Trekking Planner Nepal is open for LGBTQ(lesbian,gay,bisexual,transgender) community.
LGBTQ+ Friendly Trekking and Tour Travel Services from Nepal Trekking Planner.
Nepal Trekking Planner is a long-time ally of the LGBTQ+ community – come explore beautiful treks and sites throughout the country with a reliable, committed agency that supports you!
Nepal Trekking Planner is a travel and trekking agency with a long-standing commitment for the LGBTQ+ community. This trusted agency has provided tours, treks, and hiking trips for over two decades. Experience the breathtaking scenery of Nepal in an environment that supports and celebrates you!
LGBTQ+ Sensitivity Training and Staff Education.
Nepal Trekking Planner, we believe in promoting equal rights for the LGBTQ+ community everywhere! We have established staff education initiatives that include sensitivity training and other programs to ensure everyone is provided with a safe, respectful, and inclusive environment whenever they travel with us. Explore the outdoors with peace of mind knowing you are in safe hands.
Over 20 Years of Trekking and Tour Experience in Nepal.
With Nepal Trekking Planner, you can rest assured that your LGBTQ+ friendly trekking and travel needs are in capable hands. We have been providing quality trekking and sightseeing services in Nepal for over 20 years now, with a commitment to responsible tourism, sustainability, fair wages for our guides/porters/staffs, safety practices and respect for local customs.
Comprehensive “Safe” Package Planning for All Customers.
Our safe packages are tailored to ensure full protection and safety of LGBTQ+ customers during their stay in Nepal. We provide complete travel services, including information on entrance requirements, visas and safe accommodation according to customer’s needs; we have homes ready for rent within Kathmandu city and the mountain region and tea house lodges for trekking in the mountains. Moreover, we offer a range of additional travel services to make your journey pleasant, such as full trekking gear rental services, booking guide/porter service and arranging internal transfers from airport to hotel/destination. Our team of experienced tour professionals is available 24 hours-a-day to help you customize a package that's perfect for you!
Experienced Guides to Make Your Trip Extra-Special.
With Nepal Trekking Planner, the safety of LGBTQ+ customers is a top priority, and we know how important it is to have experienced, knowledgeable guides during your trek in Himalayan regions. Our team of experienced and reliable guides includes multilingual tour leaders to accompany you on your expeditions. We make sure that all our personnel have advanced knowledge of risky terrains and other unpredictable weather conditions so you can rest assured that you are in safe hands in remote areas. They will be there with you throughout your journey to provide first-aid, food and accommodation and 24/7 support if needed!
Helpful Resources to Ensure Safe Travels Around the Country.
Nepal Trekking Planner is proud to offer a number of helpful resources for LGBTQ+ travelers, including information on gender-friendly places of worship, accommodations, restaurants and more. We provide helpful tips and insights into cultural etiquette that may differ from what you’re used to, as well as providing support networks in case you need any further help during your travels in Nepal. By relying on the expertise of our experienced guides and the local knowledge of our staff, rest assured that your Trek around Nepal will be both enjoyable and safe.
Interested in why LGBTQ people are visiting Nepal in increasing numbers?
There are a few reasons why Nepal has become an increasingly popular destination for LGBT travelers in recent years:
- Legalization of homosexuality: In 2007, Nepal became one of the few countries in South Asia to decriminalize homosexuality. This has helped to create a more accepting environment for LGBT travelers.
- Growing LGBTQ community: Nepal has a small but active LGBT community, which has been organizing events and festivals in recent years. This has helped to create a more visible and supportive community for LGBT travelers.
- Cultural attractions: Nepal is known for its rich cultural heritage, including ancient temples, monasteries, and palaces. LGBT travelers can enjoy exploring these sites while also experiencing the local culture and traditions.
- Adventure tourism: Nepal is also known for its adventure tourism, including trekking, mountaineering, and white-water rafting. LGBT travelers can enjoy these activities while also taking in the natural beauty of the country.
- Affordable prices: Nepal is a relatively affordable destination, making it an attractive option for budget-conscious LGBT travelers.
Overall, Nepal offers a welcoming environment, rich cultural experiences, and a variety of adventure activities, which have made it an increasingly popular destination for LGBT travelers.
The number of LGBT travelers visiting Nepal has been growing in recent years due to a combination of factors, including the country's increasing acceptance of LGBT rights, the growth of the LGBT community in Nepal, and the appeal of Nepal's culture and natural beauty.
Here are some tips from Trekking Planner Nepal LGBTQ travelers to help ensure a safe and enjoyable trip to Nepal:
- Respect local customs: LGBT travelers should be aware of local customs and dress modestly when visiting temples and other cultural sites. Public displays of affection, including between same-sex couples, are generally not accepted in Nepal.
- Seek out LGBT-friendly establishments: Some hotels, bars, and restaurants in Nepal are known to be LGBT-friendly. Research in advance and seek out establishments that are welcoming to LGBTQ customers.
- Be cautious in rural areas: Rural areas in Nepal tend to be more conservative and less accepting of LGBTQ individuals. It's important to be cautious and respectful when traveling to these areas.
- Connect with the LGBTQ community: The LGBT community in Nepal has been growing in recent years, and there are organizations and events that cater to the LGBT community. Connecting with local LGBT individuals or groups can provide a sense of community and support.
- Consult with a travel expert: Consulting with a travel expert or LGBT-specific travel agency can provide insight into the current social and cultural climate in Nepal and help LGBT travelers plan a safe and enjoyable trip.
Overall, while LGBTQ travelers can enjoy the culture and natural beauty of Nepal, it is important to be aware of the social and cultural norms and to take precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip.
Some areas near to the Kathmandu where the lgbt community can have some good valuable memories with in a day reach from Kathmandu are:
- Kathmandu: - As the capital city of Nepal, Kathmandu is a bustling metropolis that is known for its rich history and diverse culture. There are several LGBTQ+ friendly hotels, restaurants, and bars in the city, and you can explore the stunning temples and palaces in the area.
- Pokhara: - This beautiful city is located in the foothills of the Himalayas and is a popular destination for adventure sports like trekking, paragliding, and rafting. There are several LGBTQ+ friendly hotels and restaurants in the area, and you can explore the stunning natural beauty of the region.
- Chitwan National Park: - This wildlife reserve is a popular destination for nature lovers and is home to several species of endangered animals. There are several LGBTQ+ friendly resorts and lodges in the area, and you can enjoy activities like jungle safaris and elephant rides.
- Bhaktapur: - This ancient city is known for its stunning temples and palaces, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. There are several LGBTQ+ friendly hotels and restaurants in the area, and you can explore the rich cultural heritage of Nepal.
Ideal trekking destinations for LGBTQ group.
Nepal is a popular destination for trekking, with stunning landscapes and challenging routes that draw adventure enthusiasts from around the world. While the country is gradually becoming more accepting of the LGBTQ+ community, it is important to exercise discretion while traveling and to respect local customs and traditions. That being said, here are some trekking options that are popular among LGBTQ+ travelers in Nepal:
- Annapurna Circuit Trek: - This is one of the most popular treks in Nepal, with stunning views of the Himalayan range and diverse landscapes that range from subtropical forests to high-altitude deserts. The trek takes around 21 days and is suitable for experienced trekkers.
- Everest Base Camp Trek: - This iconic trek takes you to the base of the world's highest peak, Mount Everest. The trek takes around 14 days and offers stunning views of the Khumbu glacier and surrounding peaks.
- Langtang Valley Trek: - This trek takes you to the Langtang Valley, which is known for its stunning views of the Himalayan range and traditional Tamang villages. The trek takes around 10 days and is suitable for beginner and intermediate trekkers.
- Manaslu Circuit Trek: - This trek takes you to the remote Manaslu region of Nepal, which is known for its stunning scenery and diverse ethnic groups. The trek takes around 18 days and is suitable for experienced trekkers.
Nepal Trekking Planneris a reputed organization to book your trek with who is familiar with the region and can provide guidance and support throughout your journey. Additionally, it is important to follow local customs and traditions and to exercise discretion while traveling in Nepal.