Tilicho Lake trekking an exclusive adventure with combination of scenic Annapurna Circuit and beautiful Lake Tilicho, where few groups of trekkers often explore the remote corners beyond and off from wonderful Manang valley.
Tilicho Lake and Manang valley where most of the treks leads on same beautiful trails of popular Annapurna Circuit regarded as best adventure destinations on this planet by famous and leading Travel magazines and Guide Books.
Certainly this adventure leads you to great charm and beauty facing range of snow-capped peaks with dramatic scenic of landscapes views, where exciting overland journey includes starting the trek and then ending with swift panoramic flight to reach beautiful Pokhara located on the laps of great Annapurna Himalaya that reflects on its serene Lake Phewa.
Walk follows raging the Marysangdi River that leads you right in the heart of glacial source within high mountains at Manang valley and around Tilicho Lake, an interesting lovely walks from low warm farm fields and villages to reach cooler hills covered with serene woodland.
As route leads past nice hill villages of Syange-Jagat-Tal Besi to Dharapani within alpine climatic zone to reach at large town in Chame headquarter of Manang district, as walk progress into dense forest then reaching into beautiful Manang valley enclosed by series of high mountain range.
At Manang main village enjoy rest day to explore the village fascinating cultures and custom visiting old monastery of Braga in the shade of stunning snow-capped mountains of Chulus, Pisang peak with range of Annapurna Himalaya.
After Manang village where our route diverts from main Annapurna Circuit trail heading towards remote country within barren and arid landscapes to reach at scenic and picturesque Tilicho Lake our main highlight of the adventure.
Explore around magnificent turquoise colored lake at Tilicho surrounded within mighty peaks of Gangapurna, Tilicho and Nilgiri’s, the lake considered as holy by Hindu followers with Myth story that describes earlier life of Kak Bhushundi, (a mischievous disciple of Lomas Muni a great Guru and a true devotee of Lord Shiva and was reborn as a crow) belief he mediated here on the shore of Tilicho Lake.
Enjoying glorious moments of great experience where journey leads back to reach on the main Annapurna circuit trail to cross over high and the highest spot of the adventure at Thorang-La Pass at 5,416 m rewards you with breath-taking panorama of high peaks that includes massive range of Dhaulagiri Himalaya.
A long descend takes you at wonderful and holy spot at Muktinath a place with sacred temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu, an important pilgrimage destination for Hindu followers, where our walk end with short journey to large Jomsom town.
Jomsom headquarter and administrative town of Mustang district and the hub of Thakali people the indigenous tribe of Kaligandaki River valley within Lower Mustang located on Old Trans Himalaya Caravan and Salt route of Nepal to Tibet.
At Jomsom taking swift panoramic flight to reach low warmer green valley in Pokhara a renowned touristic holiday spot of Nepal and around Himalaya, a marvelous place to complete our fascinating and amazing adventure Tilicho Lake trekking.
- Adventure around high and scenic Manang valley and beyond to picturesque Tilicho Lake
- Explore beautiful country enclosed within array of giant mountains of Annapurna Himalaya
- Visit impressive traditional villages interwoven with strong cultures of Buddhism religion
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler green hills and into windswept scenic at Manang valley
- Beautiful scenery on walks to emerald colored Tilicho Lake within tall snow-capped peaks
- Traverse from end of Manang valley to Lower Mustang region crossing high Thorang-La pass
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
- Day 03: Drive to Syange 1,460 m on Nepal Western highway - 07 hrs.
- Day 04: Trek to Dharapani 1,920 m - 06 hours.
- Day 05: Trek to Chame 2,670 m - 05 hours.
- Day 06: Trek to Pisang 3, 230 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Manang Village 3,450 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Rest day at Manang for local hikes and acclimatization.
- Day 09: Trek to Khangsar 3,734 - 05 hrs.
- Day 10: Trek to Tilicho Base Camp 4,800 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 11: Trek to Tilicho Lake 4,140 m and at base camp – 05 hrs.
- Day 12: Trek to Siri Kharka 4,110 m - 05 hrs.
- Day 13: Trek to Yak Kharka 4,100 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Thorang High Camp 4,600 m - 04 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek to Muktinath 3,800 crossing Thorang-La Pass 5,416 m- 06 hrs.
- Day 16: Drive to Jomsom 2,715 m -02 hrs.
- Day 17: Fly to Pokhara 860 m and transfer to hotel near Phewa Lake.
- Day 18: Drive / Fly to Kathmandu - 07 hrs journey (30 mins via air)
- Day 19: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- 03 deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- 02 deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu and in Pokhara with privet vehicle.
- Kathmandu to Khudi (if you want private vehicle from Kathmandu also available on additional cost) and Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus (if you want flight or private vehicle from Pokhara also available on additional cost)
- Jomsom to Pokhara flight
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter (will carry about 15 kg-20 kg weight)with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- We provide assistant guide his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance walking with group to support where necessary as per the group size
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner during the trekking
- First add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, Ti-shart, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trekkiung(Very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms) Which will ensure you trek is in the safest hands possible
- All applicable government and local taxes as per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Meals during the traveling time
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.