Tsum Valley trek is culturally rich and extremely beautiful trek. Tsum valley trekking goes to the sacred Himalayan pilgrimage valley situated in the trans-Himalayan region. The Tsum Valley is situated in the northern Gorkha district of Nepal, surrounded by the Buddha Himal with Himal Chuli to the west, Ganesh Himal to the south and Sringi Himal to the north. Tsum comes from the Tibetan word “Tsombo”, which means vivid. Its natural beauty and richness in Tibetan art, culture and religion make it a unique and vivid destination, as its name implies.
Our Tsum valley trek starts with a 6-7 hours drive from Kathmandu to Aarughat. The trail heads up the valley through terraced fields, dense forest and virgin countryside hidden villages. We explore many unspoiled ethnic villages of Liding, Machhakhola, Jagat, and Phidim with their warm hospitality. Visit the ancient Gombas like Ramchen, Mu and Dephydonma Gompa to make your Tsum valley trekking experience a unique of its one. Saturated with Buddhist culture, these valleys uphold religious values and help preserve a lost way of life. Tsum valley is inhabited by Tsumbas, an indigenous community and together this serene valley carries a history of ancient Himalayan civilization styles; culture, art, tradition, religion, customs, and thinking. It is a sacred Himalayan pilgrimage and an untouched valley of Nepal.
The people here never slaughter animals, even as a sacrifice to the gods. The Tsum Valley is surrounded by the Buddha Himal and Himal Chuli to the west, Ganesh Himal to the south, and Sringi Himal to the North. Tsum valley trek also lies in Manaslu region, therefore, there are attractive views of Himalchuli (7893m.), Manaslu 8163m, Ganesh Himal, Ngadi Chuli (7879m.) or (peak 29), Sringi Himal and other mountains, beautiful varied landscape, and different flora and fauna and wonderful. This part is also incomparable beauty and rich blend of Tibetan and Nepalese culture which offer a true adventure for the visitors to Nepal. The highest point of our trek will be Mu Gompa (3700 m) from where we descend down to Tatopani and finally to Arughat Bazar from where we will take a drive back to Kathmandu.
Tea house trek is comparatively least cost here so that it is affordable for most of the trekkers. A person with an above average physical fitness capability is likely to be able to complete this trek without any big schedule changes. Normally the best months for this trek are September, October & November during the autumn season and after mid-March, April & May during the spring season. Come and join the team of Nepal trekking Planner to explore this indigenous and untouched region of Nepal with professional staffs and services. Simply a trek of a lifetime!
- Day 01:Arrival in Kathmandu (1350m/4430ft )
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu
- Day 03: Drive to Arughat (570m/1870ft) 6-7 hrs drive
- Day 04: Trek to Soti Khola (730m/2395ft) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 05: Trek to Machha Khola (930m/3051ft) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 06: Trek to Dobhan (1070m/3510ft) via Tatopani (Hot Spring) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 07: Trek to Philim (1570m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 08: Trek to Lokpa (2240m) 4-5 hrs walk
- Day 09: Trek to Chumling (2386m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 10: Trek to Chhokangparo (3031m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 11: Trek to Nile (3361m) via Rachen Gompa 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 12: Trek to Mu Gompa (3700m) about 3 hrs walk
- Day 13: Trek to Chhokangparo (3031m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 14: Trek to Lokpa (2240m) 6-7 hrs walk
- Day 15: Trek to Jagat (1340m) 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 16: Trek to Tatopani (990m) about 5 hrs walk
- Day 17: Trek to Lapubesi (884m) about 5 hrs walk
- Day 18: Trek to Arughat Bazzar 5-6 hrs walk
- Day 19: Drive to Kathmandu about 7 hrs
- Day 20: Final Departure
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle.
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Arughat to Kathmandu public transport(if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area Permit and Special permit for Manaslu and Tsum Valley Area
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- First add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Equipment for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket, Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass Water bottle.
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Tsum Valley Trekking
A trekkers have to pass Larka pass so trekker should be fit to do this trekking. Maximum altitude of the trek is 5215m, so you should be careful about altitude related risk. To get rid of it please walk slowly and have more water and avoid alcoholic drinks. Please be careful of frost bit and snow blindness. You must take care of your health.
Safe drinking water on Tsum Valley Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On the Trek
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Tsum Valley Trekking
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask the every trekkers.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left any thing anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anythings outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Tsum Valley Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Tsum Valley Trekking
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in a bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get a warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use a rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route, local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under the following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.