Tsum Valley Trekking leads you to adventure of once in a life time where you can experience the beauty of nature enclosed within massive high mountains of Manaslu and Ganesh Himal.
A marvelous destination out of this world, which fascinates you from the beginning of the walks to the end, where route to Tsum Valley Trekking leads you from warm low areas of Gorkha district, located Nepal Mid-West Himalayan region to cooler alpine hills and then ending at arctic windswept terrain at Tsum.
Tsum Valley Trekking, an adventure which leads you into complete wilderness within mountainous region hidden behind massive peaks of Ganesh Himal also locally known as Yangri with towering face of Manaslu or Kutang Himal range around high and remote Mid West Himalaya.
Besides dramatic views of landscapes and mountains where you will witness old culture and impressive traditional life within Tsum villages as walk leads you into nice villages adorned with age-old heritage of strong Tibetan influence which is just a mere distance from high and upper Tsum Valley.
Tsum word comes from ancient Tibetan “Beyul Kyimolung” language which means Valley of happiness and sustainable life which you can observe the villagers of the areas happy and strong and well contended with their farm life and cattle herding.
Tsum Valley trek begins with exciting drive to reach at Gorkha district in Arughat town and farm villages of sub-tropical climate and then following the raging Buri-Gandaki River some sometimes on the same trail of Manaslu trekking.
As walk leads into interesting farm villages and lovely forested areas where our route diverts from the main Manaslu trail to reach remote areas of Tsum and then heading higher to the end at Mu Gompa with marvelous time on walks and overnight stops around Tsum villages.
After an enjoyable and impressive visit of Tsum areas return journey leads you on the same route for you to enjoy more of these fascinating areas before heading back to Kathmandu with awesome experience and adventure on Tsum Valley Trekking.
- Adventure in between massif Mt. Manaslu and Ganesh Himal range of peaks .
- Daily scenic views of dramatic landscapes of rolling green hills and mountains .
- On the least explored areas of remote and isolated Tsum valley of happiness .
- Explore impressive Tsum traditional culture of ancient heritage of Buddhism .
- Visit undisturbed pristine wilderness around Tsum valley with great scenery .
- Trek to Mu Gompa the highest settlement of Tsum areas of great importance .
- Walk from low warm areas to cooler alpine woodland to arid and barren terrain .
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m / 4,430 ft and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: In Kathmandu sightseeing tour at places of interest.
- Day 03: Drive to Soti Khola 730 m via Arughat 570 m -06 hrs journey.
- Day 04: Trek to Machha Khola 930 m / 3,051 ft - 06 hrs.
- Day 05: Trek to Jagat 1,410m via Dovan and Tatopani (Hot Spring) - 06 hrs.
- Day 06: Trek to Lakuwa 2,200m - 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Chhokangparo 3,010 m - 06 hrs.
- Day 09: Trek to Nele 3,361m after a visiting Milarepa cave - 07 hours.
- Day 10: Trek to Mu Gompa 3,700 m - 04 hours.
- Day 11: Rest day at Mu Gompa visit local village and monastery.
- Day 12: Trek to Rachen Gompa 3,240 m - 05 hours.
- Day 13: Trek back to Chumling 2,386 m - 06 hours.
- Day 14: Trek to Philim 1,590 m - 07 hrs
- Day 15: Trek to Tatopani 1, 240 m - 06 hours.
- Day 16: Trek to Soti Khola 730 m - 06 hours.
- Day 17: Drive to Kathmandu -06 hrs and transfer to hotel.
- Day 18: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport pick up drop by private vehicle
- 03 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle.
- Welcome dinner in Authentic Restaurant
- Kathmandu to Arughat to Kathmandu public transport(if you want both way private vehicle also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit, Manaslu Conservation Area Permit and Special permit for Manaslu and Tsum Valley Area
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- First add kid box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets,Ti-shirt, Cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
Equipment for this trip
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket, Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass Water bottle.
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
Difficulties rating of Tsum Valley Trekking
Tsum Valley a wonderful country in the valley of Happiness where Tsum name means in old Tibetan origin language, a trek of two week duration starts from low sub-tropical farm areas of southern Gorkha district.
Where walk leads to high cooler hill and within windswept valley of Tsum on the highest spot at Mu Gompa (monastery) at 3,700 m & 12,139 ft high.
Actually not a difficult trek once you start walking as days are perfectly planned with right designated overnight stops, where trekkers can enjoy views and get accustomed with the altitude and surrounding environment.
The grading that we have listed is Moderate to Adventurous due to touch of slow high altitude and being the raw country least ventured and newly and fresh opened areas for trekking.
As long you take easy, slow and steady pace with short rest stops to catch your breath and enjoying views, the altitude is not a big problem however steep climb and descend involves on this trek but can be done as long you are physically fit and in good health.
One of the few high altitude treks around Nepal Himalaya where trekkers will not face big problem of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) as altitude gains slowly and gradually and by the time you reach the highest spot at Mu Gompa, where you will acclimatized to enjoy the walks and facing views of glorious scenery with high mountains.
Safe drinking water on Tsum Valley Trekking
Basically, we can get mineral water bottles in lower places but as we go higher cannot find it. In that case we suggest you to drink boiled water which may charge small fee, found in tea houses and better to bring chlorine tablets to purify water. Due to no provision of plastic bottles better to use boiled rather than mineral water, helpful for protection of environment.
Recharging Batteries of Electronic Items On the Trek
Hydro electricicty or solar power sources are used to charge your electrical items like camera, batteries, ipod, iphone etc. Tea houses or lodges may charge small fee per hours for charging facilities. Better to buy adoptors before the trip since plugs are limited. In Nepal 220-240 volt power is used and sockets fit round and flat plugs.
Extra Advice for Tsum Valley Trekking
You may see some beautiful and sweet children and you may want to distribute ballons, chocolates, money and pens as many trekkers has feit same. But better not to do so because it encourages them to beg and ask the every trekkers.
In the trekking, keep your valuables safe. Do not left any thing anywhere. Ensure that you lock your door when you leave your room and do not hang anythings outside at night.
Use a dustbins and do not throw anything into the fire. Carry garbages in the way where dustbin facilities is not available and conserve the environment.
Spending Money per Day
It mainly depends upon spending habits, normally you should allocate US$ 9-12 per meal in Kathmandu and Pokhara. On trekking, US$ 10-15 a day is good enough to buy drinks and chocolates.
Travel Insurance for Tsum Valley Trekking
You should be sufficiently protected and need to have travel insurance that covers emergency evacuation, lost items, liabilities, injuries and medical treatment. Ensure the insurance covers all the activities in the himalayas. Trekking Planner can offer the appropriate medical response based on your policy and insurance.
Washing and Toilet facilities for Tsum Valley Trekking
All the guest houses offer hot showers, which can be in a bathroom or can be a bucket of hot water. Please note that at high altitude there may not be enough hot water for all the trekkers. Limit the use of hot water unless the water is solar heated or firewood for the ecological reason. Every lodge has some kind of washing facilities but you must carry a bar of soap. If the water frozed then ask your guide to get a warm bowl of water.
Toilet are mainly Asian squat style. Basically toilet are outside your room and vary in how clean they are. You should not through toilet paper in the toilet hole rather you should use a rubbish bin that is kept inside the toilet.
On this trekking route, local people have built tea houses lodge with food and beverage facilities. A simple room usually has two narrow beds. While staying in the tea houses you will see the charming local people with their good hospitality services.
How Can I Plan and Confirm My Trip?
Trekking Planner is a government licensed trekking company in Nepal. You can see photos of legal documents in about us section. We accept your booking under the following terms and conditions:
- Bookings must be done 48 hrs. in advance
- Free Cancellation
- No Down payment
- No Deposit
- Accept Cash Payment, Bank Transfer, Western Union, Money Gram, or a Credit Card.
For more information see our Terms and Conditions page.