Student Holiday in Nepal, a perfect educational destination for all school and college groups with exciting knowledgeable tour and adventure, as this marvelous trip takes you around historical, cultural, and scenic places that are listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
During past decades Trekking Planner has organized many types of educational holiday trips visiting rural hill village schools and around Kathmandu valley suburbs for social work and volunteering at most needy village schools.
On this marvelous Student Holiday in Nepal, we have included the most exciting and interesting places, so that students can get enough excellent knowledge from local culture, history to traditional simple farm life.
Besides religion and custom of ancient heritage sites, where school and college groups can enjoy spectacular views of the Himalayan High Mountain range, along with stunning sunrise.
Student Holiday in Nepal, a great combination and exciting Himalayan journey that allows both students and teachers to enjoy trekking, jungle safari, and visit of historical and cultural places.
Our first phase of this exciting educational holiday starts in Kathmandu visiting historical and cultural places of both great Hindu and Buddhism religions that blend perfectly well in Nepal.
After an interesting tour around Kathmandu valley three main cities with Kathmandu, Patan / Lalitpur, and Bhaktapur, our next adventure takes you beyond Kathmandu valley to reach the beautiful and picturesque city in Pokhara.
Pokhara, located on a verdant valley with calm lakes surrounded by tiers of green hills, facing a magnificent panorama of Annapurna and Manaslu Himalaya Mountain range with majestic Machhapuchare Himal, the famous Fish Tail peak.
At scenic Pokhara, with time to enjoy natural wonders from sunrise, cascading water-falls to deep caves and views of high snow-capped peaks, from Pokhara starts our next adventure heading towards high green hills.
The walk takes you to a steep climb for few hours to enter farm hill villages and within an enchanting forest of tall rhododendron, magnolia, pine, oaks, and fir trees to reach at Ghorepani, located beneath scenic viewpoint Poon Hill.
Next early morning an hour hike reach you on top highest spot of the adventure at above 3,210 m high where you can enjoy a striking sunrise over a 360-degree wide panorama of snow-mountain range.
Includes views of the world three tallest peaks 7th high Mt. Dhaulagiri 8,167 m, 10th high Mt. Annapurna-I at 8,091 m (the first 8,000 m mountains ever climbed in 1950 by French Expeditions, before Mt. Everest was conquered) with 8th highest Mt. Manaslu 8,163 m high.
Ghorepani village and Poon Hill located amidst beautiful rhododendron forest surroundings, in spring this scenic location turns into a paradise with wild-flowers in full bloom season, especially the rhododendron and magnolia flowers.
After Ghorepani and Poon Hill, an easy downhill walk to reach Pokhara, where the route leads into the lovely hill village of Ghandruk, where visitors can explore the typical farm village of Gurung people, the main hill tribe of Annapurna Himalaya.
Last day walk takes you to Pokhara after an enjoyable time at Ghorepani and Ghandruk villages soaking in local custom of great cultural interest, after Pokhara adventure heads down south within sub-tropical dense jungles at Chitwan National Park.
A different aspect for visitors to Nepal from high hills and mountains to tropical warm climatic country in a short distance time, Chitwan National Park is listed as the best park in Asia for its dense green environment with various species of wild-life.
Where travelers can enjoy exciting wild-life thrill with jungle safari on elephant backs, on the lookout for rare endangered Royal Bengal Tiger, Rhinoceros, and other mammals with exotic bird-life.
Chitwan National Park, besides wild-life safari, it is also an educational place for botanist and zoology students to study various plants and herbs as well animals life.
From Chitwan, our marvelous and exciting holiday comes to near-complete heading back to Kathmandu, with time to visit around rural farm town and village school for short social and volunteer works, where one can gain of the local traditions and custom of Nepalese people.
- A perfect educational holiday around scenic and beautiful Annapurna Himalaya
- Explore rural farm villages adorned with age-old heritage and colorful culture
- An impressive tour of historical, religious, and cultural around world heritage sites
- From scenic city to high Himalayan green hills facing amazing mountain views
- Striking sunrise over series of Himalayan peaks from high Poon Hill and Sarankot
- From high Himalayan hills to low tropical jungles for exciting wild-life safari
- Day 01: Arrival at Kathmandu airport 1,320 m / 4,355 feet, transfer to hotel
- Day 02: A day in Kathmandu tour of Kathmandu Durbar Square, Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath and Bouddhanath Stupa
- Day 03: Tour of Patan and Bhaktapur city
- Day 04: Drive to Pokhara 820 m / 2,690 feet - 220 kms distance takes 6 hour
- Day 05: Full day tour in Pokhara with sunrise trip to Sarankot Hill
- Day 06: Drive and trek to Tirkhedhunga 1,570 m / 5, 150 feet-05 hrs
- Day 07: Trek to Ghorepani 2,780 m/ 9, 121 feet- 06 hrs
- Day 08: Hike to Poon Hill 3,210 m / 10,531 feet and trek to Tadapani 2, 660 m / 8, 727 feet - 06 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to Ghandruk Village 1,990 m / 6, 529 feet- 04 hours
- Day 10: Trek and drive back to Pokhara-04 hours (walks and drive)
- Day 11: Drive to Chitwan and transfer to your hotel, Jungle Lodge-05 hrs
- Day 12: Jungle activities with elephant safari at Chitwan National Park
- Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu- 05 hrs
- Day 14: Visit rural village school for social work around Kathmandu valley
- Day 15: Depart Kathmandu for international departure homeward bound
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant
- Twin/double sharing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- 02 nights/03 days safari activities on full board in Chitwan national park
- Guided sightseen tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara with private vehicle (entrance fees are extra)
- Kathmandu to Pokhara to Chitwan to Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Pokhara to Trek starting point and from Trek ending point to Pokhara by private vehicle
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- We provide an assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, lunch and dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First aid kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and in Pokhara
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra nights’ accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary. We can help you arrange extra nights accommodation.
- Your personal expenses such as (laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Student Holiday in Nepal, provided with standard Itinerary days where some days walks can be shorter or longer as per your physical fitness, some designated overnight stops can change, due to available rooms and other facilities, etc…….
We will follow the itinerary if it needs to be changed in case of weather, landslides, and difficulties on walks requiring more days where our leader and lead head guides decide holding full authority for Trekking Planner.
Best Season for Student Holiday in Nepal:
Nearly all months of the year except June to August (monsoon and summer season a wet rainy times), the best time March to May when wildflowers are in full bloom especially the rhododendron of various species from trees to bush on treks.
September to October with December to February around Autumn/fall and winter seasons, a favorable time for clear blue sky with excellent views of the mountain range, however cold in the morning and night time with chances of snow on higher altitude with short sunlight hours.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain an entry visa from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get a visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya where all travelers and adventurers requires to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with the Trekking Planner for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu.
Accommodations & Food:
On this short treks staying on the best available local lodge from the start to an end of treks and in nice hotels at Pokhara, offers good meals as per your choice from wide listed menu of the lodge serving from famous Nepalese Dal-Bhat to
Continental with some Chinese, Tibetans and Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic, and fresh served in a large dining hall with a warm environment.
On local lodge, safe drinking water boiled and filtered for drinking.
Where all travelers require sound good health to join on all treks and climb around Nepal Himalaya with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain diseases.
On this trek no big problem of catching AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) or high altitude symptoms, as the walk takes you to slow gain in elevation where high altitude gain is only at Ghorepani and on top Poon Hill just for a day, and then on downhill most of way back to end the trek at Pokhara at the height of 860 m high.
Around Nepal Himalaya the quickest emergency evacuation using Helicopter services to bring the victims back to Kathmandu and for further treatments if required.
For emergency evacuation where trekkers should be well insured with a good Insurance policy that covers all medical side and the use of Helicopter or other means of transportation.
Where all travelers to Nepal Himalaya require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue to safe places and nearest hospitals.
For this exciting educational Student Holiday in Nepal, where students and teachers from 12 to 60 years will be allowed and this involves if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
TIMS Card and Annapurna Conservation Area Project entry fees:
TIMS (Trekking Information Management Systems) or similar permits for this treks include ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) entrance fee as well.
Getting Into Nepal:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
At present nearly all villages and towns do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergencies.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with small charges as per your time in Nepal.
On paying the full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on route treks like having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal, where the country with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with their own special interesting culture and custom.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments, and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by the helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Tipping is highly expected by crew members of trekking and on expeditions as traditions since tourism came in Himalayan countries.