Mera Peak Climbing Adventure, an interesting mountain where all types of trekkers and climbers can enjoy the adventurous feat.
Where one can explore as well enjoying the walks and climb on top of Mera Peak summit? That rises at 6,461 m and 21,190 feet, one of the highest trekking peaks in Nepal.
Located in sheer wilderness and within hidden Inku and Hongu valleys, and close to Baruntse and Makalu mountain range. Situated in the east direction of Khumbu and south of Mt. Everest, it is within Sagarmatha National Park. As well very close to Makalu and Baruntse National Park and Conservation area, enclosed within an array of giant peaks.
Mera Peak Climbing Adventure takes you off the beaten tracks seldom visited by trekkers and mostly by climbers and adventurers. A perfect and ideal peak for all interested trekkers and beginners in mountaineering, as the peak with grade F.
The system of grading, we have used from the world-renowned and widely accepted French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification System.
The grade F describes as an easy climb of less technical effort walking on ice, snow, and rocks. However our guide provides safety measures throughout the climb and trekking period, where all climbers require good climbing equipment.
To make your adventure and climb a great success and enjoyable reaching on top of Mera Peak and with safe descend.
Mera Peak Climbing Adventure offers wonderful walks to its base camp and back to Lukla. Mera Peak one of few peaks in Nepal, where trekkers can easily reach the summit after practice and with proper acclimatization.
Begins with a panoramic and short scenic flight to Lukla airport at the height of 2,820 m high. Walk begins from Lukla heading away from the main busy trail and villages towards mountain wilderness. Continues with climb over Naulekh and Zatwar-la pass to reach Inku valley, covered by rhododendron, firs, pines and birch trees.
Adventure leads towards Mera Peak base camp within fields of ice and glaciers, after having few days rest for acclimatization. As well as days for practice lessons from our expert guide climb on ice and rocks.
After a pleasant day rest with climbing exercise getting ready for the ‘Big Day’ to Mera Peak summit. Early morning hike and climb takes you past few icy crevasses and then a long haul on snow ridge. As the climb progress reaches on top of Mera Peak summit facing a breathtaking panorama of high giant peaks. Views includes Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse towards north with Makalu and Baruntse, extends towards Mt. Kanchenjunga in the east direction.
Enjoying marvelous scenery of mountains with Amadablam, Kusum-Khanguru and Khangtiaga, making a safe descend for return journey to Lukla.
At Lukla enjoy last night’s dinner with fellow trekkers, guides, and staff, where early morning flight reach you back in Kathmandu. After a great mesmerizing experience on Mera Peak Climbing Adventure.
- Adventure of a life-time experience on Mera Peak Climb within hidden areas of Khumbu and Everest
- Sweeping scenic flight both ways Kathmandu - Lukla with ever exciting views of snow capped peaks
- Trekking around off the beaten tracks of Inkhu scenic valley within enchanting alpine woodland
- Exploring traditional Sherpa villages and impressive cultures enriched with Buddhist culture
- Mera Peak Climb of less technical difficulties a pure adventure for all beginners to veteran climbers
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu 1,350 m and transfer to Hotel.
- Day 02: Full day in Kathmandu with half day sightseeing tour at places of interest.
- Day 03: Fly to Lukla 2,830 m with overnight at Lukla.
- Day 04: Trek to Chutanga 3,430 m -/ 11,250 ft - 04 hrs walks with overnight camp.
- Day 05: Trek to Thuli-Kharka (4300 meter/14,107 feet) - 5/6 hours.
- Day 06: Trek to Kothe 4,360 m / 11,808 ft- 05 hrs.
- Day 07: Trek to Thangnak 4,356 m / 14,291 ft - 05 hrs.
- Day 08: Trek to Khare 5,045 m /16,551 ft - 04 hrs.
- Day 09: Acclimatization day at Khare and Pre-Climbing Training.
- Day 10: Climb Mera High Camp 5,780 m / 18,958 ft 6 hrs.
- Day 11: Mera Peak (6,461 meters/21,190 feet) summit and back to Khare 5,045 m /16, 551 ft.
- Day 12: Reserve Day for Contingency.
- Day 13: Trek to Thangnak - 06 hrs.
- Day 14: Trek to Thuli-Kharka 4,300 m/14,07 ft - 05 hrs.
- Day 15: Trek too Lukla via Zatrwa La pass 4,610 m / 15,124 ft - 07 hrs.
- Day 16: Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to hotel.
- Day 17: In Kathmandu free day for individual activities.
- Day 18: Final International departure from Nepal.
- All airport pick up drop off by private vehicle (for both international and domestic flights)
- Welcome dinner in an authentic restaurant
- 03 night twin/double sharing accommodation on BB at 3 star category hotel in Kathmandu
- Guided sightseeing tours in Kathmandu with private vehicle (entrance fees extra)
- Kathmandu to Lukla to Kathmandu flight with airport departure tax
- National Park entrance fee and Trekkers’ Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, English speaking, well-trained, Government license holding guide and climbing sherpa. Price includes his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transport and insurance.
- 02 guest to 01 porter with their insurance, salary, food, accommodation and equipment
- Your cost includes insurance, wages, food and lodging for both your guide and porter. We take excellent care of our guides and porters, they are like family to us.
- Twin/double shearing accommodation in the mountain during the trekking and tented camp during the climbing time.
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking and climbing.
- First aid kit
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- All the necessary equipment for climbing
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness(AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- One-hour complimentary spa/massage in Kathmandu after the trek
- Nepal Visa fee (Bring accurate fee in USD and two Passport size Photo)
- International airfare to and from Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- Diner and lunch in Kathmandu
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- Extra night accommodation and lunch and dinner in city because of early arrival, late departure and early return from the mountain (due to any reason) then the scheduled itinerary
- Personal expenses (phone calls, baggage charge, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower etc)
- Tips to the trekking crews and drive.
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control.
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Trekking day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes.
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Trekking stick.
- Sun Hat, cap
- Warm woolen cap.
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket.
- Pullover or warm sweeter.
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock.
- Hand gloves.
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts.
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle.
- Sleeping bag.
- Flash or Torch light.
- Camera and batteries.
- Sun cream.
The altitude of Mera Peak differs with various adventure companies and as well with NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association). That controls all trekking peaks of Nepal. But most climbers and adventurer agrees with the present height as mentioned above.
Mera Peak climbing grade ‘F’ it means “Facial Easy” used from popular French and Swiss Alpine Climbing Classification, used world-wide on alpine style climb for
USA standard is of grade 5.01 to 5.04.
Mera Peak, all types of interested trekkers and climbers can take part on this adventure where our expert guides will support and instructs you on safety measures with skill of climbing on ice, snow and rocks to help you with the climb.
Garbage Deposit for all 33 Trekking Peaks
A Garbage Deposit fee of USD 250.00 payable to NMA is required to obtain permits for all 33 NMA peaks. Refunds on the Garbage Deposit shall be as per NMA provisions. All trekking peak climb have to be accompanied by a Climbing Guide registered with NMA.
Climate & Weather:
Himalayan climate can be unpredictable sometimes even in good best seasons, where April and May to first week of June will be the best time during spring times, when days are longer with enough sunlight hours.
Morning and night time as well in shade can be cold and much freezing temperatures around higher areas above 2,100 m. Other months from September to December another great times for treks around Himalaya region and Mera Peak climb, when days are clear for views and to summit the top of the peak, although much colder months of autumn season with extreme cold during morning and night time, where sunlight is much shorter.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain entry visa from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya where all travelers and adventurer requires to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with Trekking Planner for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu.
Accommodations & Food:
On Mera Peak climb on tented camping, the only place with local lodge is at Lukla throughout trek and climb supported with full camping with excellent meals cooked fresh by our camping cooks. Serving from famous Nepalese Dal-Bhat to Continental with some Chinese, Tibetans and Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic and fresh served in a dining tents with warm environment.
While camping includes separate unit of kitchen with cook and kitchen staff, depending number of person in the group.
On treks and camping safe water boiled and filtered for drinking.
Where all travelers require sound good health to join on all treks and climbs around Nepal Himalaya with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain disease.
On this trek no big problem of catching AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) or high altitude symptoms, as walk takes you to slow gain in elevation where high altitude gain gradually in case of emergency, around Nepal Himalaya the quickest emergency evacuation by means of Helicopter services to bring the victims back to Kathmandu and for further treatments if required.
For emergency evacuation where trekkers should be well insured with good Insurance policy that covers all medical side and the use of Helicopter or other means of transportation.
Where all travelers to Nepal Himalaya require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue to safe places and nearest hospitals.
For Mera Peak Climb where people from 18 to 60 years will be allowed and this involves if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
TIMS Card and Climb Permits.
Climbing Permits will be obtained with necessary TIMS (Trekking Information Management Systems) or similar permits for this treks includes National Park entrance fee as well.
Getting Into Nepal:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
At present nearly all villages and towns do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergency situations.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with small charge as per your time in Nepal.
On paying full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your own individual expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on route treks like having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal, where the country with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with their own special interesting culture and custom.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Tipping is highly expected by crew members of trekking and climbing expeditions as traditions since tourism came in Himalayan countries.