Annapurna Circuit Short Trek of Ten Days an opportunity for interested trekkers where one can enjoy great dramatic scenery and excellent views on this unique and most beautiful adventure.
Trekking Planner have designed this wonderful trek aiming for people with desire visiting marvelous country around great and massive Annapurna Himalaya, where this adventure provides you to fulfill your dreams in short duration of times within Ten Days.
Since last decades Annapurna Circuit route where motor able has been constructed which makes it easier to complete the whole Annapurna circuit in ten days or within week, where visitors will never miss the beauty of the region facing awesome views all along this magnificent journey on drives and walks.
The area around Annapurna Circuit regarded as world Top Ten destination for adventure long walks and trekking where views of white snow peaks remains constant, with dramatic variation of temperatures that one can experience on this fabulous journey.
Annapurna Circuit Short Trek of Ten days begins with exciting overland journey towards Nepal Mid-West within low and heavily farmed areas of Lamjung and then continues heading higher up to cooler alpine hills at Chame within Manang district.
Chame the main town and headquarter of Manang area where our actual walk begins heading into lovely woods of tall rhododendron and pine trees following the raging Masrsyangdi River right up to its glacial source at Manang valley.
As trek progress with uphill climb to enter into scenic high Manang Valley enclosed with series of snow-capped peaks of Annapurna range with Chulu group and Pisang peak in view.
From Pisang village where beautiful Manang valley starts as walk leads to short ups and down and visiting nice old interesting monastery enriched with ancient Buddhist treasures of relics and colorful religious paintings in the interior of Braga Monastery.
After a wonderful time visiting the monastery along with spectacular views of Annapurna and Chulu peaks reaching at main Manang village enclosed by array of peaks, a lovely spot for overnight stop to enjoy and witness local immense culture.
From Manang village adventure takes you at the end of valley rim with climb over the highest point of the journey to cross and traverse Thorang-La Pass at above 5,416 m and 17,769 ft high rewards you with spectacular panorama of Dhaulagiri, Mustang and Damodar Himal with Chulu and Annapurna range.
Our tough walk of the adventure takes you on long descend to reach within Mustang area at holy premises in Muktinath temple area and its lovely villages facing wonderful views of Nilgiri, Tukuche and Dhaulagiri mountain range.
Muktinath an important holy pilgrimage spot for Hindu, the temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu where the name Muktinath means a place to Liberate or free yourself from your sins by praying and paying homage at the temple.
From Muktinath our walking adventure completes where drive takes you down at Kali-Gandaki River Valley with drop of near 1,200 meter or more to reach at nice town of Jomsom, and then past lovely villages of Marpha, Tukuche to reach at low warm area in Tatopani, a village with refreshing natural hot-spring.
After an enjoyable overnight in Tatopani drive leads to the end of our journey at beautiful and most scenic city in Pokhara, regarded as a leading and renowned touristic of Nepal and around Himalaya for its natural beauty of mountains and lakes.
A great place to conclude our marvelous adventure in Pokhara after an overwhelming experience on Annapurna Circuit Short Ten Days Trekking with amazing moments around both beautiful sides of massive Annapurna Himalaya.
- Listed as world best long distance trekking as well for other exciting adventures
- Dramatic change of altitude, climate, vegetation, landscapes, culture and people
- Great bio-diversity and temperatures on daily walks around Annapurna Himalaya
- Adventure from low-warm and cooler alpine hills to arctic cold of ice / glaciers
- Within North / South Annapurna Himalaya mountain range facing great scenery
- Superb panorama of snow-capped mountains from high and scenic Thorang-La
- Lovely cultural villages in the harmony of beautiful landscapes and high peaks
- Day 01: From Kathmandu drive to Bulbule 845 m / 2,815 ft and 200 km distance ride of 6-7 hrs. (L/D)
- Day 02: Drive to Chame 2,710 m/ 8,890 ft on Local Bus 5 to 6 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 03: Trek to Pisang 3,115 m / 10,200 ft - 05 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 04: Trek to Manang 3540 m/ 11,300 ft- 04 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 05: Trek to Ledar 4, 200 m/ 14, 206 ft - 04 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 06: Trek to High Camp 4,900 m / 15, 091 ft -04 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 07: Trek to Muktinath 3, 800 m /12467 ft via Thorang la pass 5,416 m /17,769 ft - 07 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 08: Drive to Tatopani 1,200 m/ 3, 940 ft on local bus – 05 hrs. (B/L/D)
- Day 09: Drive to Pokhara 850 m / 2,788 ft -05 hrs. (B/L)
- Day 10: Drive back to Kathmandu 1,350 m/ 4,450 ft. – 06 hrs. (B)
- All airport Pick up drop by private vehicle
- 01 night twin/double shearing deluxe accommodation on BB in Pokhara
- Kathmandu to Besi Sahar to Chame and Muktinath to Tatopani to Pokhara by public bus (if you want private vehicle from Kathmandu also available on additional cost) and Pokhara to Kathmandu by bus (if you want flight or private vehicle from Pokhara also available on additional cost)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and Trekkers' Information Management System( TIMS card)
- A highly experience, helpful, knowledgeable, friendly , English speaking well trained, Government license holder guide with all his salary, food, drinks, accommodation, Transport and insurance.
- 02 guest=01 porter with their Insurance, Salary, Food, accommodation and equipment
- Accommodation in the mountain during the trekking
- Three meals a day; breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and tea/coffee during the trekking.
- First aid kit box
- Trekking Planner’s sleeping bag, down jackets, T-shirt, cap, duffle bags, city and trekking route maps – if necessary.
- Arrangement of emergency evacuation service (should have insurance for emergency evacuation and will be paid by your travel insurance company)
- Oxymeter to check your pulse and oxygen saturation and heart rate twice daily during the trek (very useful to check Altitude Mountain Sickness (AMS) symptoms). This helps ensure your trek is in the safest hands possible.
- All applicable government and local taxes per the itinerary
- Your Nepal Visa fees (should bring small accurate fees in USD and 02 passport size photos)
- All the International air fare from and to Kathmandu (no need to pay departure tax for international flight)
- All meals and accommodation in Kathmandu and Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu Pokhara
- Personal travel and health Insurance, Insurance for helicopter evacuation
- In case of extra more night accommodation, lunch and dinner in city due to early arrival and late departure as well as early back/return from mountain/trekking (due to any reason) than the given time period of itinerary
- Your Personal expenses such as ( laundry, baggage charge, phone calls, battery recharge, bar and beverage bill, boiled or bottle water, hot and cold shower, extra porter.. etc)
- The Tips to the trekking crews and drive
- Extra expenses due to flight delays, strikes, weather condition or any event out of our control
- Anything not included in service includes column
- Duffel/Rucksack bag/Suitcase (We will provide one complimentary Trekking Planner duffel bag but is to be returned after the trip)
- Day bag.( Small handbag)
- Trekking shoes
- Sports shoes or sandal.
- Sun Hat/cap
- Warm woolen cap
- Trekking jacket Gore tax/ flees jacket
- Pullover or warm sweeter
- 4/5 pairs of good qualities shock
- Hand gloves
- 2/3 pairs of Trekking trousers
- 3/4 pairs of trekking shirts
- 3/4 pairs of Underwear
- Eye glass
- Water bottle
- 4 seasons Sleeping bag (Optional/we can provide one if you need it but is to be returned after the trip)
- Flash or Torch light
- Camera and batteries.
Annapurna Circuit Short Trek of 10 days provided with standard Itinerary, where some days walks can be shorter or longer as per your physical fitness, some designated overnight stops can change, due to available rooms and other facilities and etc…….
We will follow the itinerary if its need to be changes in case of weather, landslides and difficulties on walks requiring more days where our leader and lead head guides decides holding full authority for Trekking Planner Nepal.
Best Seasons for Annapurna Circuit Trekking:
Best time from March to May in spring season with September till December months during autumn and pre-winter season.
March to May much longer sunlight hours where green hills are bright and beautiful with wild flowers in full blooming times, especially rhododendron of various species, make the trek more interesting and very special.
Most days are clear from morning till late afternoon, can get cloudy sometimes with chance of snows around higher elevation cold in the morning and night time (not adding extra wind-chill factors).
Mid-September to December during autumn / fall season most days are crystal clear from morning till mid-afternoon, days are shorter and as well sunlight hours, much cold with freezing temperatures in the morning and night as well in shades above 1,800 m high chances of snow on walks.
Local Culture and Religion:
Gurung people are the main natives of Annapurna Himalaya region, around Nepal Far North and Mid-West as far towards Lamjung area and further West of the country.
With two main types of Gurung and Ghale the higher Manang valley and around low and mid hills, practice Buddhist religion as well ancient Bon cult of pre Buddhism respecting and worship of nature and spirit of ancestors where five elements are basic importance Sky, Cloud / Water, Thunder / Fire, Vegetation and Earth / Soil.
Gurung are farmers and cattle herders as main traditional occupation of ancient heritage, where lower Mid Hill Gurung menfolk are also known as famous and brave Gorkha soldiers winning much respects and valor in British and Indian Army as well in Singapore Police.
Every house adorned with Buddhist prayer flags which you can notice on this wonderful walk from Lamjung onward around Tal, Chame, Pisang, and Manang all the way at Pokhara city.
Climate & Weather:
Himalayan climate can be unpredictable sometimes even in good best seasons, where April and May to first week of June will be the best time during spring times, when days are longer with enough sunlight hours.
Morning and night time as well in shade can be cold and much freezing temperatures around higher areas above 2,000 m.
Other months from September to mid-December another great times for Annapurna Circuit treks and other areas of Himalaya, when days are clear for views and to summit the top of the peak, although much colder months of autumn season with extreme cold during morning and night time, where sunlight is much shorter.
Visiting Nepal one can obtain entry visa from your home country at Nepalese Embassies and Consulates, if not one can easily get visa on arrival at Nepal international airport in Kathmandu, or any port of entry.
For travel within Nepal Himalaya where all travelers and adventurer requires to fill our company form with emergency contact to relatives and families or close friends, as well keeping in close touch with Trekking Planner for immediate helps either medical or unforeseen reasons.
On arrival picked and received by our attentive airport representative or guides and staff for short transfer to your respective hotels in Kathmandu.
Accommodations & Food:
On Annapurna Circuit treks staying on best available local lodge from the start to and end of treks, offers good meals as per your choice from wide listed menu of the lodge serving from famous Nepalese Dal-Bhat to Continental with some Chinese, Tibetans and Indian foods.
All meals are well cooked, hygienic and fresh served in a large dining hall with warm environment.
On local lodge safe drinking water boiled and filtered for drinking.
Where all travelers require sound good health to join on all treks and climbs around Nepal Himalaya with healthy medical background and history.
Check with your home doctors and season of visit to Asian countries where immunization and vaccines requires against certain disease.
Altitude Sickness of AMS (Acute Mountain Sickness) might occur to some people on higher altitude from 3,000 m taking slow and drinking much fluid and water can overcome from high altitude sickness or AMS.
Where some can take protective measures using Diamox or Acetazolamide tablets this prevent and reduce symptoms of AMS can lower headache in high altitude walks and climb.
People with severe cases and situation of HACE and HAPE where the victim should be brought down to safe and secure places with medical team or doctors to attend, the fastest means is emergency evacuation by any means of immediate and fast transportation where available.
Around Nepal Himalaya the quickest emergency evacuation by means of Helicopter services to bring the victims back to Kathmandu and for further treatments.
For emergency evacuation where trekkers should be well insured with good Insurance policy that covers all medical side and the use of Helicopter or other means of transportation.
Where all travelers to Nepal Himalaya require Travel and Medical Insurance to cover against unfortunate accidents and sickness covering Helicopter Service Rescue to safe places and nearest hospitals.
Annapurna Circuit Trek where people from 18 to 60 years will be allowed and this involves if one can get medical insurance from your home countries.
TIMS (Trekking Information Management Systems) or similar permits for this treks includes ACAP (Annapurna Conservation Area Project) entrance fee as well.
Getting Into Nepal:
To reach Nepal one can reach by overland from India or Tibet, the main arrival from international flight to reach Kathmandu and Nepal international airport.
At present nearly all villages and towns do have facilities of ISTD and STD or cell phones or Sat phones, where one can easily communicate to your family or Trekking Planner in emergency situations.
SIMS cards available on showing your passport copies with small charge as per your time in Nepal.
On paying full package of the trip, where you need some extra money for your own individual expenses to buy souvenirs or for extra entertainment on route treks like having extra snacks and drinks.
Culture the main thing to observe by travelers to Nepal, where the country with two main religions Hindu and Buddhism with their own special interesting culture and custom.
Photography can be taken all around Nepal, where some public and private areas of Government, religious monuments and some old people might not allow photographs, where your guide will advise you on restricted places.
Tipping after getting satisfied with the service rendered by helpful staff of the hotels, drivers including guides and porters where you feel like it deserves gratitude like tipping.
Tipping is highly expected by crew members of trekking and on expeditions as traditions since tourism came in Himalayan countries.