Although not the most inspiring river for rafting in Nepal, it is very much popular for several other reasons-it is close to Kathmandu and for a cheap bus ride you can be on the river in hours if a warm-up is what you need on arrival in Nepal. The major road running alongside it is, for most people, a down marker. It does however provide easy access to transport and villages along the way. For a family trip it provides a less serious and committing adventure than many of the other rivers.
From a rafting point of view there are some good rapids but it is best run, in my opinion later in the season. On passing the main rapids in September 1999, many were washed out and only the biggest were evident.
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding local Rafting Guide. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, transport and insurance.
- All transfer by Tourist bus /public bus
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation.
- Personal travel and health insurance as well as insurance for helicopter evacuation
- The tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column