Nepal is a multicultural country which lies on South Asia between India and China. It is rich in Culture and Nature and history. From this trek, you will be able to learn about the culture, history, and arts of Nepal and Tibet also. This trek begins from Kathmandu. It is the capital city of Nepal which offers UNESCO world heritage site; old Durbar square, Hindus temple, and Buddhist stupa. Tibet is such a nice place for Buddhist lovers which offer their traditional lifestyle. Lhasa, is the “Holy-Land”, the capital of Tibet, it has a long history more than 1300 years. The people and their culture and history are very interesting. We will provide you with an informative guide for all the tours.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive Kathmandu (1300 m)-Nyalam (3750 M.): (5-6 Hrs.): 156 Km
- Day 04: Drive Nyalam-Lhatse (43050 M.): (7 Hrs.): 244 Km.
- Day 05: Drive Lhatse-Shigatse (3900 M.): (7-8 Hrs.): 244 Km.
- Day 06: Drive Shigatse-Gyantse (3900 M.): (2 Hrs.): 90 Km.
- Day 07: Drive Gyantse-Lhasa (3650 M.): (7-8 Hrs.): 259 Km.
- Day 08: Tour to Sera Monastery, Jorkhang Temple & Barkhor Marke
- Day 09: Sightseeing Tour to Potala Palace & Drepung Monaster
- Day 10: Lhasa-Kathmandu
- Day 11: Full day in Kathamndu
- Day 12: Final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- 04 night twin/double shearing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle and necessary entrance fee
- Kathmandu to Border by tourist bus and border to Lhasa 4WD drive.
- Tibet special permit and visa and an English speaking Tibetan guide in Tibet with all the entrance fees in Lhasa and en-route.
- 02 night dormitory and 02 night stander accommodation en-route to Lhasa and 03 nights twin share accommodation in Lhasa on BB.
- International flight ticket with airport departure tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Tibet tours
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Travel and health insurance, insurance for helicopter evacuation.
- Bag pack.
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
China Visa (in the case you enter Tibet from Nepal)
You need to get your Chinese visa from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. Please note that if you have already got a Chinese visa at your home country, it will be cancelled and fresh visa will be issued in Kathmandu. So, it’s useless to apply for a Chinese visa until you reach to Kathmandu and avoid waste of money. The visa days in the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu are Monday, Wednesday and Friday and visa can be collected the same day upon payment of urgent fees.
Tours in Tibet is mainly in remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas and mountains.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can't sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
Lhasa is recently connected with train network with main land China. Roads in Tibet are not very good but much has improved recently. Normally, 4 wheel Japanese jeeps and cars are used to carry tourists and trucks for supplies and equipments.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.