Nepal is multi cultural country which is lies on the south Asia between India and China. It is rich in Culture and Nature and history. From this trek you will be able to learn about culture, history and arts of Nepal and Tibet as well. This trek begin from Kathmandu, it is capital city of Nepal which offers UNESCO world heritage site like an old Durbar square, Hindus temple and Buddhist stupa. Chitwan National Park is one of the famous National parks in Nepal for One Horn Rhino and Bengal Tiger. Tibet is such a nice place for Buddhist lovers which offer their traditional life style.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu.
- Day 02: Drive to Nagarkot
- Day 03: Drive to Kathmandu
- Day 04: Drive to Rafting starting
- Day 05: Rafting and drive to Chitwan
- Day 06: Full day in Chitwan National Park
- Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu
- Day 08: Drive Kathmandu (1300 m)-Nyalam (3750 M.): (6-7 Hrs.): 156 Km
- Day 09: Drive Nyalam-Lhatse (43050 M.): (7 Hrs.): 244 Km.
- Day 10: Drive Lhatse-Shigatse (3900 M.): (7-8 Hrs.): 244 Km.
- Day 11: Drive Shigatse-Gyantse (3900 M.): (2 Hrs.): 90 Km.
- Day 12: Drive Gyantse-Lhasa (3650 M.): (7-8 Hrs.): 259 Km.
- Day 13: Tour to Sera Monastery, Jorkhang Temple & Barkhor Marke
- Day 14: Sightseeing Tour to Potala Palace & Drepung Monaster
- Day 15: Lhasa-Kathmandu
- Day 16: Full day in Kathamndu
- Day 17: Final departure
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- 05-night twin/double sharing accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Kathmandu to Nagarkot to Kathmandu by private vehicle
- 01-night twin/double accommodation on BB in Nagarkot
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle and necessary entrance fee
- Kathmandu to a Rafting starting point and rafting ending point to Chitwan to Kathmandu by private vehicle.
- 01 night/02 days rafting on the Trishuli river on full board
- 02night/03 day safari activates on full board in the Chitwan National Park.
- Kathmandu to Border by tourist bus and border to Lhasa 4WD drive.
- Tibet special permit and visa and an English speaking Tibetan guide in Tibet with all the entrance fees in Lhasa and en-route.
- 02-night dormitory and 02-night stander accommodation en-route to Lhasa and 03 nights twin share accommodation on BB in Lhasa.
- International flight ticket with airport departure tax
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu, Nagarkot and Tibet tours
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Travel and health insurance, insurance for helicopter evacuation.
- Extra mode of transportation and carrying charge in cases of heavy landslide or Snowfall or any road problems and all the unseen expenses that are out of our control
China Visa (in the case you enter Tibet from Nepal)
You need to get your Chinese visa from the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu. Please note that if you have already got a Chinese visa at your home country, it will be cancelled and fresh visa will be issued in Kathmandu. So, it’s useless to apply for a Chinese visa until you reach to Kathmandu and avoid waste of money. The visa days in the Chinese Embassy in Kathmandu are Monday, Wednesday and Friday and visa can be collected the same day upon payment of urgent fees.
Tours in Tibet is mainly in the remote area. You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries, and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the Himalayas and mountains.
Altitude sickness is a change in a body due to high altitude, decrease in atmospheric pressure makes breathing difficult due to less oxygen. Mainly, it happens above 3300m (10,000ft). Signs and symptoms are as follows:
- tiredness/fatigue and Delirious
- Sleepy but can't sleep and Drunken Gait
- Loss of Appetite
Prevention for this is to wear according to the weather, drink and eat plenty, walk slowly and climb high sleep low. Keeping hydrated, but make sure you avoid alcohol.
Lhasa is recently connected with train network with main land China. Roads in Tibet are not very good but much has improved recently. Normally, 4 wheel Japanese jeeps and cars are used to carry tourists and trucks for supplies and equipment.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbage’s in the way where dustbin facilities are not available and conserve the environment.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.