Trek
Hydro electricity or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-14 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Slow and Easy Trekking in Langtang
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Slow and Easy Trekking in Langtang:
All the guest houses offers hot showers, which can be in bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge have some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozen then ask your guide to get warm bowl of water.
Toilet is mainly Asian squat style. Basically, the toilet is outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually have two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.