Trip Introduction: City Holiday in Nepal 7 Days.
Nepal is a small country with cities of a unique blend of tradition and novelty. Kathmandu and Pokhara are the main tourist cities of Nepal, with lots of places to visit and tons of activities to do. These cities are land of colorful cultures, ancient history, people, charming scenery, and some of the best walking on the earth. Nepal's spiritual, divine, adventurous, and entertaining cities allow you to explore the beauty they have been blessed with. City Holiday in Nepal is the ultimate way to spend your vacation browsing through the most popular cities of Nepal.
Kathmandu is a gallery of Nepalese art, culture, and ancient heritage framed for a long time. Kathmandu Valley, Nepal's political, commercial, and cultural hub, is known for its natural beauty and historic and holistic places. City Holiday in Nepal starts with sightseeing magnificent UNESCO World Heritage Sites, i.e., Kathmandu durbar square, Patan Durbar Square, Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Swyambhunath, etc. The tour continues with Short Hiking to Nagarkot, a small village with spectacular mountain views and scenery.
It is known for its sunrise and sunset views of the Himalayas, including Mount Everest and other peaks of the Himalayan range of eastern Nepal. City Holiday in Nepal continues to the Lakeside city of Pokhara to explore the mountains and natural beauty. We will visit Phewa Lake, Taal Barahi temple, World Peace Pagoda, Seti Gandaki, Davis Falls, Mahendra Cave, and so on in Pokhara. Further, we will take a short trip to Sarangkot, a small village where you can enjoy the great Pokhara Valley and magnificent mountains such as Annapurna Range and Dhaulagiri Range. Pokhara is also a take-off point for trekkers, rafters, and mountaineers.
City holidays in Nepal can be conducted at any time of the year, but September to May is the best time. Trekking Planner Nepal offers many activities for groups of elders and families with children; we are ready to design tailor-made travel/holidays per the client's interest. We are experienced in finding the best travel options according to the needs of our guests.
Where Does the Trip Begin and Ends at?
The trip begins in Kathmandu and takes you to the center of Kathmandu, where you will have a welcome dinner and rest for the first day. On the second day, early in the morning, after breakfast, we will be going for a city tour of Kathmandu, where we will be visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Sights of Kathmandu like the Buddhist and Hindu views in Kathmandu, probably Durbar Square, then see "Swyambhunath" a Holy sight of Hinduism and Buddhism also known as "the monkey temple" as a large number of holy monkeys are living in the north-west part of the temple.
Next, you will be taken to "Pashupatinath," a sacred Hindu temple situated on the bank of the Bagmati River. You will then be driven to "Bouddhanath Stupa," one of the biggest and oldest stupas in the world.
After that, we take a 35 min flight to Pokhara or a 7 Hours drive to Pokhara; upon reaching Pokhara, we will rest and spend the day walking around Phewa Lake.
On the fourth day, after breakfast, explore Pokhara City; visit a Mountain Museum, Davies Falls, Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave, and take a boat ride in the lake. Stay overnight in Pokhara.
The next day, the guide will pick you early morning from hotel and take you to Sarangkot for a sunrise view. Sarangkot offers a fantastic view of the Annapurna Himalayan Range, including Mt Fish Tail, Dhaulagiri Mountain, and Manaslu mountain Range. Drive back to the hotel for breakfast. After breakfast, explore Pokhara city and nearby areas such as Sarangkot and World Peace Stupa(Shanti Stupa). They both are excellent for a day walk and offer a fantastic view of the mountain range and Pokhara Valley.
Day six, back to Kathmandu by flight or drive, and day seven, fly out from Kathmandu.
What is the Main Attraction of the City Holiday Tour in Nepal?
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: A UNESCO World Heritage Site featuring ancient palaces, courtyards, temples, and intricate wood and stone carvings.
- Swyambhunath Stupa (Monkey Temple): An iconic stupa at top of hill offering panoramic city views and a blend of Buddhist and Hindu influences.
- Bouddhanath Stupa: One of the largest stupas in the world, a significant pilgrimage site for Buddhists.
- Pashupatinath Temple: A sacred Hindu temple complex on the banks of the Bagmati River, known for its cremation ghats and spiritual ambiance.
- Thamel: A bustling tourist hub with markets, restaurants, shops, and lively nightlife.
- Phewa Lake: A serene lake where you can enjoy boating and see the reflection of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Mountains.
- Sarangkot: A popular viewpoint offering panoramic sunrise and sunset views over the Annapurna and Machapuchare ranges.
- Davis Falls and Gupteshwor Cave: A waterfall that disappears into an underground cave system, creating a unique natural spectacle.
What is the Best Time to go on a City Holiday Tour in Nepal?
Spring (March to May).
- Weather: Spring is among the best times to visit Nepal's cities. The weather is mild and comfortable, with warm days and cool nights.
- Clear Skies: The skies are usually clear during this time, providing excellent visibility of city landmarks and surrounding mountains.
- Flowers and Greenery: Spring is the blooming season, and many gardens and squares are adorned with colorful flowers and lush greenery.
- Festivals: During this season, local festivals like Holi and Nepali New Year can be seen.
Autumn (September to November).
- Weather: Autumn is considered the peak tourist season in Nepal. The weather is stable, with clear skies and comfortable temperatures.
- Mountain Views: The mountain views are spectacular, making it an excellent time for sightseeing and photography.
- Favorable Conditions: The dry weather makes exploring cities and their attractions more enjoyable, with minimal rain chances.
- Cultural Celebrations: Dashain and Tihar, two major Hindu festivals, fall during this time, offering an opportunity to experience Nepal's rich cultural celebrations.
Both seasons are great for city tours, but it's essential to consider the altitude of the cities you plan to visit. For example, Kathmandu and Pokhara have lower elevations and milder weather, while places like Lumbini and Chitwan might have slightly different weather patterns due to their location.
It's worth noting that while spring and autumn are the most popular times to visit, Kathmandu and Pokhara can be seen at any time of the year. Winter (December to February) is colder, especially in higher-altitude towns, and some areas may experience fog and limited visibility. The Monsoon Season (June to August) brings heavy rain and is generally not recommended for city tours due to the potential for muddy conditions and transportation disruptions.
In summary, for the best experience on a city holiday tour in Nepal, plan your trip during the spring or autumn seasons to enjoy pleasant weather, clear skies, and vibrant cultural experiences.
Who is The City Holiday Tour in Nepal for?
- Culture Enthusiasts: If you're interested in immersing yourself in Nepal's rich cultural heritage, exploring ancient temples, monasteries, palaces, and historic sites, a city holiday tour offers an excellent opportunity to delve into the cultural diversity and traditions of Nepal.
- History Buffs: For those fascinated by history, Nepal's cities offer a glimpse into centuries-old architecture, art, and royal histories. The intricate carvings, monuments, and palaces in the towns like Kathmandu, Bhaktapur, and Patan provide a fascinating journey into Nepal's past.
- Spiritual Seekers: Nepal is a land of spirituality, home to various religious traditions. City tours allow spiritual seekers to visit sacred sites, temples, and stupas that hold immense significance for Buddhists and Hindus. Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha, is a particularly revered destination for spiritual travelers.
- Photography Enthusiasts: The cities of Nepal are a paradise for photography enthusiasts. From ancient architecture to vibrant street scenes, colorful markets, and stunning mountain views, there's no shortage of captivating subjects to capture.
- Adventure Travelers: Even if you're an adventure enthusiast, a city holiday tour can be a great way to unwind and enjoy the cultural side of Nepal between more intense activities like trekking, mountaineering, or rafting.
- Travelers with Limited Time: If you have limited time in Nepal but still want to experience its cultural highlights, a city holiday tour allows you to explore critical attractions efficiently.
- Families: City tours offer family-friendly experiences suitable for all ages. Children can learn about different cultures, history, and heritage while engaging in enjoyable sightseeing activities.
- Solo Travelers: A city holiday tour is a great option for solo travelers who want to explore the cities safely, learn about the local culture, and engage with other travelers and locals.
- Seniors: For travelers who prefer a more relaxed pace, city tours offer the chance to explore Nepal's cultural treasures without the physical demands of more strenuous activities.
- Honeymooners: Nepal's romantic cities, serene lakes, and breathtaking landscapes provide an ideal backdrop for honeymooners looking to mix cultural exploration with natural beauty.
Optional Activities in Pokhara and Kathmandu.
- Mountain Flight: If you want to see the Himalayas up close, consider taking a mountain flight that offers stunning aerial views of the world's highest peaks.
- Paragliding: Pokhara is renowned for its paragliding opportunities. Experience the thrill of flying over the beautiful landscape with a certified instructor.
- Zip-lining: Experience the adrenaline rush of zip-lining across Pokhara's stunning landscapes.
- Nagarkot Hill Station: Make a day trip to Nagarkot for stunning sunrise and sunset views over the Himalayas, including Mount Everest.
- Chandragiri Hills: Take a cable car ride to Chandragiri Hills for panoramic views of the Kathmandu Valley and the surrounding mountains.
- Cooking Classes: Join a cooking class to learn how to prepare traditional Nepali dishes and gain insights into local culinary traditions.
- Golfing: If you're a golf enthusiast, you can play a round of golf at the Gokarna Forest Golf Resort.
- Street Food Tour: Embark on a guided street food tour to taste the diverse flavors of Nepali street cuisine.
Why Trekking Planner Nepal for a city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara in Nepal?
Trekking Planner Nepal is a reputable and experienced trekking agency that offers city tours in Kathmandu and Pokhara, two of the most popular cities in Nepal. Here's why you should consider choosing Trekking Planner Nepal for your city tour experience:
- Local Expertise: Trekking Planner Nepal is based in Nepal and has extensive local knowledge about Kathmandu and Pokhara's culture, history, and attractions. Their guides are experienced and well-versed in the cities' history, architecture, and local customs.
- Customized Tours: The agency offers customized city tours tailored to your preferences and interests. Whether you're interested in historical sites, religious landmarks, or vibrant local markets, we can create an itinerary that suits your desires.
- Professional Guides: The agency provides knowledgeable and professional guides who will enhance your city tour experience by providing insights, explanations, and stories about the places you visit. Trekking Planner Nepal can answer your questions and offer a deeper understanding of the cities' cultural significance.
- Hassle-Free Experience: Trekking Planner Nepal handles all the logistical details, including transportation, entrance fees, and timing, ensuring a hassle-free and smooth city tour experience. This allows you to focus on enjoying the sights without worrying about the practicalities.
- Local Interaction: Their tours often include interactions with locals, whether visiting local communities, artisans, or marketplaces. This provides a more authentic and immersive experience, allowing you to connect with the culture and people of Nepal.
- Safety and Comfort: Trekking Planner Nepal prioritizes the safety and comfort of its clients. Their experienced guides are trained in first aid and are well-equipped to handle any unexpected situations that may arise during the tour.
- Responsible Tourism: The agency promotes responsible tourism practices, respecting local communities, traditions, and the environment. You're supporting ethical and sustainable tourism initiatives by choosing Trekking Planner Nepal.
- Affordable Pricing: Trekking Planner Nepal offers competitive and transparent pricing for their city tours, ensuring you receive value for your investment.
- Diverse Options: Whether you're looking for a comprehensive city tour, a cultural immersion experience, or a short excursion to specific attractions, Trekking Planner Nepal offers a variety of tour options to cater to your preferences and available time.
- Positive Reputation: Trekking Planner Nepal has a positive reputation among travelers for their professionalism, friendly service, and commitment to providing memorable experiences. You can find reviews and testimonials from past clients to attest to their quality service.
In summary, choosing Trekking Planner Nepal for your city tour in Kathmandu and Pokhara ensures that you'll have an enriching, well-organized, and authentic experience that showcases the best of these vibrant Nepali cities.